Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Death # 493 Heather Begeny

Re: Death # 493 Heather Begeny

[quote author=SOAD link=topic=1316.msg45461#msg45461 date=1157758685]
    id take her for a meal...would be a cheap evening

how do you spot a bulimic at a batchelor party?...............the cake jumps out of the girl
    [/quote]

:lol:  :lol:

[quote author=fuzzbucket1 link=topic=1316.msg45655#msg45655 date=1157819202]
    I was obsessed with my weight throughout my teens. I'm in my 20s now, and thankfully I've grown out of that phase. My weight has stayed pretty consistent..except when I first turned 21 and kinda gained some weight thanks to beerÂ* :-o
    [/quote]

Did you drink because of the weight thing? That would what I call Irony.

ED=Erectile dysfunction

Silly!!

with all these organizations fighting againist Anorexia, I'm surprised how they exagerrated the media's influence.

[quote author=Nicole link=topic=1316.msg45949#msg45949 date=1157911601]
    with all these organizations fighting againist Anorexia, I'm surprised how they exagerrated the media's influence.
    [/quote]

Hmm I really wouldn't say it's exagerrated.  The media plays a HUGE part in it all.  Only recently have ads (like Dove) shown average-sized women... But look at most magazines - skinny people all over the cover.  They take people that are already skinny and thin them down with photoshop even further.

[quote author=holly link=topic=1316.msg45994#msg45994 date=1157921734]
    [/quote]

Hmm I really wouldn't say it's exagerrated.Â* The media plays a HUGE part in it all.Â* Only recently have ads (like Dove) shown average-sized women... But look at most magazines - skinny people all over the cover.Â* They take people that are already skinny and thin them down with photoshop even further.
    [/quote]

true, but they act as if the media is the core reason for anorexia. alot of these girls were the ambitious ( over-achivier, in ruder terms) type, or were involved in a sport or dance that required slim physiques. Also the main enforcers of the ideal female figure are other woman, and lets not forget the low self esteem that many cannot shake off even after the adolescent years. its much more complex than " fuller figured people on t.v. will end this"

[quote author=Nicole link=topic=1316.msg45999#msg45999 date=1157922509]
    [quote author=holly link=topic=1316.msg45994#msg45994 date=1157921734]
    [/quote]

Hmm I really wouldn't say it's exagerrated.Â* The media plays a HUGE part in it all.Â* Only recently have ads (like Dove) shown average-sized women... But look at most magazines - skinny people all over the cover.Â* They take people that are already skinny and thin them down with photoshop even further.
    [/quote]

true, but they act as if the media is the core reason for anorexia. alot of these girls were the ambitious ( over-achivier, in ruder terms) type, or were involved in a sport or dance that required slim physiques. Also the main enforcers of the ideal female figure are other woman, and lets not forget the low self esteem that many cannot shake off even after the adolescent years. its much more complex than " fuller figured people on t.v. will end this"
    [/quote]

Yeah that's all true.  I wasn't saying that the media was the only reason, just that it does play a big part in it.

[quote author=Joker link=topic=1316.msg45873#msg45873 date=1157899336]
    [quote author=fuzzbucket1 link=topic=1316.msg45655#msg45655 date=1157819202]
    I was obsessed with my weight throughout my teens. I'm in my 20s now, and thankfully I've grown out of that phase. My weight has stayed pretty consistent..except when I first turned 21 and kinda gained some weight thanks to beer  :-o
    [/quote]

Did you drink because of the weight thing? That would what I call Irony.
    [/quote]

haha no. i just spent a lot on beer the first month i was 21. i've calmed down

[quote author=Bloo link=topic=1316.msg45429#msg45429 date=1157753343]
    This is my ex-girlfriend, Nadia. We had some mad crazee sex. Then she broke in half, but I kept the bottom half.

[/quote]

Dear God. Please tell me that's somehow a fake photo. :-(

I like my weight, I'm about 116 lb and happy with it. I'm pretty small, but I've got awesome boobs and I plan on keeping them. My boyfriend certainly loves it, it's wonderful hearing him say I've got the perfect body after my prick of an ex called me chubby. Note to self: hunt down ex and key his car. 

My former acting agent once told me I was fat in front of my drama class, though... Jeez, did that ever make me angry. Especially considering that she was not beauty herself - she looked like she'd had a head-on collison with a freight train.

I don't think it's a fake photo. I've seen it before.

that's sad.....they think they look good too that's the sad part
    when things go wrong and you know they will, <br />and your daily rode seems all up hill.<br />and when your sad and blue and want to quit<br />remember one thing I DON&#039;T GIVE A SHIT

[quote author=NJMIKE link=topic=1316.msg46155#msg46155 date=1157974983]
    that's sad.....they think they look good too that's the sad part
    [/quote]

Thats so scary.&nbsp; Its even scarier when they think that they look fat at these emaciated weights&nbsp;

yeah,&nbsp; TV makes me want to ana again.&nbsp; Seriously.

I have huge self body image issues, mostly a result of the people I went to high school with. The media didn't help, but seeing thin girls on TV didn't spring the problem; the thin girls around, in my school,who called me &quot;fat&quot; did.

I was mildly anorexic on and off for about a year (of course I thought I was just &quot;dieting&quot; until someone pointed out that 500 calories a day and obsessive exercising isn't healthy). The sad thing is, when I got down to 112 pounds, all I saw was the flab I still had.

I'm back to a normal weight now, and I still have to remind myself that I'm not fat... daily. I still wish I was thin. I don't think I'll ever be okay with my body, but I've learned to accept it, albeit grudgingly at times. Lovehandles or not, I AM A SEXY BEAST.

[quote author=Fleta link=topic=1316.msg47462#msg47462 date=1158113331]
    I have huge self body image issues, mostly a result of the people I went to high school with. The media didn't help, but seeing thin girls on TV didn't spring the problem; the thin girls around, in my school,who called me &quot;fat&quot; did.

I was mildly anorexic on and off for about a year (of course I thought I was just &quot;dieting&quot; until someone pointed out that 500 calories a day and obsessive exercising isn't healthy). The sad thing is, when I got down to 112 pounds, all I saw was the flab I still had.

I'm back to a normal weight now, and I still have to remind myself that I'm not fat... daily. I still wish I was thin. I don't think I'll ever be okay with my body, but I've learned to accept it, albeit grudgingly at times. Lovehandles or not, I AM A SEXY BEAST.
    [/quote]

I'm pretty much like that too.&nbsp; I over-obsesse about weight every single day.&nbsp; It's always on my mind... I have to give myself a pep-talk basically everyday.&nbsp; And in my case, I'd say the media plays a big part in it.

most normal people don't have the time to go to a gym and work out every day…..and when you see these celebrities that look fantastic, well most if not all of them, have private trainers and cooks..If I had that I know I'd be in better shape :roll:
    when things go wrong and you know they will, <br />and your daily rode seems all up hill.<br />and when your sad and blue and want to quit<br />remember one thing I DON&#039;T GIVE A SHIT

[quote author=NJMIKE link=topic=1316.msg47688#msg47688 date=1158148745]
    most normal people don't have the time to go to a gym and work out every day…..and when you see these celebrities that look fantastic, well most if not all of them, have private trainers and cooks..If I had that I know I'd be in better shape :roll:

[/quote]

Its so true.&nbsp; Looking that way is their job.&nbsp; They are paid millions of dollars to maintain a certain image.&nbsp; And when they deviate from that image, they lose money.&nbsp; Anna Nicole Smith, Janet Jackson, and Kirstie Alley all became tabloid fodder due to weight gain, but that was the only media exposure that they were getting at the time.&nbsp; And yes, I know about Fat Actress, but it essentially tanked, so does it count?

But at the same time, extremely thin actresses are also roasted in the tabloids, but they are also rewarded with Hollywood contracts.&nbsp; So although both groups are criticized only one is rewarded.&nbsp;

I'll be back, I think I'm going to go run around the block a few times.

Thread Information