Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctors' family (Petit) held hostage, robbed, slaughtered.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

Re: Doctors family held hostage, robbed, slaughtered.

See, in cases like these I don't believe in Due Process.  Caught red handed = guilty.  No need for a trial by jury, just a sturdy rope or a few extra bullets.  What happened to this family is beyond reprehensible.  These assholes don't even have a soul, and should not be permitted another breath. Fuck them both.

RIP Petit ladies.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I suffer to say I bet the old fool dies and does not meet the human deliverance.  :-(

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/15/connecticut.murder.trial/index.html

New Haven, Connecticut (CNN) -- One of the men accused of killing the wife and children of a Connecticut doctor in a 2007 home invasion told police, "Things just got out of control," his arresting officer testified Wednesday.

Detective Joseph Vitello said Steven Hayes was arrested fleeing from the burning home of Dr. William Petit, whose wife and two daughters were found dead inside shortly afterward.

Jurors were visibly stunned when shown pictures of the victims' burned remains Wednesday, with at least one weeping in court.

Vitello said Hayes and co-defendant Joshua Komisarjevsky were trying to escape in the Petits' car when they collided with two police cars and were forced to a stop. He said he cuffed Hayes, took away a pellet gun built to resemble a 9 mm pistol and asked Hayes what happened to the Petit family.

Hayes responded, "I don't know. ... Things just got out of control," Vitello testified.

Hayes and Komisarjevsky are charged with capital murder, kidnapping, sexual assault, burglary and arson in the July 2007 killings of Jennifer Hawke-Petit, Hayley Petit and Michaela Petit. Hawke-Petit, 48, was strangled, while 17-year-old Hayley and 11-year-old Michaela died of smoke inhalation when their captors set their Cheshire, Connecticut, home ablaze.

Police arrived just as Hayes and Komisarjevsky, who is still awaiting trial, were attempting to flee in the Petit family's Chrysler Pacifica, according to testimony on Tuesday. Officers had been called after Hawke-Petit went to her bank and asked a teller to withdraw $15,000.

The teller, who testified Monday, said she notified her manager after Hawke-Petit said she needed to the money "because she and her family were being held hostage at her house."

Petit testified Tuesday, calmly recounting how he was beaten, tied up by his captors and left in his basement while fearing for the well-being of his family. He said he managed to undo the ropes and plastic ties that bound his hands, but could not undo his feet -- leaving him able only to hop and roll to his neighbor's garage.

Petit said that for the most part "it was very quiet" while he was trapped in the basement, but at one point he heard "three loud noises, like someone was throwing 20- or 30-pound sacks on the living room floor." Police arrived moments after he reached his neighbor's house, he said.
    The trial has been going on all week... thank you Gothy for finding the article!! 

You're welcome.

I wish they would air this trial on tv.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=8906.msg1716029#msg1716029 date=1284656232]
    You're welcome.

I wish they would air this trial on tv.
    [/quote]

Me too. Hearing about the Doctor's testimony made me cry. He was so strong up there on the stand. 

I am actually pissed that In Session isn't doing this trial. One has to assume it is a closed trial though, all I have seen is sketches, not even pics of the courtroom. :|

I am so sad for the doctor.  :-( To lose your whole family in such a violent matter...so sad.

And "things got out of hand"??? Um no fuck face, you guys killed and tortured a whole family...he makes it sound like they didn't mean to. Lord. Their sentence better be GOOD. Life in prison sounds good to me!

[quote author=stephanierenee63 link=topic=8906.msg1716094#msg1716094 date=1284659799]
    I am so sad for the doctor.  :-( To lose your whole family in such a violent matter...so sad.

And "things got out of hand"??? Um no fuck face, you guys killed and tortured a whole family...he makes it sound like they didn't mean to. Lord. Their sentence better be GOOD. Life in prison sounds good to me!
    [/quote]

This is one of the rare cases where I think the death penalty fits.

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=8906.msg1716140#msg1716140 date=1284663096]
    This is one of the rare cases where I think the death penalty fits.
    [/quote]

I would totally be for that as well.

From fb of JVM:

Stunning new testimony in the trial of a man accused of raping, murdering and setting fire to a prominent family’s home. Jurors were so horrified, so sickened, they needed to go home early. Will this heartbroken father -- the sole survivor -- get justice in the tragic deaths of his wife and two daughters?

Olivia

There's an interesting video clip about the trial here - http://player.video.news.com.au/news/#JAY_j1MNMJZxz0Lwb_JVE55Hw6hFKQYX

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=8906.msg1716218#msg1716218 date=1284668169]
    From fb of JVM:

Stunning new testimony in the trial of a man accused of raping, murdering and setting fire to a prominent family’s home. Jurors were so horrified, so sickened, they needed to go home early. Will this heartbroken father -- the sole survivor -- get justice in the tragic deaths of his wife and two daughters?

[/quote]

Oh, yes, he'll get justice.  I can't wait until these pieces of shit take the stand to plead for their lives. 

Always stuck in the past dementedeeyore's Avatar

I just watched the surveillance video at CNN.com and I can just SEE the desperation in her eyes. It's unbelievable, what they had to endure. I saw this story when it was in People magazine and I will always remember the fear it made me feel for them.  I can't wait to see some justice in this case.

There was just someone on In Sessions talking about the poor police response in this case and how at least the youngest girl and maybe others could have been saved had they not wasted time doing unnecessary stuff. Of course there's no way of knowing if that's true, but that poor little girl tied to her bed watching her room fill with smoke sure would have loved to see them, I imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I sure hope these guys get the death penalty. This entire thing makes me sick to my stomach.

It definitely seems like a slow response.  The pictures showing the fire damage to the house aren't as bad as I'd have expected, it wasn't a raging inferno.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=8906.msg1724242#msg1724242 date=1285685283]
    I sure hope these guys get the death penalty. This entire thing makes me sick to my stomach.
    [/quote]

I'm not a huge fan of the DP, mostly because of the WM3 case.  But this crime is just so heinous that I think it's one of the rare instances that I believe it is the only fit punishment.

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=8906.msg1724424#msg1724424 date=1285703055]
    I'm not a huge fan of the DP, mostly because of the WM3 case.  But this crime is just so heinous that I think it's one of the rare instances that I believe it is the only fit punishment.
    [/quote]

Oh, I can understand that. No way in hell was there enough evidence in that case for DP, though.

The evil bastard were running out of the house when the police got there. Even though three of the victims are deceased, Dr. Petit is still alive to identify them.

It took me a second on the DP thing.  :oops: My first thought was Detroit Police.

Senior Member DarknessDestitute's Avatar

[Corrections Officer Overheard Defendant in Petit Trial Admit to Murder:  http://abcnews.go.com/US/TheLaw/peti...142&page=1

Hayes and co-defendant Joshua Komisarjevsky were trying to escape in the Petits' car when they collided with two police cars and were forced to a stop.
    Ha-ha </Nelson>

This case is super shitty all around. I hope justice is served for the victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Always stuck in the past dementedeeyore's Avatar

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=8906.msg1724448#msg1724448 date=1285706355]

Oh, I can understand that. No way in hell was there enough evidence in that case for DP, though.

The evil bastard were running out of the house when the police got there. Even though three of the victims are deceased, Dr. Petit is still alive to identify them.

It took me a second on the DP thing.  :oops: My first thought was Detroit Police.
    [/quote]
    Well, that's because you're a good little girl. DP took me a whole different direction. 

I am sickened every time I think of this story. What happened to that family was torture, and the bastards deserve the maximum punishment the legal system can offer. I don't think that's gonna be a problem.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=8906.msg1724334#msg1724334 date=1285695282]
    It definitely seems like a slow response.  The pictures showing the fire damage to the house aren't as bad as I'd have expected, it wasn't a raging inferno.
    [/quote]

The guy I heard on TV said they spent a half hour 'setting up a perimeter.' He said it's not waco, it's two guys in a house terrorizing a family. They wasted too much time.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=DarknessDestitute link=topic=8906.msg1724492#msg1724492 date=1285712594]
    [Corrections Officer Overheard Defendant in Petit Trial Admit to Murder:  http://abcnews.go.com/US/TheLaw/peti...142&page=1
    [/quote]

Sounds to me like they had their fun and they're still fantasizing about it.  That's one of the reasons I don't support allowing murderers to spend the rest of their days alive and well in prison.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/28/connecticut.murder.trial/index.html

(CNN) -- Testimony in the trial of Steven Hayes, the man accused of killing three members of a Connecticut family in a 2007 home invasion, ended Tuesday.

Hayes, 47, who has entered a plea of not guilty, is currently on trial in New Haven, Connecticut, for the murders of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her two daughters.

Closing arguments in the case are set to start Friday.

The killings took place in the New Haven suburb of Cheshire in the early hours of July 23, 2007. The home of Dr. William Petit, his wife Jennifer Hawke-Petit and two daughters was invaded in the middle of the night by Hayes and co-defendant Joshua Komisarjevsky, prosecutors say. Komisarjevsky will be tried separately.

Chilling case of Petit family murders Tuesday, a trial witnesses -- a Connecticut prison officer -- testified he overheard Hayes confess to another inmate that he killed Hawke-Petit. Hayes also reportedly wondered out loud whether Petit might have been in cahoots with his co-defendant, Komisarjevsky, because Petit had been able to escape.

Hayes said he had tied the father in the basement of the home himself, and that he doubted he could have gotten loose without help from Komisarjevsky, the witness -- Jeremiah Krob -- testified Hayes said.

Outside the courthouse, Petit told reporters: "I really can't dignify that insinuation with a response. I think the evidence put on by the prosecution speaks for itself."

Connecticut State Police Det. Anthony Buglione, who interviewed Hayes following the incident, has testified the duo beat Petit bloody and left him in the basement.

The two men then went upstairs and found Hawke-Petit and 11-year old Michaela Petit asleep in the master bedroom.

After tying Hawke-Petit to her bed, they led the girl to her room, tied her to her bed and put a pillowcase over her head, Hayes told Buglione.

They then found 17-year old Hayley Petit in her room and did the same, he said.

After finding a Bank of America account that contained $20,000 to $30,000, they decided to have the mother go to the bank in the morning and withdraw money from her account, Buglione testified.

Hayes is accused of taking Hawke-Petit to the bank while Komisarjevsky allegedly stayed behind. When Hayes and Hawke-Petit returned with the money, the two men allegedly set the home on fire and fled.

Inside the home, authorities said, Hawke-Petit, 48, was found raped and strangled. Her two daughters, one of whom had been sexually assaulted, had died of smoke inhalation.

Petit was the sole survivor. He managed to escape and go to a neighbor's home.

Hayes is charged with capital murder, kidnapping, sexual assault, burglary and arson. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

Public defender Thomas Ullmann conceded in the defense's opening statement that Hayes killed Hawke-Petit. But otherwise, he said, much of what happened is unclear.

"No one was supposed to be hurt," he said. "What is known is that Steven Hayes kills and assaults Mrs. Petit. ... We concede much, but not all."

In a police interview, Hayes said that his life "sucked and that he had no money, no car, and not enough to eat."
    Dude, I am broke and hungry all the damned time, you don't go raping and pillaging! :x

I swear both these fucks need an eye for an eye.

[quote author=g r ee n ey e s link=topic=8906.msg1726745#msg1726745 date=1285951615]
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/28/connecticut.murder.trial/index.html

Dude, I am broke and hungry all the damned time, you don't go raping and pillaging! :x

I swear both these fucks need an eye for an eye.
    [/quote]

You're not a sadist trying to cover your ass with a lame excuse.  That link is evidence of why this story doesn't get a large amount of coverage, they mention "one" of the girls was sexually assaulted when everyone knows which one it was.   The details are too scary for the mainstream to print.  This case shouldn't be sugar coated.

Thread Information