Thread: Ashley Phelps (21) died after succumbing to serious head injuries

Ashley Phelps (21) died after succumbing to serious head injuries

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/07/20/Ashley_Phelps_(21)_died_after_succumbing_to_seriou s_head_injuries_she_suffered_as_a_passenger_on_an_ ATV

How do I live less then 15 minutes from Coventry and I didn't hear about this??  I must live under a rock or smoke way too much. 

The sisters blog is heartbreaking.  She follows Ashley's progress and a few days after the accident she was sitting up, eating and talking with family.  Then her brain swelled so much there was nothing they could do.
    Here's the link to the sister's blog:
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=249 96478 

RIP Ashley

Re: Ashley Phelps (21) died after succumbing to serious head injuries

That blog really is heartbreaking!  It's amazing how fast someone can go downhill and go from sitting up talking and eating to it all being over.

RIP Ashley

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Random_Girl link=topic=8868.msg467872#msg467872 date=1185043601]
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/07/20/Ashley_Phelps_(21)_died_after_succumbing_to_seriou s_head_injuries_she_suffered_as_a_passenger_on_an_ ATV

How do I live less then 15 minutes from Coventry and I didn't hear about this??  I must live under a rock or smoke way too much. 

The sisters blog is heartbreaking.  She follows Ashley's progress and a few days after the accident she was sitting up, eating and talking with family.  Then her brain swelled so much there was nothing they could do.
    Here's the link to the sister's blog:
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=249 96478 

RIP Ashley
    [/quote]

"I must live under a rock or smoke way too much."
      best quote ever.

RIP Ms. Phelps
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

What a bastard to drive off on the ATV and leave her laying in the street alone.    I'll never comprehend how people like this even sleep at night or look at themselves in the mirror. 

Am I the only one who found the blank "COUNTDOWN COMPLETE!" on her page somewhat eerie? 

RIP Ashley 

Poor girl :(  I did a lot of ATV riding down in KY this past weekend, and I swear I saw my own life flash in front of my eyes the first night.  Went on one with a maniac through the mountains.  He drove ok,  but just nuts & fast as hell in the dead of night  :-o.  They ride ATV's everywhere they go. We didn't crash and burn I guess.  It's pretty easy to get launched off of those things if you're flying on em.  But damn, what a creep to just leave her like that.  He should go for a ride with me, I'd take care of him.

Oh my God. That blog is absolutely heart wrenching. I can't imagine going through that...Initial fear that she will die, then everything pointing to her getting better, only to have her go back downhill so fast. 

RIP Ashley.

That made me cry.  Her account of her sister's last days is heartbreaking.  It really seemed like she was doing so much better and then suddenly she took a turn for the worst.  So sad.  Have charged been filed against the guy she was riding with?

Thread Information