Thread: Questions about submitting

Questions about submitting

Hi all, as you can see I'm new, this is my first post.  Like most everyone else in the "introduce yourself" section I've been addicted to this place for a long time, and finally decided to join the forums.  I wanted to send in a submission, but I had a question about it, plus I had technical issues when I tried anyway.

The submission is about the death of a guy named Luke Youngs, in the UK.  I'm not sure if anyone's familiar with the story, but he died recently while pushing his girlfriend out of the way of an oncoming train, saving her life.  The problem is that I didn't know him, I found a corresponding myspace profile (Luke Youngs, 19 years old, UK) by running a search for his name.  So I'm not sure if it'd be right to connect the profile with this particular Luke Youngs.  Here are links to the news story, and the mostly barren myspace profile:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2346079,00.html

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID =103757813

He hasn't signed in since August 31, but there's really nothing to go by in identifying him.  Though if it is his, the display picture of him with his girlfriend is touching.  Anyway, I was just hoping to get his story memorialized on this site, it would be a great addition.

My second question I guess is relative, plus it'd be more for the site management than the users...  I couldn't send the submission (with the above disclaimer in the additional notes) because it said the news article didn't begin with "http://".  But it does.  So I dunno. 

Anyhow, thanks for reading, and enjoy life.  :)

Re: Questions about submitting

Wow... what a good guy.Â* I'd feel so bad if I were his gf (not saying that it's her fault or she did it on purpose)... just so sad.Â*

But yeah, I had that same problem when submitting a few days ago.  I dunno what that's about.  I just left the URL box blank and put the article link in the comments box...

FAKE!

If you're trying to say I made a fake myspace profile, you're not too bright.  The profile clearly shows that the user last signed in on August 31.  The man in the article died on September 6th or 7th.  Would I make the corresponding myspace profile a week before he died?  Think before you speak, brotha.  I was being helpful.

Edit:  Thanks holly, but if this moderator is the one who reviews submissions, I don't think it matters much. 

Edit #2:  LOL, moderator bashing fodder.

Edit #3:  That's what I get for letting the mod get to me...  I was wrong, the guy died much earlier than Sep. 6 or 7, I re-read the article and it says it happened on February 18.  But the news wasn't released till September 7th, as you can find by doing a google news search on "Luke Youngs".  So, yeah, that myspace can't belong to the Luke Youngs who died.  In any case, I didn't make a fake myspace. 

[quote author=jwm124 link=topic=1339.msg45883#msg45883 date=1157900786]
    If you're trying to say I made a fake myspace profile, you're not too bright.  The profile clearly shows that the user last signed in on August 31.  The man in the article died on September 6th or 7th.  Would I make the corresponding myspace profile a week before he died?  Think before you speak, brotha.  I was being helpful.

Edit:  Thanks holly, but if this moderator is the one who reviews submissions, I don't think it matters much. 

Edit #2:  LOL, moderator bashing fodder.

Edit #3:  That's what I get for letting the mod get to me...  I was wrong, the guy died much earlier than Sep. 6 or 7, I re-read the article and it says it happened on February 18.  But the news wasn't released till September 7th, as you can find by doing a google news search on "Luke Youngs".  So, yeah, that myspace can't belong to the Luke Youngs who died.  In any case, I didn't make a fake myspace. 
    [/quote]

I didn't say YOU madea a fake profile. I simply said FAKE!

But you're banned anyway for being a douche.

hahaha, owned!

ROFL...bad day Mike?    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    People do what they know; when they know better, they do better....Maya Angelou

Congratulations jwm124!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=1339.msg46133#msg46133 date=1157962610]

[/quote]

i think i am falling in love with Mike... haha

[quote author=Kashie link=topic=1339.msg52493#msg52493 date=1158634068]
    [quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=1339.msg46133#msg46133 date=1157962610]

[/quote]

i think i am falling in love with Mike... haha

[/quote]

lol some peoples children
    No Man Is Worth YOur Tears & The One Who Is, Will Never Make You Cry

Thread Information