Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: funny article about how myspace ruins relationships... one reason i HATE myspace

funny article about how myspace ruins relationships... one reason i HATE myspace

i thought this was funny...
    an article about how myspace 'interrupts the natural cycle of life'.... its true!!!!!!!!!
    and this is one reason i hate myspace.

http://www.drainweb.com/?p=52

Re: funny article about how myspace ruins relationships... one reason i HATE mys

Uhhhh you do know that without myspace there would be no mydeathspace, right?

Re: funny article about how myspace ruins relationships... one reason i HATE mys

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=9031.msg477700#msg477700 date=1185814263]
    Uhhhh you do know that without myspace there would be no mydeathspace, right?
    [/quote]

:lol: :lol:
    Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.<br />

Yeah, MySpace FORCES people to cheat on their spouses.

How about not marrying people with shady characters.

I AM A GENIUS

exactly!!!&nbsp;

_Emilee_

Re: funny article about how myspace ruins relationships... one reason i HATE myspace

you do have a point.
    i guess it depends on what kind girl your with.

but for some girls myspace is like cocaine - pure-cut Colombian blow.
    and we all know how drugs can change a woman.
    mydeathspace is pretty rad, but maybe myspace should have an option to delete your account when you die if you so choose to.

Re: funny article about how myspace ruins relationships... one reason i HATE myspace

[quote author=turbotrauma link=topic=9031.msg480242#msg480242 date=1186029945]
    you do have a point.

mydeathspace is pretty rad, but maybe myspace should have an option to delete your account when you die if you so choose to.
    [/quote]

Whereas, of course, men remain completely unaffected.

[quote author=turbotrauma link=topic=9031.msg480242#msg480242 date=1186029945]
    you do have a point.

[/quote]

Exactly where would you be offered said choice, after you die and all?

Exactly where would you be offered said choice, after you die and all?
    it would be an account option like any other... &quot;Delete account after your death? [X]&quot;

:)

[quote author=turbotrauma link=topic=9031.msg477697#msg477697 date=1185813510]
    an article about how myspace 'interrupts the natural cycle of life'.... its true!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

I was just talking to someone about this the other day. I'm in 100% agreement.

[/quote]

hmmmmm.......... we are waiting for you to say something intelligent.
    <br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

[quote author=turbotrauma link=topic=9031.msg480706#msg480706 date=1186070167]
    it would be an account option like any other... &quot;Delete account after your death? [X]&quot;

:)
    [/quote]

sure, but who reports that you are dead? could anyone report anyone else as dead? how would myspace know that you are really dead?
    <br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

sure, but who reports that you are dead? could anyone report anyone else as dead? how would myspace know that you are really dead?
    well, typically when a myspace member dies their friends will bombard their page with &quot;rest in peace&quot; comments and etc,.. i do not have a myspace account but if i did i certainly wouldn't want my page to be on the internet for eternity. i just mean that - like any other choice - a person should have the option of NOT preserving the page...

[/quote]

+1 for you. I'm going to forward this little article to my ex.

[quote author=turbotrauma link=topic=9031.msg480716#msg480716 date=1186071268]
    well, typically when a myspace member dies their friends will bombard their page with &quot;rest in peace&quot; comments and etc,.. i do not have a myspace account but if i did i certainly wouldn't want my page to be on the internet for eternity. i just mean that - like any other choice - a person should have the option of NOT preserving the page...
    [/quote]

Actually most friends create a memorial MS because most sane people have their comments set on approve.&nbsp; A person does have the option to not preserve their page.&nbsp; They just can't exercise that option when they are DEAD.&nbsp;

If you don't want your MS up for eternity, delete it now, you never know.

haha, i thought i'd take this opportunity to post a picture of my beautiful little sister.&nbsp;

myspace really did ruin her relationship, however i feel it's important to point out that she is only 17!&nbsp;

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=9031.msg480707#msg480707 date=1186070394]
    I was just talking to someone about this the other day. I'm in 100% agreement.
    [/quote]

me too.

Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

I find it's the crucial 'relationship status' box that makes or breaks the deal.

what? this is total bullshit.

i run into people I've forgotten about at bars or just around.

if your wife/girlfriend leaves you because their ex added them to his myspace then she was probably gonna leave you anyway, without the myspace.

i have 3 of my ex's who i had long and really good relationships with, on my friends list. i have no urge to leave my husband for any of them. it isnt because im holding myself back from it, or i need willpower to stop myself from leaving my husband for them.

if this theory is true, then it should hold for just leaving your house in general.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=9031.msg480936#msg480936 date=1186080726]
    what? this is total bullshit.

i run into people I've forgotten about at bars or just around.

if your wife/girlfriend leaves you because their ex added them to his myspace then she was probably gonna leave you anyway, without the myspace.

i have 3 of my ex's who i had long and really good relationships with, on my friends list. i have no urge to leave my husband for any of them. it isnt because im holding myself back from it, or i need willpower to stop myself from leaving my husband for them.

if this theory is true, then it should hold for just leaving your house in general.
    [/quote]

Out of sight out of mind. Even trustworthy people fuck up and when you bring in outside factors some people can't resist. Nobody's perfect.
    I think it's disrespectful to be collecting ex boyfriends on your top friends like they're baseball cards. I know I don't want to see my girlfriends rogue gallery of ex's everytime I click on her page. There are some people that end up being friends and that's fine, but it's a constant reminder to your loved one that &quot;hey, I fucked your girlfriend&quot;

Some people are meant to be forgotten. Even if they have no intention of cheating, if it bothers your partner I wouldn't think it'd be a huge deal to respect their wishes. It's not like they're asking you to sacrifice a limb.

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=9031.msg481057#msg481057 date=1186086679]
    Out of sight out of mind. Even trustworthy people fuck up and when you bring in outside factors some people can't resist. Nobody's perfect.
    I think it's disrespectful to be collecting ex boyfriends on your top friends like they're baseball cards. I know I don't want to see my girlfriends rogue gallery of ex's everytime I click on her page. There are some people that end up being friends and that's fine, but it's a constant reminder to your loved one that &quot;hey, I fucked your girlfriend&quot;

Some people are meant to be forgotten. Even if they have no intention of cheating, if it bothers your partner I wouldn't think it'd be a huge deal to respect their wishes. It's not like they're asking you to sacrifice a limb.
    [/quote]

I call bullshit.

True maturity and trust in a relationship makes something amazing happen: You just don't care because you trust your partner. None of this &quot;don't flirt with my man&quot;, or &quot;why is an ex in your top friends list bullshit&quot;.

If my partner asked me something as silly as ditching people from my friends list I would reevaluate the relationship. Doesn't he trust me? Usually the most jealous or suspicious people have the most to hide. I have found this time and time again. They are the cheaters or so insecure in themselves (regardless of what they say) the relationship is doomed.

[quote author=Only1Lf link=topic=9031.msg481085#msg481085 date=1186087414]
    I call bullshit.

True maturity and trust in a relationship makes something amazing happen: You just don't care because you trust your partner. None of this &quot;don't flirt with my man&quot;, or &quot;why is an ex in your top friends list bullshit&quot;.

If my partner asked me something as silly as ditching people from my friends list I would reevaluate the relationship. Doesn't he trust me? Usually the most jealous or suspicious people have the most to hide. I have found this time and time again. They are the cheaters or so insecure in themselves (regardless of what they say) the relationship is doomed.
    [/quote]

So you'd have no problem with your man having 8 women he's fucked on his myspace. What happens when you notice he's emailing them? Are you going to trust him enough to just ignore it and assume it's just friendly chit chat?

All I'm saying is what good can come from keeping contact with ex's? Nothing. I'm not talking about 1 or 2 that you are truly good friends with. If I saw an ex girlfriend on the street I might talk to her for 5 minutes and that's it. What good can come of having all her contact info and vice versa. Nothing.

Call bullshit all you want. Women tend to not understand because they are generally more social then men. They think that men want to rekindle friendships because they genuinely want to be friends. Take your head out of the sand, 95% of them want to hook back up for sex.

[quote author=Only1Lf link=topic=9031.msg481085#msg481085 date=1186087414]
    I call bullshit.

[/quote]

to all of that.

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=9031.msg481057#msg481057 date=1186086679]

[/quote]

i wouldnt want to be with someone who you would have to use the ol' &quot;out of sight, out of mind&quot; technique on. my husband has this ex who has been trying to get back with him, and meet up with him, even his family members. shes on his friends list, and as much as i cant stand her ugly ass, im not worried he would cheat. if i had the feeling he would, then im not in the relationship i thought i was, and i surely wouldn't stick with it.

if myspace can push them to cheat, i could think of a million other situations that would push them just the same.

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=9031.msg481111#msg481111 date=1186088157]
    So you'd have no problem with your man having 8 women he's fucked on his myspace. What happens when you notice he's emailing them? Are you going to trust him enough to just ignore it and assume it's just friendly chit chat?

All I'm saying is what good can come from keeping contact with ex's? Nothing. I'm not talking about 1 or 2 that you are truly good friends with. If I saw an ex girlfriend on the street I might talk to her for 5 minutes and that's it. What good can come of having all her contact info and vice versa. Nothing.

Call bullshit all you want. Women tend to not understand because they are generally more social then men. They think that men want to rekindle friendships because they genuinely want to be friends. Take your head out of the sand, 95% of them want to hook back up for sex.[/quote]

I could care less how many women he has fucked that he might still talk to. I trust him implicitly. I have been burned by cheating before so I know how it feels. I just choose not to taint my relationship with unnecessary restrictions and demands. Life is demanding enough. It is hard enough to keep a relationship together while shuttling kids this way and that way, house repairs, sports practices, overtime. Why add crap on top of it. Jealousy and insecurity are a symptom of a problem in the relationship. You have to find out what the real problem is. Normally the person making the demands is the one with the problem, not the other way around. Besides if he wants to fuck around and ruin what we have I would want to know sooner rather than later.

With that said I was jealous in my current relationship before. The woman was prettier than me, skinnier than me, had more to offer than I could ever dream of. She was also a very genuinely friendly person. She would talk to him at a social event and I would drop little biting comments here and there about her and him talking. He was patient and reminded me that he loved me and only me. I saw later how dumb it was. The problem was ME not him. I was insecure about my looks and place in life. It had nothing to do with him. If I would have gone off the deep end or repeated this behavior over and over again I doubt he would have continued to be patient.

I just can't explain what it is like to be in a relationship that is based on trust.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=9031.msg481140#msg481140 date=1186089134]

i wouldnt want to be with someone who you would have to use the ol' &quot;out of sight, out of mind&quot; technique on. my husband has this ex who has been trying to get back with him, and meet up with him, even his family members. shes on his friends list, and as much as i cant stand her ugly ass, im not worried he would cheat. if i had the feeling he would, then im not in the relationship i thought i was, and i surely wouldn't stick with it.

if myspace can push them to cheat, i could think of a million other situations that would push them just the same.
    [/quote]

Then my question to you is... If she's trying to get back with him and he wants nothing to do with her, why would he put her on his top friends?

I'm not saying he's cheating on you but if I had an ugly, crazy ex gf stalking me I wouldn't want anything to do with her. Also, out of respect for you, I would not email her or have her on my top friends, whether you care or not.

Thread Information