Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Doctors' family (Petit) held hostage, robbed, slaughtered.

So it's the cops' fault these guys were raping murdering assholes? Fuck that shit.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    http://www.people.com/people/article...722565,00.html

Dr. William Petit Jr., whose wife and two daughters were murdered in 2007, is expecting a child with his new wife, Christine.

"Christine is 22 weeks along and is due the first week of December," their spokesman, Rick Healey, said Thursday.

"I'm very excited," an emotional Dr. Petit told Connecticut TV station WFSB. "Children are always your jewels."

The doctor and Christine, 36, a professional photographer, became close when she volunteered photographing events for the Petit Family Foundation, the charity he started after his family's deaths.

The couple were engaged in 2011, with the blessing of his late wife's family, and married in 2012.

--
    I'm so freaking happy for him. Bawww. (Although I'm not sure how his wife is 22 weeks along and due in December as I am 22 weeks along and due before Thanksgiving.)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

'It never goes away': Husband who survived horror home invasion which killed his wife and daughters reveals how he's haunted by fear he can't protect his new family
    Dr. William Petit lost his first family in 2007 when two men broke into his Connecticut home and eventually killed everyone but him
    Petit now has a new family and in a rare interview recently revealed the inner anguish he says will never fully recede
    The 58-year-old has nearly ran for Congress this year and runs a charity in memory of his slain wife and daughters

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3Ei2yJJ25
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That poor man. I'm happy he's been able to somewhat move on. I know I probably would not be able to if I lost everyone I loved the way he did.

That kiddo is adorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    That's what I thought too. Why in the hell would this new "evidence " help him out at all? Unless his lawyers new strategy was to throw the police department under the bus and somehow blame them for the murders. I don't see that one working.
    The only person this news would have 'assisted' in any way is the surviving father, who could use it to sue the police.

You don't get to say that it's everyone else's fault that you raped and murdered three people because the police never got a chance to ask what kind of tacos you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    That poor man. I'm happy he's been able to somewhat move on. I know I probably would not be able to if I lost everyone I loved the way he did.

That kiddo is adorable.
    I couldn't either. This guy is definitely a strong person, I really feel sorry for him.

The only person this news would have 'assisted' in any way is the surviving father, who could use it to sue the police.

You don't get to say that it's everyone else's fault that you raped and murdered three people because the police never got a chance to ask what kind of tacos you wanted.
    I support the death penalty in some cases, this being one of them.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

No death penalty for these two beasts after Connecticut Supreme Court ruling: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ruling-n409511
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    No death penalty for these two beasts after Connecticut Supreme Court ruling: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ruling-n409511
    As long as they don't get out Im okay with this.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I think it sucks. These guys killed because they enjoyed it. If there are 2 people in the world that deserved the death penalty it's these guys. I ride the fence on the DP, but not this one.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I think it sucks. These guys killed because they enjoyed it. If there are 2 people in the world that deserved the death penalty it's these guys. I ride the fence on the DP, but not this one.
    I agree ... I was upset 're this decision ....those two were beasts, savages and deserved their sentence. There was no doubt as to their guilt and the circumstances were horrific. I believe Mr. Petit was previously anti death penalty but the slaughter of his family. I can't imagine how he sat thru the testimony as stoically as he did.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    Eh, a quiet, fairly quick death is too good for these assholes. I'd rather they sit in solitary confinement for the rest of their miserable lives. For me, that would be worse than death. Or stick them in the general population. I am sure there are a few dudes in there that would like a shot at them.

I do think they deserve the DP, but me getting angry about the decision is not going to change anything.

I do think they deserve the DP, but me getting angry about the decision is not going to change anything.
    Oh man. Death by DP would be horrific

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Oh man. Death by DP would be horrific
    You know I meant death penalty!

You know I meant death penalty!
    Yes, I did. Death by lethal double penetration.

Yes, I did. Death by lethal beef injection.
    fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Yes, I did. Death by lethal double penetration.
    I thought you meant donkey punch.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I thought you meant donkey punch.
    I didn't, but death by donkey punch is so much better

Dr. Petit has a new book coming out. Some details were released that I didn't know.

Graphic and heartbreaking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ocial-facebook

This story always made me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

NEW HAVEN >> Superior Court Judge Jon C. Blue scolded Steven Hayes for “the depravity of your character” Wednesday as he vacated the death sentence originally imposed in the Cheshire triple-homicide and resentenced him to six consecutive life terms in prison with no chance of parole.

Hayes was convicted in 2010; co-defendant Joshua Komisarjevsky was convicted in 2011. A Superior Court jury in New Haven convicted Hayes on many counts, including murder, first-degree kidnapping and first-degree sexual assault.

Komisarjevsky also was found guilty of murder and numerous other counts in the deaths of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her daughters, Michaela, 11, and Hayley, 17. Both men received death sentences but the state Supreme Court last year ruled the death penalty isunconstitutional.

Komisarjevsky is scheduled to receive a sentence similar to that of Hayes next month.

Hayes and Komisarjevsky broke into the Petit house at about 3 a.m. July 23, 2007, and beat Dr. William Petit Jr. on the head with a baseball bat as he was lying on a couch in the sunroom downstairs. They tied him up in the basement. Then the perpetrators tied the girls and their mother to beds upstairs.

Later that morning, Hayes forced Hawke-Petit to drive with him to her bank and withdraw $15,000. Shortly after they returned to the house, Hayes raped and strangled her and one of the two perpetrators applied a match to gasoline that had been spread throughout the home. The girls died upstairs in the fire.

Petit was able to escape from the basement and crawl out of the house to seek help from a neighbor minutes before the fire erupted. Hayes and Komisarjevsky crashed the Petit vehicle into a police barricade nearby as they fled and were apprehended.

Petit, who testified during both trials and spoke at length and with great emotion about his family during the sentencings, was not in the courtroom Wednesday.

Senior Assistant State’s Attorney Gary Nicholson, who prosecuted both defendants during their trials alongside State’s Attorney Michael Dearington (who recently retired), explained Petit’s decision not to appear.

“I spoke to Dr. Petit about a week ago,” Nicholson told Blue. “He said he did not wish to take the opportunity as a victim to appear in court and make a statement. He said none of his other family members would be here. They’ve already said what they cared to say.”

Nicholson said he, too, had already said what he needed to say during the trials and sentencings. But he added that for “this horrendous crime, we ask for consecutive sentences, for the maximum sentence.”

Hayes, who now has a long beard and was wearing a yarmulke because of his religious conversion in prison, nodded and smiled at the reporters in the courtroom who covered his trial. He is much thinner than he was when he committed his crimes.

When Blue gave Hayes a chance to speak, he declined to do so. His attorney, New Haven Public Defender Thomas Ullmann, who defended Hayes during the trial, also refrained from making a statement.

Blue, who presided over both of the trials, told Hayes as he stood before him, “I think the jury verdict spoke eloquently and the Petit family spoke quite eloquently. With the gravity of these crimes and the depravity of your character, nothing more needs to be said.”

One by one, Blue handled each of the 16 original counts on which Hayes had been convicted. He began by vacating the three murder counts. He did this because a U.S. Supreme Court ruling specified this should be done with lesser included offenses of capital counts. Thus Blue also vacated the first-degree sexual assault count.

But Blue imposed sentences of life in prison without parole for murder with multiple victims, murder of a victim under 16, three counts of murder of a victim of a kidnapping and murder of a victim of sexual assault.

In addition, Blue imposed 25-year sentences for each of four first-degree kidnapping counts, five years for third-degree burglary and one year for second-degree assault.

Because Blue made all of the sentences consecutive rather than concurrent, he noted the total is six consecutive sentences of life without possibility of parole, “followed by 106 years.”

Immediately after court adjourned, a reporter asked Nicholson if he had imagined being back in court on such a procedure. “Not this quickly,” Nicholson replied. “It is what it is.”

Asked about Dearington’s decision not to come to the courtroom for the resentencing, Nicholson said, “He’s probably on a beach somewhere. I’m sure he’s enjoying his retirement.”

Also after court adjourned, Ullmann noted Hayes’ convictions are being appealed. Although Ullmann is not handling the appeal, he did note one of the grounds for it: on the second day of the trial, one of the jurors told Blue he didn’t like the way the prosecutors were presenting their case. The defense team wanted him to remain on the jury but Blue dismissed him.

A hearing was held recently in the case against Komisarjevsky, who claims that key withheld information about the Cheshire police response should be considered as his attorneys appeal his conviction. They are calling for a new trial.

The state Supreme Court also eventually will rule on whether Komisarjevsky deserves a new trial because of newly raised appeals issues, such as his original defense team not seeing all of the Cheshire police dispatch tapes from the day of the crime.

Ullmann called Hayes’ resentencing “a momentous and historic day.” He explained, “The first person who was sentenced to death is now sentenced to life without possibility of release.” Ten other men who have been on death row await resentencings.

Ullmann added, “It’s a relief for many of us lawyers who have worked on this for so long, to see the elimination of this barbaric punishment from our laws.”

Ullmann said he had “never lost faith” that this day would come. But he added, “I wasn’t sure that in my lifetime I’d see this happen.”

He noted, “Connecticut has joined the movement where our whole nation is getting to, ultimately to eliminate the death penalty across the country. We’re getting to the point where it’s close to being abolished totally.” Nineteen states have eliminated capital punishment.

Ullmann pointed out the only person put to death in Connecticut in recent decades was serial killer Michael Ross in 2005, because he “volunteered” to be killed; he dropped his appeals.

“So the state never achieved getting somebody executed against their will,” Ullmann said. “It was an incredibly failed criminal justice policy. The costs to the state were enormous. This money could have been used for victims and treatment programs.”

Ullmann, who joined a vigil of capital punishment opponents outside the prison when Ross was executed, said, “It’s such a relief to me not to ever have to attend (witness) an execution. We’ve moved forward in our criminal justice system.”

Ullmann declined to reveal what Hayes said to him after the resentencing. As for Hayes’ yarmulke, Ullmann said, “He’s been practicing the Jewish faith for quite some time. He sees a rabbi in prison. He’s pretty principled about that.”

Ullmann also addressed the question of Hayes’ mental state, especially given his suicide attempt during jury selection. “I’ve tried to talk him out of suicide. We’ve spent a lot of time doing that.”

And so is Hayes now on a better path? “I would say it fluctuates,” Ullmann replied. “Life on death row was not pleasant.”

During an interview with the New Haven Register in Northern Correctional Institution in September 2013, Hayes expressed remorse for what he had done. Facing the possibility of execution at that time, he said, “Death for me will be a welcome relief and I hope it will bring some peace and comfort to those who I have hurt so much.”
    http://www.nhregister.com/general-ne...erms-in-prison

Thanks for the update berm! (I was going to quote you & put the parts I'm addressing in bold, but I can do bold typeface on my phone)
    This case was one of the saddest ever. It was heartwarming to know he was able to move forward (and his late wife's family gave their blessing on his new bride. that's remarkable). The kid in the photo looks like a boy, which is neat in a way because Dr. Petit previously had only girls.
    As far as the appeals go- fuck them! They already cheated the death penalty. I hope the victims' loved ones don't have to go through any more court battles.
    Oh & Hayes has a long beard and wears a yarmulke now? Okay, whatever. My first thought when I read that was "Just like so many other convicts, HE FOUND JESUS!" but then I realized my error- lol!

A Connecticut doctor who survived a 2007 home invasion that took the lives of his family has declared victory in his race for a seat in the Connecticut state legislature.

Republican William Petit accepted the concession of 11-term Democrat state Rep. Betty Boukus in the district that includes Plainville and part of New Britain.

The family doctor said he ran for the legislature as a fiscal conservative, not a crime victim, and that he plans to work with both political parties to get the state out of a financial hole.

?The patient has a lot of symptoms right now and we need to approach these symptoms in a reasonable fashion and try not to kill the patient,? he said, apparently referring to the state.

Boukus, 73, who serves as House chair of the powerful bonding subcommittee, came to Petit?s headquarters to concede.

Petit, 60, became a national figure after surviving the attack in Cheshire in which his wife, Jennifer, and two daughters, 17-year-old Hayley and 11-year-old Michaela, were murdered.

The race got attention last month when a labor union?s political action committee ran an internet ad that tried to link Petit to Republican Donald Trump and ?attacks on women and families.?

Boukus says she was horrified by the ad, which led to the resignation of the union official who authorized it.

Republicans began to approach Petit about seeking public office several years ago after he testified against the eventual repeal of capital punishment in Connecticut and spoke out against the state Supreme Court decision that removed the death penalty for those already sentenced. The ruling removed the two men who killed his family from death row.

But Petit said he had no plans to try to revive Connecticut?s death penalty. He said he will act as a victim-rights advocate, but wants to focus on pushing for needed budget cuts.

?There?s many things that we want, but don?t necessarily need, and we?re at a point where we need to make hard choices,? he said.

Boukus said she has nothing bad to say about Petit. She said she didn?t mention him while campaigning, instead focusing on her own record and what she could do for her constituents.

?When you run for office, you accept it - running, losing,? she said. ?I have to get some stuff done that I started. I?ll clean up house, then find the next avenue of excitement.?
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/william-...te-house-race/

Thread Information