Thread: Abdullahi Muya (29) found in the Rochester, NY drinking water system a month after he went missing

Abdullahi Muya (29) found in the Rochester, NY drinking water system a month after he went missing

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/body-ro...officials-say/

Officials in Rochester, New York, said on Thursday that the dead body found in a reservoir that supplies drinking water to residents earlier this week was a missing person who had been in the water for just under a month. The discovery of the man's body had prompted a temporary boil water advisory.

Rochester Mayor Malik Evans said at a press conference that officials discovered the body in the Highland Park Reservoir Tuesday at around 8 a.m. As soon as the body was discovered, Evans said that the reservoir was "shut off and bypassed as part of the city's water distribution system."

"Our testing has shown no issues," Evans said. "...Out of an abundance of caution we have issued a boil water advisory. ... The reservoir will not be back in service until it has been drained and cleaned."

Police said Thursday that the body was identified as 29-year-old Abdullahi Muya, a Rochester resident who had been missing since February and was last seen on Feb. 18. Their investigation found that his body had been in the water for nearly a month after he entered the gated area on Feb. 24.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Wow. Poor guy, but I wonder how he got in there in the first place.

Thread Information