Thread: 16yr old lured with sex then bludgeoned w/ hammer & hatchet by his friends

16yr old lured with sex then bludgeoned w/ hammer & hatchet by his friends

http://www.northeasttimes.com/2005/0310/sweeney.html

The girl’s firsthand account of the killing left the crowded courtroom stunned at the brutality of the crime.
    "Eddie swung the hatchet and hit (Sweeney) in his head … in the right side of his head," Morley testified, sobbing, on March 1.
    "He took it over his head and swung it as hard as he could," the girl continued, motioning as if to grasp the handle of the murder weapon with two hands.
    That was her description of the first blow from Batzig, which took Sweeney to the ground. A series of chops from Batzig’s hatchet, whacks from Domenic Coia’s hammer and bashes from heavy rocks thrown by Nicholas Coia followed and finished the job, she said.

According to Deputy Medical Examiner Ian Hood, who took the stand on Monday, Sweeney suffered anywhere from 20 to 40 separate blows — all but one or two to the head and neck.
    The barrage shattered and bloodied the victim’s skull and disfigured his face beyond recognition. In fact, Hood said, the left cheekbone was the only one in Sweeney’s head not broken by the savage attack.
    A plan hatched days earlier by the three defendants evolved into the one calling for Morley to lure Sweeney to a remote, overgrown lot along the Delaware River that spring evening, she said.
    The location, near the 2400 block of Beach St., is familiarly known as "the trails" to neighborhood folks.
    The younger Coia, Batzig and Morley were often looking for money to buy drugs at the time, Morley claimed. Sometimes, the girl said, she used her own lunch money or stole from her family. Other times, she claimed, the boys came up with the dough for the drugs and coaxed her to have sex with them if she wanted any.
    Morley testified that she first met Sweeney on the Sunday before the killing when Nicholas Coia and Batzig suggested they get Sweeney to buy a $10 bag of weed for them. They figured Sweeney had money because he was working for his father’s construction company.
    Sweeney gave them the cash they needed, the girl said, but Nicholas Coia and Batzig allegedly were after a much bigger score. They claimed to know of a safe in the Sweeney home that contained a bunch of money and they were hell-bent on getting at it, Morley testified.
    Over the next several days, the girl said, she plotted with Batzig and the Coia brothers to kill Sweeney.
    The first plan was to do it at a "party" in the victim’s home that Thursday night, she said. Her job was to seduce the unsuspecting victim and lead him upstairs, where the boys would beat him.
    "I was going to act like I was going to have sex with him," Morley testified. "They were going to come up and kill him."
    But Sweeney didn’t go for the party because of work obligations, she explained. So, they agreed to kill him on Friday night at the trails, Morley said. Again, Morley was to be the bait.
    "Eddie was telling me he had a hatchet at his house and he was going to use it," Morley said. "Nick was going to use bricks. And Dom was going to use a hammer."
    According to the girl, the killing ultimately played out as planned. She met Sweeney. They bought a soda, smoked some pot and headed for the spot.
    As soon as both teens began undressing, Batzig and the Coias allegedly jumped out of some nearby woods. Moments later, Batzig was chopping away, said Morley, who stood back less than 10 feet.
    A stunned Sweeney attempted to flee, Morley testified, but Nicholas Coia smashed him with a rock and Domenic Coia jumped on top of the victim, who began writhing on his back, grasping at the earth, as the elder Coia punctured his skull with the hammer.
    On the witness stand, the often-reticent Morley reluctantly described what she saw.
    "Blood, a lot of blood," she said.
    When asked how long the beating seemed to take, she said, "Like, forever."
    According to the girl, Sweeney begged to his attackers before he lost consciousness, "Guys, no! Please stop!"
    Then he looked at Morley and said, "You set me up!"
    After the killing, the four allegedly emptied Sweeney’s pockets and, leaving the body at the scene, engaged in a "group hug," Morley said. They walked to a friend’s house, where they divvied up Sweeney’s $500 four ways and partied into the night.
    Crime Library:
    http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k...2/party_8.html

This is an old one (2003), but it always stuck in my mind since it happened right around the corner from where I live.
    That poor boy and his poor family.

I hope those bastards rot. 

RIP Jason.

Re: 16yr old lured with sex then bludgeoned w/ hammer & hatchet by his friends

That is some seriously fucked up shiat right there...

I read the crime library link too.  WTF is wrong with some people?  I honestly think they were fucked up beyond just drugs to be capable of that.  And the girl is the worst of the lot, in my opinion.

I do, on the other hand, really like the song Helter Skelter

Thread Information