Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctors' family (Petit) held hostage, robbed, slaughtered.

Re: Doctors family held hostage, robbed, slaughtered.

[quote author=g r ee n ey e s link=topic=8906.msg1734570#msg1734570 date=1286823180]
    I think he actually wanted to say something, but there is a loophole that could make it to where they can ask for another sentencing... I am going to try and look that up later.
    [/quote]
    Yeah. That's what the article said.

I'm just saying, I myself don't think I'd want to give them the satisfaction of seeing my agony.  Now if I could bring a baseball bat and give them a summary of my thoughts, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=8906.msg1734573#msg1734573 date=1286823366]
    Yeah. That's what the article said.

I'm just saying, I myself don't think I'd want to give them the satisfaction of seeing my agony.  Now if I could bring a baseball bat and give them a summary of my thoughts, sure.
    [/quote]

Exactly this. I would NOT want to let them see open up wounds that they caused. Can they write out the victim impact statement and give it to the judge?
    Not in this case, though...I would hate for something like that to work in their favor.

Sometimes victim impact statements are written and given to the judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Dr. Petit testified against the second murderer..

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/20/justic...html?hpt=ju_c2

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Has anyone been able to find a link for his interview with.. I think it was Oprah? Maybe it was Dr. Phil, but I think it was Oprah.

I watched the interview with Oprah awhile back. It was sad. Ill see if I can find it. Poor guy, just listening to him talk made me wanna bawl.

He let out this unearthly scream... I couldn't take the screaming': Jury hears chilling tape of accused murderer describing attack on Dr Petit

A recorded confession from an accused murderer gave jurors today a chilling account of how a home invasion ended in rape, arson and the brutal killing of a Connecticut woman and her two young daughters.

A 2007 audio recording released publicly for the first time reveals Joshua Komisarjevsky's horrifying confession.

The 31-year-old - recounting his alleged role in the murders of Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, and her two daughters, Hayley, 17, and Michaela, 11 - graphically recalled beating father William Petit with a baseball bat before his family was killed.

'He let out this, this unearthly scream. He was bleeding profusely... I couldn't take the screaming,' Komisarjevsky said.

The evidence was presented by prosecutors in the trial of Komisarjevsky, who faces a possible death sentence if convicted in the home invasion that led to the triple murder.

Pieces of the transcript had been released in the aftermath of the conviction of Komisarjevsky's alleged accomplice, Steven Hayes, sentenced to death last year for strangling Jennifer Hawke-Petit and killing her two daughters at the family home in Cheshire on the night of July 23, 2007.

This is the first time the public has been allowed to hear Komisarjevsky's voice as he issued the reported confession.

Komisarjevsky admits to beating Mrs Hawke-Petit's husband with a bat and molesting his younger daughter after cutting off her clothes with scissors, but blames Hayes for the three killings.

Recounting the horrific events, Komisarjevsky described the crime as a 'home invading gone terribly wrong' and insists he never intended to kill the family. Komisarjevsky said he first spotted Mrs Hawke-Petit and one of her daughters leaving a grocery store.

He describes how he and Hayes later gained entry to the Petit home through an unlocked basement door and found Dr Petit - the only person to survive the attack - sleeping in the sunroom. Komisarjevsky said he stood over Mr Petit's body for 15 to 20 minutes for beating him with a bat, encouraged by Hayes.

He said Dr Petit let out 'this unearthly scream' and looked confused when hit with a bat.

'I was standing behind him with this bat and not wanting to hit him,' Komisarjevsky said in the confession.

'I hit him in the head with the baseball bat. He let out this, this unearthly scream.

'I couldn't take his screaming. I had never hit anybody with anything,' he went on.

He laughs at a few points, such as when he’s describing Hayes going out to get gas and struggling to find a gas station.

Komisarjevsky describes walking upstairs, where he 'gently shook' Mrs Hawke-Petit and her younger daughter, Michaela. Michaela and Hayley were restrained to their beds, and pillows put over their faces so they could not identify their attackers.

The two men tied up Mr Petit in the basement; Mrs Hawke-Petit was brought downstairs to make some phone calls and later taken to a bank to withdraw cash.

Komisarjevsky said he noticed Michaela was 'stressed out' after being separated from her mother in the home, and attempted to make himself appear concerned for the girl's comfort during the attack. 'I untied her hands and um, uh I asked if she wanted something to drink,' he said.

Despite his claims, Komisarjevsky confessed to police he molested Michaela.

The Petit home was doused in gas and set on fire after the girls were tied to their beds. Dr Petit was tied up as well, but managed to escape to a neighbour's house to get help.

Hayes, Komisarjevsky claims, came up with the idea of killing the family because he was worried the pair would leave behind DNA evidence. He says Hayes doused the house in gasoline and lit the match that engulfed the home in flames, which caused the girls' smoke inhalation deaths.

Hayley Petit's body was found at the top of the staircase. Her sister's body was found still in her bed.

Earlier in the day, jurors saw photos of rope and pantyhose used to tie up the the two girls, as well as their charred beds and the containers that held the gasoline used to fuel the fire.

Prosecutors also showed photos of the girl's cut bra and scissors found in her room and photos of a man getting gas at a local station in the Petits' car that they say was Hayes.

A dog trained to detect gas found spots believed to be accelerants on the floor of the girls' bedrooms, in the hallway and on a staircase, Connecticut State Police Sgt Karen Gabianelli said.

Jurors also were shown photos of melted plastic containers that held the gas and the victims' charred clothes. They also saw knit hats with holes cut in them recovered at the scene authorities say the men wore.

Michaela's clothes had bleach stains, Gabianelli said. Hayes' attorney said during his trial that Komisarjevsky had poured bleach on her clothes to try to eliminate his DNA.

Authorities seized Michaela's purple cellphone from Komisarjevsky after he was arrested, Gabianelli said.

Komisarjevsky's attorneys brought up a photo of the basement where Petit was tied up to ask about a towel, pillows and a blanket that Komisarjevsky said he placed to make Petit more comfortable and to stop his bleeding. Gabianelli confirmed there were pillows and a blanket.

Dr Petit sat in the courtroom with his head dropped as the tape played detailing the abuse suffered by his younger daughter.

Judge Jon C Blue had to cut short the recording after one female juror broke down in tears.

Judge Blue said: 'I understand one of the jurors is having a tough time.'

'This would be a good time to stop.'

As the tape played, Dr Petit sat hunched in the front row staring at the floor, and his sister put her arm around him.

At one point, Dr Petit and several of his family members left the courtroom, some of them in tears, as Dr Malka Shah told how 17-year-old Hayley would have experienced 'significant pain from breathing in smoke and soot before she died' from a fire set by a pair of robbers, and likely felt disorientation, nausea and an inability to breathe shortly before her death.

Dr Petit, who sat in the front row throughout Hayes' trial and sentencing, has been a fixture at Komisarjevsky's trial.

Dr Shah testified that it could have taken from 'a few to several minutes' for Hayley to die after she started to breath in the searingly hot toxic air and said that the cause of death for Hayley was 'asphyxia due to smoke inhalation'.

She also said she found burned remnants of rope tied around Hayley's right wrist and ankles and soot in her nose and mouth. The remains of her clothing smelled of gas.

The 17-year-old had burns all over her body, but Dr Shah said she could not determine whether the burns occurred before or after Hayley's death.

Under questioning by prosecutor Michael Dearington, Dr Shah said the rope on Hayley's wrist was tightly tied in a square knot.

The evidence suggests Hayley, who died face-down in the hallway, was able to free herself from the bed by breaking the rope ties.

It was also revealed that Komisarjevsky admitted he had taken cellphone pictures of Dr Petit's younger, reportedly showing the girl tied to her bed.

Hayes and Komisarjevsky have tried to blame each other for escalating the crime, but prosecutors say both men are responsible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Dr-Petit.html

here's another article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...described.html

I am not generally a supporter of the death penalty, but if someone wanted to give the good Dr. a baseball bat and a box of matches and unrestricted access to these two... I wouldn't have a problems with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

So sick. They are going for the death penalty with him too though, right?

So Hayley was able to break free and only made it to the hallway? So sad, I wish she could've pushed through a little longer, but I guess the fire was just too much....I would've probably tried jumping through a window or something, rather die that way than suffer in a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I am pretty sure she got as far as she could. Jumping out of a window isn't really a complete option if you're on the second story of a house. I am also sure she was fighting the smoke and fire while she was trying to break free from the bed.

Hopefully she was going after her sister.

It's possible, although it doesn't sound like she got very far after breaking free. It sounds like she just got out of her bedroom.

'I have a jagged hole in my heart': Father of Connecticut home invasion family speaks after 'sociopathic lair' found guilty of rape and murder

The father whose wife and two daughters were sexually assaulted and murdered in a brutal home invasion spoke today after one of their killers was found guilty.

In a defiant speech outside the Connecticut court room, Dr William Petit 'I thought from the beginning that he was a lying sociopathic personality and probably at this moment he doesn't think he is guilty of anything,' he told reporters outside the courthouse.

Dr. Petit said that after fours years of harrowing testimony he was left with a 'jagged hole in his heart' but was grateful for the support he had received from across the world.

He added the verdict was 'a relief.'

Joshua Komisarjevsky, whose accomplice is already on Connecticut's death row, stood and faced the jury as they declared him guilty of all 17 charges he faced, including capital felony killing, kidnapping and sexual assault.

Komisarjevsky was convicted of killing Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, and her two daughters Hayley, 17, and and Michaela, 11, during a gruesome 2007 home invasion in which family members were tied up, molested, doused in gas and left to die in a fire.

After the verdict was read he sat back in his chair, rocked slightly back and forth and glanced briefly at the jury.

The only survivor of the attack, Dr. Petit, bit his lip at times and closed his eyes as the verdict was read.

Hayley and Michaela died on July 23, 2007, tied to their beds in a suburban Connecticut house splashed with gasoline. Their mother, Jennifer Hawke-Petit, was raped and strangled before the house was set ablaze.

Komisarjevsky's accomplice, Steven Hayes, was found guilty of similar charges last year and sentenced to death.

The jury in the Hayes case deliberated five hours over two days before convicting him.

The Komisarjevsky jury, in New Haven Superior Court before Judge Jon Blue, began deliberations at midday on Wednesday after three weeks of graphic testimony.

Komisarjevsky and Hayes broke into the Petit home early on July 23, 2007 after Komisarjevsky spotted Michaela Petit in a grocery store and made her his target.

Later that morning, Hawke-Petit drove to a bank, where she told a teller her family was being held hostage and she needed $15,000 to pay off the captors.

A bank manager called police but when authorities arrived at the Petit home, it was engulfed in flames. The police have been criticized as being slow to respond.

The only survivor, Dr. William Petit, was badly beaten and bound but managed to escape as the house was set on fire.

In the burning house were his daughters, who died of smoke inhalation, and the body of his wife, who had been raped and strangled. The younger girl had been sexually assaulted.

Hayley Petit's body was found at the top of the staircase. Her sister's body was found still in her bed.

The penalty phase, which is set for October 24, will conclude the second and final trial in a case that unsettled suburb dwellers across the country and bolstered efforts to retain the death penalty in Connecticut.

During more than two weeks of testimony, prosecutors played an audiotaped confession in which Komisarjevsky spoke matter-of-factly and laughed occasionally.

He admitted beating Petit and molesting his younger daughter and taking photos of her, but insisted Hayes wanted to kill the family because he was worried about his DNA at the scene.

Prosecutor Gary Nicholson said in his closing argument that Komisarjevsky was motivated not just by money but by his interest in Michaela. He was charged with sexually assaulting her.

'Michaela Petit, he was interested in her from the moment he saw her,' Nicholson said.

Komisarjevsky, 31, said Hayes poured the gas and lit the fire, but test results showed he had gas on his clothes. They also showed the girl he molested had bleach on her clothes, undermining his claim that only Hayes was worried about DNA.

Recounting the horrific events, Komisarjevsky described the crime as a 'home invading gone terribly wrong' and insists he never intended to kill the family.'

Komisarjevsky said he first spotted Mrs Hawke-Petit and one of her daughters leaving a grocery store.

In an earlier court recording he described how he and Hayes later gained entry to the Petit home through an unlocked basement door and found Dr Petit - the only person to survive the attack - sleeping in the sunroom.

Komisarjevsky said he stood over Mr Petit's body for 15 to 20 minutes for beating him with a bat, encouraged by Hayes.

He went on to admit to molesting his younger daughter after cutting off her clothes with scissors, but blames Hayes for the three killings.

Pieces of the transcript had previously been released in the aftermath of the conviction of Komisarjevsky's alleged accomplice, Steven Hayes, sentenced to death last year for strangling Jennifer Hawke-Petit and killing her two daughters at the family home in Cheshire on the night of July 23, 2007.

He said Dr Petit let out 'this unearthly scream' and looked confused when hit with a bat.

'I was standing behind him with this bat and not wanting to hit him,' Komisarjevsky said in the confession.

'I hit him in the head with the baseball bat. He let out this, this unearthly scream.

'I couldn't take his screaming. I had never hit anybody with anything,' he went on.

He laughs at a few points, such as when he’s describing Hayes going out to get gas and struggling to find a gas station.

Komisarjevsky describes walking upstairs, where he 'gently shook' Mrs Hawke-Petit and her younger daughter, Michaela. Michaela and Hayley were restrained to their beds, and pillows put over their faces so they could not identify their attackers.

The two men tied up Mr Petit in the basement; Mrs Hawke-Petit was brought downstairs to make some phone calls and later taken to a bank to withdraw cash.

Komisarjevsky said he noticed Michaela was 'stressed out' after being separated from her mother in the home, and attempted to make himself appear concerned for the girl's comfort during the attack. 'I untied her hands and um, uh I asked if she wanted something to drink,' he said.

Despite his claims, Komisarjevsky confessed to police he molested Michaela.

The Petit home was doused in gas and set on fire after the girls were tied to their beds. Dr Petit was tied up as well, but managed to escape to a neighbour's house to get help.

Hayes, Komisarjevsky claims, came up with the idea of killing the family because he was worried the pair would leave behind DNA evidence. He says Hayes doused the house in gasoline and lit the match that engulfed the home in flames, which caused the girls' smoke inhalation deaths.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ty-counts.html

Ten days till sentencing.

They both said they were there. Fry them quick.

It's pretty simple, eye for an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    It's pretty simple, eye for an eye.
    If only.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Komisarjevsky has a young daughter, no? I can't imagine a parent could do these things to another person's child.

If he does have a daughter I feel terrible for her, what a nightmare to know you share blood with this person.

The boasts of a killer: Connecticut home invasion triple murderer brags about killing SEVENTEEN others and raping dozens in sickening prison letters
    Steven Hayes described two of the attacks in chilling detail, including how he made 16-hour video of him torturing and killing one woman
    Wrote that he would have killed his accomplice Joshua Komisarjevsky if he had got away because he was 'evil' but not 'committed' enough
    Letters written to a female companion named 'Lynn' in South Carolina
    Hayes and Komisarjevsky were both found guilty of the 2007 killing Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her two daughters
    Komisarjevsky is due to be sentenced on Tuesday

A Connecticut man convicted of killing a mother and her two daughters in a deadly home invasion bragged about how he killed 17 others and raped dozens of women in leaked letters revealed today.

Steven Hayes described in chilling detail how in two of the attacks he had tied up, tortured and killed women – and even made a 16-hour video of him murdering one of his victims.

The 48-year-old serial killer, who is on death row for his role in the 2007 home invasion, boasted to a female companion about how he had collected the sneakers of all of his victims as trophies, but said 'the 17 kill trophies' meant the most to him.

Hayes was last year convicted of raping and strangling Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, before tying her daughters, Hayley, 17 and Michaela, 11, to their beds and setting the house on fire. He is currently appealing the conviction.

Earlier this month, his accomplice was Joshua Komisarjevsky, was also convicted for his role in the killings and is due to be sentenced on Tuesday.

In the four letters, which were written in August and September, Hayes wrote that he would have killed Komisarjevsky if he had not been jailed because while he had the same 'capacity for evil', he was not committed enough.

Hayes told a female in North Carolina, only identified as 'Lynn', that he wanted to share his 'dark secret' as 'someone else really should know the truth about' him.

'Yes, I've killed before,' Hayes wrote in the letters which were obtained by the New Haven Register.

'I have 17 kills throughout the Northeast United States. Perfect victims and well executed, controlled endeavors.'

In the 17 pages of handwritten letters, which were confiscated by prison authorities, Hayes gleefully recounted the rape and murder of his first victim in 1982 and his eighth.

He wrote that all of his victims were aged between 14 and 25.

The New Haven Register, which has not detailed how it acquired the letters, reported that the letters read 'like a twisted pornographic fantasy'.

Hayes wrote that he spotted his first victim, a girl who was hitchhiking, as he was driving home from a bar. He described her as 'short, hot and the perfect victim'.

'Like any great hunter, timing is critical,' he wrote about how he chose his victims.

Hayes told how he picked up the girl and drove her to a secluded location where he tied her up and threw her in the trunk before taking her to a cheap motel, which he said became his 'location of choice' for his attacks.

According to the newspaper, he described in detail how he sexually assaulted the woman and then pinched her nose and suffocated her.

'A monster was born,' he wrote.

'This carried on with my top 17 sexual conquests and kills,' he wrote according to the Register. 'The trophies, the signature kill, the thrill of the hunt and the disposal of my adventure buddies.'

Hayes said that he picked up his eighth victim, who he found drunk walking along a road, and told her he would take her back to his house to smoke crack cocaine and drink beer.

He claimed that he tied her to his bed for an entire weekend and tortured her before killing her.

'The more pain and emotional abuse she went through, the better I liked it,' he said. 'And believe me, I was in heaven.'

Hayes claimed that he recorded the assault and killing on a 16-hour video, which he described as 'by far the best snuff film ever created'.

He said that he kept hold of the tape for six months before it 'found a home' in Portland, Oregon.

Komisarjevsky, who could also face the death penalty for his part in the attacks, was described as being a disappointment to Hayes in the letters.

'I've searched my whole life for someone who could embrace and had the capacity for evil as I possess,' Hayes wrote, according to the Register. 'I thought I finally found it in Josh.'

'But events show Josh, while [he] had the proper evil intent, lacked in the most serious aspects, commitment and control,' he added.

State Attorney Michael Dearington and an FBI spokesman have declined to say whether Hayes' purported crimes are being investigated or whether authorities are aware of 17 unsolved homicides matching details in his letters.

Hayes asked the recipient to hold on to the details of the letters until after his execution because the information 'could be worth millions to the right people.'

Hayes' attorney, Thomas Ullman, declined to comment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-prison.html

That's why I like the death penalty. Keeps them from fantasizing daily about the shit they've done.

That is disgusting, and I hope that they can somehow make those letters unavailable to the public.

Sounds like someone's trying to evade execution by coming up with a bunch of crimes for the police to track down so he can be tried in other states.

It's possible, this guy is obviously disturbed and completely unremorseful. What a dick.

Thread Information