Thread: Amanda Nenigar (27) found dead 1.5 miles from her car a month after getting stuck in the desert and calling 911

Amanda Nenigar (27) found dead 1.5 miles from her car a month after getting stuck in the desert and calling 911

https://people.com/missing-californi...desert-8611659

Authorities are searching for a 27-year-old woman who has been missing for three weeks.

Amanda Nenigar was last seen in Blythe, California, on Feb. 28, officials posted on Facebook. The Blythe Police Department told PEOPLE on Wednesday that her whereabouts remain unknown.

Her car was found in a remote area of Arizona's La Paz County south of Cibola a week later, KTVK/KPHO reported. She was last seen wearing a pink hooded sweatshirt, black leggings, black and white tennis shoes, a thin bracelet and carrying a pink purse.
    La Paz County Sheriff William Ponce told KTVK/KPHO that Nenigar lives near Blythe but commutes to La Paz County, where other family members live.

After the family reported her missing, a week later her Toyota Camry was reportedly found by loved ones in the remote desert area. The way the car was found was puzzling, according to Ponce.

?The rear end of the vehicle was on a large boulder,? Ponce explained.

Investigators determined that Nenigar called 911 on Feb. 27 after getting stuck in a ditch, but it was not near where the car was later found.

This not going to end well.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...l-19367328.php

Nenigar made a 911 call in which she told a California Highway Patrol dispatcher she was stuck in a ditch, and even gave her location, but a mix-up between authorities may have resulted in officers searching in the wrong place, KPHO-TV reports. Nenigar’s car was found on March 7 in a remote area south of Cibola in La Paz County, Arizona, authorities said. The car’s back wheel was reportedly stuck on a large boulder, and it was just a mile from the coordinates she shared on the 911 call, but California authorities had been searching in the wrong area some 30 miles away, according to the outlet.
    Nenigar’s family now claims the CHP dispatcher bungled the call. “She gave them her coordinates, California, and I don’t know why they didn’t transfer her to dispatch in Arizona,” Amanda’s sister Marissa Nenigar told KPHO. “She gave them her exact location and someone could have went and got her. They could have found her.”

Oh no. If I were her family I would be devastated. She gave them her exact coordinates and they STILL screwed it up. Agree with Angie, this isn't going to end well.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    This is the kind of third grade incompetence that gives every emergency service a black eye. Like DUDE, SHE GAVE YOU EVERYTHING YOU FUCKING NEEDED TO KNOW TO FIND HER AND YOU STILL FUCKED IT UP!

And the worst part is, now she is missing without a trace and her family is suffering.

Great job, diphsits. I don't know about you guys but the people who fuck up this badly should be fired, like, immediately. This is why you verify information given, again and again. Go to the source if you have to, but verify the fucking information.

All you motherfuckers had to do was go get her. Simple, except it isn't. And now we may never know what happened to her because you guys fucked up,like, colossally.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Oh nooooo.... she has two little babies! Thank God they weren't with her. Heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    This is the kind of third grade incompetence that gives every emergency service a black eye. <snip> I don't know about you guys but the people who fuck up this badly should be fired, like, immediately.
    Absolutely. One of my pet peeves in LE was the lack of attention to detail, particularly with dispatch. I preached who/what/where/when/why/how to my academy students like a 5th grade English teacher. I think (hope) things are improved somewhat, but stories like this are really disheartening. Don't know what happened here, but I hope we find out and it's not covered up. Listen to the tape, if she gave the proper coordinates and someone transmitted incorrect information, they should be fired immediately. No second chances on allowing someone to disappear/die/be lost or trafficked on your watch due to your own negligence. When they couldn't find her, they should have double checked the tape to make sure they were looking in the right place. This ain't rocket science.

p.s. How the hell did the back end of her car end up on a big rock?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

She's been found, :( no cause of death yet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ia-desert.html

Missing California woman Amanda Nenigar, 26, is found dead as her naked body is recovered 1.5 miles from where her car was abandoned in Arizona desert

Amanda Nenigar, 26, was reported missing on February 28 after she became stranded out in the Arizona desert near Blythe, California
    She was tragically found dead Friday evening
    Her final 911 call was released last week, where she tried to describe her surroundings and nearby landmarks
    Her family claim she provided near-exact coordinates to where her car was found on March 7 as they slammed the cops' response

A California woman who disappeared last month after becoming stranded in the Arizona desert has been found dead.

Amanda Nenigar, 26, who vanished on February 28, was found naked under a tree just outside of Cibola, Arizona on Friday, around 1.5 miles from where her abandoned car was discovered on March 7.

Her cause of death has not been released, and La Paz County officials say they are working to perform an autopsy to gather more information about her death.

t comes as a chilling 911 call revealed Nenigar's confusion as she tried to explain her whereabouts to a 911 operator, hours before she vanished.

Her family previously criticized the search by officials, and claim she provided near-exact coordinates to where her car was found as her sister Marissa told KKTV last week: 'They could have found her.'

In the 911 audio released last week, Nenigar was heard struggling to describe her surroundings to a dispatcher, saying: 'Um, I'm not sure, I see a field.'

Nenigar's family say the critical mistake that may have stopped searchers from finding her may have been the area that her 911 call was directed to.

The 26-year-old called from a remote location in Arizona, however the 911 call was directed to California dispatchers, which her family say contributed to the confusion over what she was describing.

Marissa said: 'I don’t know why they didn’t transfer her to dispatch in Arizona. She gave them her exact location and someone could have went and got her. They could have found her.'

Nenigar was heard in the call sounding confused and describing vague landmarks, as a dispatcher asked her: 'What are you surrounded with? Do you just see fields? Is that all you see?'

'I'm like kind of in a valley,' she responded.

'Yeah, there's just a lot of mountains... I climbed to like a high mountain and I'm wearing pink.'

The 911 operator asked her 'so you're on Highway 78, you think? And what would be the nearest cross streets?'

'Um, I'm not sure, I see a field,' Nenigar said, as the dispatcher admitted he was struggling to get a navigational signal from her call.

'I'm trying to get a location on you, but I'm not getting one,' he said.

The call was made on February 27, and Nenigar was reported missing by her family the next day after they couldn't get hold of her.

After weeks of searches for the missing woman, her vehicle was found by the La Paz County Sheriff's Office in a remote desert area in Cibola, Arizona - with its rear wheels propped on top of a boulder.

Her sister said at the time that the find left her family confused, as 'she's never been in that part of the desert, ever.'

'It's not a familiar area for her to go,' sister Merissa Nenigar added.

She criticized authorities for what she deemed a bungled investigation, with the La Paz County Sheriff's Office reportedly only becoming aware of the 911 call once they got involved.

It is not clear how much time passed between California investigators receiving the missing person's tip and the Arizona sheriff's office becoming aware of the 911 call.

The sheriff's office discovered that the California dispatcher was confused by the coordinates that Nenigar gave over the phone.

Despite being heard in the 911 call asking Nenigar if she was on Highway 78, he reportedly sent cops to look for her along Highway 95, around 40 miles from where the car was found.

Once Arizona deputies joined the search and listened to the call, they were able to follow her coordinates to just over a mile from where the car was found.

Following the tragic news of her discovery, Nenigar's family said they were devastated by the discovery but were grateful to the efforts of searchers.

'We want to extend a huge thank you to everyone that helped in the search for Amanda Nenigar,' the statement read.

'The family is incredibly grateful to have people like each of you who have volunteered and dedicated their time and resources into finding her.

'It is with a heavy heart that we must report to you all, she was found deceased last night... We have many questions and have been informed that her death is being investigated and an autopsy will follow.

'Our hearts are broken and we will miss her dearly. Please grant our family privacy as we mourn the loss of Amanda and prepare for the days ahead of us.'

Before she was found dead, Marissa said her family were growing increasingly concerned as it was not like her to drop off the map so suddenly.

'Her phone goes straight to voicemail. Different people have tried calling her because maybe, I don’t know, she wanted to disappear and she blocked everyone, but no, that’s not the case. Her phone is going directly to voicemail,' Marissa added.

'It’s been so many days like, what if she’s somewhere out there dead? Or what if she’s being human trafficked? What if somebody kidnapped her? I have no idea. Nobody knows.

'We just want to know that she’s OK. We want her to come home.'

Very sad outcome. She was so close to the car, I'm surprised they didn't find her sooner. They should release the 911 call.

Agree, the 911 call needs to be released. Also, who found her car? The earlier report says her family did. This latest report said once AZ deputies joined the search they found her car approx a mile from the coordinates she gave them.

After the family reported her missing, a week later her Toyota Camry was reportedly found by loved ones in the remote desert area.
    After weeks of searches for the missing woman, her vehicle was found by the La Paz County Sheriff's Office in a remote desert area in Cibola, Arizona - with its rear wheels propped on top of a boulder.
    As for her being found naked, there is a phenomenon called paradoxical undressing that happens to victims of hypothermia. I know it can get pretty cold in the desert at night so I checked the weather history for the area and temps were really moderate: highs of 77-80, lows of 51-52 in the days and weeks immediately following her disappearance.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Very sad.

Thread Information