Thread: Christian Soto (22) admitted to kiliing 4 people in Illinois stabbing spree

Christian Soto (22) admitted to kiliing 4 people in Illinois stabbing spree

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ead-rcna145388

Four people were killed, including a 15-year-old girl who died saving her sister, after an Illinois man carried out a series of stabbings and attacks Wednesday in and near the city of Rockford, officials said.

Seven other people were injured in what the mayor called a ?random and senseless act of violence.?

Police took the suspect, Christian Soto, 22, into custody on charges of murder, attempted murder and home invasion. The attacks occurred at "multiple scenes" in Rockford and an area of Winnebago County shortly after 1 p.m., authorities said.
    The violence unfolded Wednesday afternoon when Rockford police received a call about a person "being run over by a vehicle and possibly stabbed" outside of a home, Hanley said at a Thursday news conference.

Officers located the bodies of a man and woman identified as Jacob Schupbach, 23, and Ramona Schupbach, 63. Both appeared to have been stabbed, Hanley said.

Witnesses said they saw Jacob Schupbach ?being chased across the street" by Soto, according to Hanley. The witnesses said they saw Soto with an ?unknown possibly black object that he was hitting or stabbing Jacob with as he was lying on the ground," he said.

Jacob Schupbach was able to get up and run back inside the home, he said. Soto allegedly followed and was observed by witnesses exiting a short time later. Witnesses told police that Soto got into his vehicle and fled the scene.

During an interview following his arrest, Soto allegedly told police that he was friends with the 23-year-old and went to his house to smoke marijuana. Soto said "he believes the drugs provided to him by Jacob were laced with an unknown narcotic," Hanley said.

"Soto said he became paranoid after the drug usage. He said he retrieved a knife from the kitchen at Jacob?s house and proceeded to stab Jacob and Ramona to death," Hanley told reporters.
    Soto allegedly told police that he left the home in his vehicle and "recalled taking out the mailman," according to Hanley, who identified the victim as Jay Larson.

Larson was stabbed multiple times in the front yard of a home and died from his injuries at the hospital. Ruth Mendoza, the inspector in charge for the U.S. Postal Inspection Service-Chicago, said Larson died while "doing his job."

"Jay was doing what he loved, serving his community," she said at the news conference. "Delivering mail to customers that he had served for 25 years."
    At a separate location, three girls were attacked with a softball bat, according to Hanley. One of the girls, 15-year-old Jenna Newcomb, died.

One of the injured girls told authorities that she was at her friend's house watching movies in a basement bedroom when Soto allegedly entered the home through an unlocked rear door. Hanley said Soto grabbed a softball bat from the kitchen, went to the basement, cursed at the girls "and asked where the gun was."

I just watched a YouTube true crime video about how a serial killer was going house to house trying to find his next victim. He went to four houses before he broke into the fifth house. He only got into the fifth house because the door was unlocked. Never leave your door unlocked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I just watched a YouTube true crime video about how a serial killer was going house to house trying to find his next victim. He went to four houses before he broke into the fifth house. He only got into the fifth house because the door was unlocked. Never leave your door unlocked!
    This. My door is never unlocked, no matter what time of day.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I keep my door unlocked for my kiddo to go in and out to play with the neighbor kids

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Same!

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I keep my door unlocked for my kiddo to go in and out to play with the neighbor kids
    I did, too, when mine were young. Guess it's been a while, I totally forgot about that haha.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I always had an unlocked door when the boys were young and we lived in the country but now I watch too much crime tv at night so I keep it locked all the time.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Me too. 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I did too, when my children were young (80s). I was still nervous about it back then, but we had a fenced in yard and a protective labrador retriever so that eased my mind a bit. I also want to say I'm finding it hard to believe your baby is old enough to "go in and out to play with the neighbor kids." Isn't he still like, two? Time flies.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 03-29-2024 at 03:37 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Me too. 24/7.

I did too, when my children were young (80s). I was still nervous about it back then, but we had a fenced in yard and a protective labrador retriever so that eased my mind a bit. I also want to say I'm finding it hard to believe your baby is old enough to "go in and out to play with the neighbor kids." Isn't he still like, two? Time flies.
    Hes 6, I know I cant believe it either.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information