Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkansas couple have their 17th child, say they want more

Re: Arkansas couple have their 17th child, say they want more

[quote author=natashastar link=topic=9154.msg482535#msg482535 date=1186170561]
    I fucking hate the duggars.  They are such morons.  The house that they live in was built for them, for free, by volunteers. 

here's an idea, use a fucking condom.  I think it's incredibly selfish and socially irresponsible.  Houses should be built for people that aren't trying to overpopulate the world...houses should be built for people that had a few too many kids on accident lol, not for some crazy fundamentalists that just keep on popping them out.
    I hate the duggars...with a passion.

[/quote]

Ahhhh I should have figured the house was donated (outrageous).  I'm guessing since they're religious kooks the condom idea is still considered birth control.  I'd be tellin' old man Duggar to commence to whackin' it if I was Mrs. Duggar

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=9154.msg482477#msg482477 date=1186168949]
    right?  the average cost of ONE child for 18 years is $113,400.  multiply that by 17 and that's $1,927,800.   almost two million dollars!!!! 

he used to be a state rep.  so you know he doesn't make that much money... the average rep makes about $165,200/year. 

very irresponsible indeed.
    [/quote]

:-o that's WAY more then the average American makes.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

Remember the old Monty Python Movie, where the catholics sang &quot;Every Sperm is Sacred&quot;

The protestant guy was explaining to his son that the difference was, &quot;we can. if we choose, wrap our johnny&quot;.

[quote author=ImpalePonytail link=topic=9154.msg482491#msg482491 date=1186169309]
    Maybe thats why they have such a big family?

Haha!
    [/quote]
    incest is best!
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

[quote author=vaga link=topic=9154.msg482554#msg482554 date=1186171326]

:-o that's WAY more then the average American makes.

&nbsp;
    [/quote]

right... but it's still not enough to cover $2 million in child costs.&nbsp; he's no bill gates. :lol:
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

I watch house of babies every night on discovery health and there's always these ridiculous commercials for the duggar show...it totally ruins my discovery health experience.

This is where the donations should be going.&nbsp; I love this family.

http://www.sixgosselins.com/-Jon___K...__TV_Sche.html

113000 per child.....huh, my kids got shafted.

I'll bet that's a single child, car at sixteen or graduation, tommy hilfiger gear, and a down payment help on home.

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=9154.msg482590#msg482590 date=1186172540]

I'll bet that's a single child, car at sixteen or graduation, tommy hilfiger gear, and a down payment help on home.
    [/quote]

agreed.

[/quote]

I'd believe my parents spent at least that much on me. My car was a hand me down from my sister, that was only 2000 in the first place :) And I had very few designer clothes, and the ones I had were either gifts from other family or purchased at TJ Maxx. &nbsp;

After I turned 18 my parents have definitely spent a lot of money on me. At least 12,000, surely more.

[/quote]

How ever much it is I sure feel broke all the time with one child. Even with the tax break. I'm guessing I'll be spending the most when he goes off to college.&nbsp;

[quote author=natashastar link=topic=9154.msg482574#msg482574 date=1186172031]
    I watch house of babies every night on discovery health and there's always these ridiculous commercials for the duggar show...it totally ruins my discovery health experience.

[/quote]

awww.&nbsp; all the babies look like their daddy... SO CUTE.
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=9154.msg482609#msg482609 date=1186173116]
    [/quote]

flippin adorable!

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=9154.msg482609#msg482609 date=1186173116]
    [/quote]

I know I'm asking for smites here.&nbsp; But I don't think people who give birth to multiples due to fertility treatments are any more worthy of a donation than the Duggars.&nbsp; If they go through treatments knowing full well that multiple births could result, then they should be prepared to foot the bill.&nbsp; I would have to have fertility treatments myself in order to get pregnant.&nbsp; If the treatment involved the risk of having more than one child, I would damn well make sure I could afford the consequences rather than plastering my face all over the media begging for diaper donations.&nbsp; &nbsp; That, or I would plan to adopt.&nbsp; Some people take the burning need to procreate a little too far IMO.

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=9154.msg482625#msg482625 date=1186173758]
    I know I'm asking for smites here.&nbsp; But I don't think people who give birth to multiples due to fertility treatments are any more worthy of a donation that the Duggars.&nbsp; If they go through treatments knowing full well that multiple births could result, then they should be prepared to foot the bill.&nbsp; I would have to have fertility treatments myself in order to get pregnant.&nbsp; If the treatment involved the risk of having more than one child, I would damn well make sure I could afford the consequences rather than plastering my face all over the media begging for diaper donations.&nbsp; &nbsp; That, or I would plan to adopt.&nbsp; Some people take the burning need to procreate a little too far IMO.
    [/quote]

i agree with you.&nbsp; but then i don't really believe fertility treatments are moral or ethical and i may very well be infertile.&nbsp; besides, they already had two kids, right, why did they need more and if they did ADOPT!

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=9154.msg482630#msg482630 date=1186173912]
    i agree with you.&nbsp; but then i don't really believe fertility treatments are moral or ethical and i may very well be infertile.&nbsp; besides, they already had two kids, right, why did they need more and if they did ADOPT!
    [/quote]

I may have misunderstood, but I think they were offered a child (to adopt) which they refused.&nbsp; And then just months later, went for the fertility treatment.&nbsp; And yes, this was after they already had two biological children.&nbsp; I hope people like you and I have the good fortune to have just one child (if we want them), or the opportunity to adopt just fall into our laps!

Ughhhhh.&nbsp; The Duggars' make me want to vomit.&nbsp; Profusely.

Bitch needs to hit menopause, pronto.

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=9154.msg482625#msg482625 date=1186173758]
    I know I'm asking for smites here.&nbsp; But I don't think people who give birth to multiples due to fertility treatments are any more worthy of a donation that the Duggars.&nbsp; If they go through treatments knowing full well that multiple births could result, then they should be prepared to foot the bill.&nbsp; I would have to have fertility treatments myself in order to get pregnant.&nbsp; If the treatment involved the risk of having more than one child, I would damn well make sure I could afford the consequences rather than plastering my face all over the media begging for diaper donations.&nbsp; &nbsp; That, or I would plan to adopt.&nbsp; Some people take the burning need to procreate a little too far IMO.
    [/quote]

not quite smite worthy...but I feel the duggars are way worse than jon and kate.&nbsp; they aren't stopping.&nbsp; jon and kate will NOT have any more kids.&nbsp; they do everything on their own.&nbsp; they just bought a new home, because they outgrew their old one, and it was a huge ordeal, because they weren't sure if they could afford it or not.&nbsp; and they aren't fundamentalists...so YES I would rather people send money to them RATHER than the duggars.

[quote author=natashastar link=topic=9154.msg482574#msg482574 date=1186172031]

[/quote]

They live right by my mom.

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=9154.msg482630#msg482630 date=1186173912]
    [/quote]

Meh. My baby cousins are the result of fertility treatments and they are the best things ever. Twins, and I'm pretty sure my aunt and uncle aren't going to try for more. I'm not attacking you, just curious: Why do you feel it is immoral and unethical? I'm just curious.&nbsp; :-) Is it bc they could have adopted? I can see what you mean there, as there are too many parent-less children out in the world. But I don't see why wanting to have a biological child is wrong, either.

[quote author=natashastar link=topic=9154.msg482641#msg482641 date=1186174270]

not quite smite worthy...but I feel the duggars are way worse than jon and kate.&nbsp; &nbsp;they aren't stopping.&nbsp; jon and kate will NOT have any more kids.&nbsp; they do everything on their own.&nbsp; they just bought a new home, because they outgrew their old one, and it was a huge ordeal, because they weren't sure if they could afford it or not.&nbsp; and they aren't fundamentalists...so YES I would rather people send money to them RATHER than the duggars.
    [/quote]

True.&nbsp; The Duggars are way worse just by virtue of numbers!&nbsp; And I bet there is no end in sight for them.&nbsp; If Jon and Kate are doing everything on their own, and not looking for a hand out, more power to them.&nbsp; As someone who might not have kids, I think I take this debate too personally.

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=9154.msg482646#msg482646 date=1186174386]
    Meh. My baby cousins are the result of fertility treatments and they are the best things ever. Twins, and I'm pretty sure my aunt and uncle aren't going to try for more. I'm not attacking you, just curious: Why do you feel it is immoral and unethical? I'm just curious.&nbsp; :-) Is it bc they could have adopted? I can see what you mean there, as there are too many parent-less children out in the world. But I don't see why wanting to have a biological child is wrong, either.
    [/quote]

because overpopulation is a serious issue and infertility is mother natures way of handling it, so when we go behind her back and get knocked up unnaturally we're fucking with shit that i don't believe should be fucked with.&nbsp;

isn't going against mother nature unethical?&nbsp; i think so.&nbsp; and i want a child more then anything, if i can't have kids (a real possibility for me) i'll adopt.&nbsp; there a plenty of kids out there who need a loving family without dr.s intervention.&nbsp;

i guess you missed my thread about why i'm against stem cell research....&nbsp; one of my more unpopular issues.&nbsp; :lol:

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=9154.msg482662#msg482662 date=1186174786]
    because overpopulation is a serious issue and infertility is mother natures way of handling it, so when we go behind her back and get knocked up unnaturally we're fucking with shit that i don't believe should be fucked with.&nbsp;

isn't going against mother nature unethical?&nbsp; i think so.&nbsp; and i want a child more then anything, if i can't have kids (a real possibility for me) i'll adopt.&nbsp; there a plenty of kids out there who need a loving family without dr.s intervention.&nbsp;

i guess you missed my thread about why i'm against stem cell research....&nbsp; one of my more unpopular issues.&nbsp; :lol:
    [/quote]

this is an odd feeling, I actually disagree with you about something,&nbsp; I usually agree with you on most of the big issues.&nbsp; I am a BIG fan of stem cell research and support people trying to have at least one kid that is biologically their own.&nbsp; I also believe in sewing up people like&nbsp; Mrs. Duggar's, vaginas forever.

[quote author=natashastar link=topic=9154.msg482666#msg482666 date=1186174907]

this is an odd feeling, I actually disagree with you about something,&nbsp; I usually agree with you on most of the big issues.&nbsp; I am a BIG fan of stem cell research and support people trying to have at least one kid that is biologically their own.&nbsp; I also believe in sewing up people like&nbsp; Mrs. Duggar's, vaginas forever.
    [/quote]

the problem with fertility treatments is that there are frequently more then one kid, and sometimes six!&nbsp; it's just not right, and i've thought about this a lot and even see a fertility dr.&nbsp; i'm not trying to get preggers yet but when i do i won't reach for a bottle of hormones to get the job done.&nbsp; i think it's better to adopt.

and i also think we should let the baby boomers go, we can't keep everyone alive for ever!&nbsp; i just think science is taking shit to far...&nbsp; but that's just me apparently.&nbsp; :|

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=9154.msg482662#msg482662 date=1186174786]

[/quote]

Yeah missed that one. :lol:

Thanks for answering, I kinda figured that was your reasoning behind it. I totally see where you are coming from, but I really don't see why wanting one biologically is so terrible. I don't necessarily agree with people that have more than one unnatural pregnancy though. My cousins are twins, a boy and a girl, and that's enough for my aunt and uncle.

I dunno. I understand your view. So I'm just going to agree to disagree.&nbsp;

[quote author=natashastar link=topic=9154.msg482666#msg482666 date=1186174907]

[/quote]

:lol:

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=9154.msg482682#msg482682 date=1186175315]
    the problem with fertility treatments is that there are frequently more then one kid, and sometimes six!&nbsp; it's just not right, and i've thought about this a lot and even see a fertility dr.&nbsp; i'm not trying to get preggers yet but when i do i won't reach for a bottle of hormones to get the job done.&nbsp; i think it's better to adopt.

and i also think we should let the baby boomers go, we can't keep everyone alive for ever!&nbsp; i just think science is taking shit to far...&nbsp; but that's just me apparently.&nbsp; :|
    [/quote]

From a logical standpoint, I TOTALLY see where you are coming from on both parts.&nbsp; But the thing is when it comes to something personal, I'm way too selfish, I'll try to keep my parents alive forever I'm sure.&nbsp; Everyone has loved ones, and though they may agree with you when talking about everyone else's parents lol, it's a totally different story when it gets personal.

Interesting note on the overpopulation comment.

Most world area isn't overpopulated, it's the cities......&nbsp; 50 % of US citizens live in New York, Boston, Houston, LA, Chicago, Philly, Jersey, and a few others.

People need to spread out some.

Within 10 miles from any direction from me, there are less than 10000 people.&nbsp; Thats in the whole 20 mile circle.

We have tons of water, farmland, no polution and HUGE EMPTY SPACES. I've seen tons of empty all over the place, with the exception of The NYC, Boston, Philly area.&nbsp; Hell even Miami and LA have lots of country around.

I do believe that the planet is overpopulated, but unless you are in a little box i the city, it doesn't have a lot of effect. I also think Americans aren't the worst offenders of huge families.

Resources like Oil,&nbsp; meh, I use gas, but really, if we were running out, they have alternative sources for power....just not enough money in it.

We do need to stop the air pollution, that to me is the most crucial thing at this point......

Nature deals with overpopulation, it's cruel, but that's what famines and diseases are for, and why they occur in overpopulated areas. Medicines are a big factor in the overpopulation, because people who were meant to die are saved. People over 70 are a huge part of the population, but not too many years back, there were few people ever to reach that age. We aren't supposed to get OLD. conversley, the Infant Mortality Rate has declined.

I'm hate the Duggar's also, but IMO and this is only MY opinion. Technology is responsible for overpopulation.

Thread Information