Thread: Submissions being ignored

Submissions being ignored

Not too long ago the former guitar player and co-founder of the NYC hardcore band Merauder Javier Carpio (aka SOB) passed away, and even though I have submitted him TWICE (and doubt I was the only one), it has been ignored. What's up with that shit?? Is someone running the site ignoring some people on purpose? Is it because of a dislike for hard music, or did someone get their ass beat at a show and is making themself feel better by playing god here? Whatever the reason, it's pretty pathetic that murderers are getting props on the site while someone who did something memorable as well as positive with their life is being snubbed. If there's some other explanation I'd love to hear it, but if it's a supposed "technical issue" or something else equally as weak and transparent I won't be surprised. Anyone who's interested can visit his page here:

http://www.myspace.com/_sob

If someone from the site wants to remedy the situation, great. If not, have enough balls to at least explain why.

If anyone else has had their submissions ignored, drop a comment. It'll be interesting to see what others pop up.

Re: Submissions being ignored

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed77
    Not too long ago the former guitar player and co-founder of the NYC hardcore band Merauder Javier Carpio (aka SOB) passed away, and even though I have submitted him TWICE (and doubt I was the only one), it has been ignored. What's up with that shit?? Is someone running the site ignoring some people on purpose? Is it because of a dislike for hard music, or did someone get their ass beat at a show and is making themself feel better by playing god here? Whatever the reason, it's pretty pathetic that murderers are getting props on the site while someone who did something memorable as well as positive with their life is being snubbed. If there's some other explanation I'd love to hear it, but if it's a supposed "technical issue" or something else equally as weak and transparent I won't be surprised. Anyone who's interested can visit his page here:

http://www.myspace.com/_sob

If someone from the site wants to remedy the situation, great. If not, have enough balls to at least explain why.

If anyone else has had their submissions ignored, drop a comment. It'll be interesting to see what others pop up.
    You're way off here. I am the only one updating the site with new deaths, I work full time, and go to school at night. I'm guessing that there are now over 2,000 new death submissions in the mydeathspace inbox.

Your submission is not being ignored. I randomly go through the emails and upload new deaths to the site whenever I have free time.

If I was actually making money from the site, I'd be on top of all the new submissions. But I'm not, so updates are not as often as I'd like them to be.

I'll post your submission later tonight though.

Thanks for the flame post! :lol:

Wow Mr. Death Space..:[
    I hope you can get to all of them, it'd make all of us super fricken happy haha.
    I&#039;d love to ruin your life.<br />

hey if you need some help...shit ask...
    <br />The Angel within

Yeah mr deathspaceguy...damm.....what the hell are we paying you for????
    oh wait....
    nevermind :lol:
    (btw, thank you for all the hard work you do)
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

hah, as if all he has to do in life is sit on the computer uploading new deaths...
    lol, crack that whip annoyed77
    shit i sent him deaths before and they never came up, doesn't bother me...man that chick/dude needs to relax, I love how assuming that message is

ah...Les sigh...I wish I could have that kind of hobbie...looking at deaths all day...that would rock my socks!
    <br />The Angel within

He said that this band guy was "someone who did something memorable as well as positive with [his] life" and that he was snubbed... This guy died of an overdose. That's not something positive, dipshit! Quit your whining.

Thanks for correcting that and sorry about the misunderstanding. Didn't realize things got that backlogged considering how recent some of the newer deaths were. Wasn't my intent to come off like a tool. :twisted:

As for this maggot with the stupid screen name...
    Who the fuck are YOU to judge how someone died??? What do you do with your life that makes you so fucking special??? The FACT is he was an extremely talented guitarist whose style still influences a lot of the metal/hardcore crossover shit you hear on the radio nowadays. The FACT is regardless of how he died, he lived a life that made him more friends than you could ever hope to have by being the kind of person that you could rely on under any circumstances. The FACT is more people miss him than would miss your punk ass, and the friends he helped as well as the music he made in this life will last longer than anything you ever accomplish in yours. Yes, he O.D.'ed. Yes, that is a shitty way to die and it shows bad judgement on his part. FACT is, it doesn't mean jack shit about his heart, how he treated his friends, and how his music had a lot of positive influence on other artists.

So crawl back in your closet and keep your mouth shut if you're only here to take shots at someone who's dead. I'm sure there's plenty of places on the internet made for that. You want to talk shit and cast judgement on people? Get off of your computer and see how far it gets you saying that to those who knew him in the real world, you fucking pussy. Pompous internet douchebags who feel the need to jump on their high horse and add some pithy comment so they can feel better about the unimportant lives they lead are truly pathetic.

Do the world a favor and hang yourself. You might even make #400 if you hurry, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by HomicidalLlama
    He said that this band guy was "someone who did something memorable as well as positive with [his] life" and that he was snubbed... This guy died of an overdose. That's not something positive, dipshit! Quit your whining.
    My father died of an overdose at my tender age of 3. But he did many positive things in his life that helped shape mine and many others in a positive way. Don't cast stones! You have no idea of the ignorance you speak!
    &quot;Helpless, selfish, stupid power!&quot;

Mr. Deathspace you need to find a way to make big $$$ off this site, quit your job, and satisfy our insatiable obituary needs. Get back to us on that.

Oh and it's funny how some people are like "Damn you! Take my friend off here NOW!" and then others feel it's a personal affront to not be included like it's an honor and rite of passage. Weird.

[quote author=Annoyed77 link=topic=158.msg2363#msg2363 date=1152311482]
    Thanks for correcting that and sorry about the misunderstanding. &nbsp;Didn't realize things got that backlogged considering how recent some of the newer deaths were. &nbsp;Wasn't my intent to come off like a tool. &nbsp;:twisted:

As for this maggot with the stupid screen name...
    Who the fuck are YOU to judge how someone died??? &nbsp;What do you do with your life that makes you so fucking special??? &nbsp; The FACT is he was an extremely talented guitarist whose style still influences a lot of the metal/hardcore crossover shit you hear on the radio nowadays. &nbsp;The FACT is regardless of how he died, he lived a life that made him more friends than you could ever hope to have by being the kind of person that you could rely on under any circumstances. &nbsp;The FACT is more people miss him than would miss your punk ass, and the friends he helped as well as the music he made in this life will last longer than anything you ever accomplish in yours. &nbsp;Yes, he O.D.'ed. &nbsp;Yes, that is a shitty way to die and it shows bad judgement on his part. &nbsp;FACT is, it doesn't mean jack shit about his heart, how he treated his friends, and how his music had a lot of positive influence on other artists. &nbsp;

So crawl back in your closet and keep your mouth shut if you're only here to take shots at someone who's dead. &nbsp;I'm sure there's plenty of places on the internet made for that. &nbsp;You want to talk shit and cast judgement on people? &nbsp;Get off of your computer and see how far it gets you saying that to those who knew him in the real world, you fucking pussy. &nbsp;Pompous internet douchebags who feel the need to jump on their high horse and add some pithy comment so they can feel better about the unimportant lives they lead are truly pathetic. &nbsp;

Do the world a favor and hang yourself. &nbsp;You might even make #400 if you hurry, bitch.
    [/quote]

dude, you're kind of coming off as a tool again.
    <br /><br />Funk all night.

[quote author=DaGr link=topic=158.msg1118563#msg1118563 date=1229457520]
    dude, you're kind of coming off as a tool again.
    [/quote]

Psst. why did you bump this thread?&nbsp; :lol:

Is that bad? I'm still new to forums and their social conventions.&nbsp;
    <br /><br />Funk all night.

[quote author=DaGr link=topic=158.msg1118810#msg1118810 date=1229470142]
    Is that bad? I'm still new to forums and their social conventions.&nbsp; &nbsp;
    [/quote]

I dunno. It really urks some people when an old thread is bumped.&nbsp; I don't know why though.&nbsp; The only time it slightly annoys me is when 1 poster bumps 394857390485730 old threads on the same day just to say OMG LOL or OMG how said.

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=158.msg1118816#msg1118816 date=1229470362]
    I dunno. It really urks some people when an old thread is bumped.&nbsp; I don't know why though.&nbsp; The only time it slightly annoys me is when 1 poster bumps 394857390485730 old threads on the same day just to say OMG LOL or OMG how said.
    [/quote]That and this was an old pointless thread...

I like to see updates where the murderer was caught, etc. but complaints about submission not getting posted from 2006 ???
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=158.msg1118859#msg1118859 date=1229471700]
    That and this was an old pointless thread...

I like to see updates where the murderer was caught, etc. but complaints about submission not getting posted from 2006 ???
    [/quote]

I think it's a good thing when old threads are bumped because at least we know that members are reading the forum.&nbsp; It doesn't bother me in the least.&nbsp;

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=158.msg1118875#msg1118875 date=1229472205]
    I think it's a good thing when old threads are bumped because at least we know that members are reading the forum.&nbsp; It doesn't bother me in the least.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Sometimes I like the bump, I get to see old threads I missed.&nbsp;

But it seems like I dont know half of the posters from the old ones...they have moved on.

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=158.msg1118878#msg1118878 date=1229472354]
    Sometimes I like the bump, I get to see old threads I missed.&nbsp;

But it seems like I dont know half of the posters from the old ones...they have moved on.
    [/quote]

I know.&nbsp; I miss them.&nbsp; (well the ones that I knew)

Did they guy ever get posted?&nbsp; :lol:

[quote author=Fleta link=topic=158.msg1118884#msg1118884 date=1229472564]
    Did they guy ever get posted?&nbsp; :lol:
    [/quote]

We need cllllooooooooooouuuuuussssuuuurrrreeeee!
    <br />The best thing happened. A guy was butchering Conway Twitty at Karaoke and the power went off in the bar. Someone shouted you pissed Jesus off when you messed with Conway!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=wickedgirl link=topic=158.msg1118910#msg1118910 date=1229474040]
    We need cllllooooooooooouuuuuussssuuuurrrreeeee!
    [/quote]

OK. :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information