Thread: Jaremy Smith (32) allegedly shot and killed NM State Police officer Justin Hare when he stopped to assist him with his vehicle; Smith is also tied to the killing of paramedic Phonesia Machado-Fore (52)

Jaremy Smith (32) allegedly shot and killed NM State Police officer Justin Hare when he stopped to assist him with his vehicle; Smith is also tied to the killing of paramedic Phonesia Machado-Fore (52)

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/16/us/ne...led/index.html

A New Mexico State Police officer was fatally shot ?in cold blood? early Friday when he offered to help the driver of a disabled vehicle, who responded by shooting the officer twice and driving off with his patrol car, authorities said.

An arrest warrant has been issued for 32-year-old Jaremy Smith, of Marion, South Carolina, the ?armed and dangerous? man wanted in the apparent ambush attack on Interstate 40 that killed Officer Justin Hare, New Mexico State Police said.

?On a cold, dark and windy morning, he offered help to a person he thought was in need,? State Police Chief Troy Weisler said Saturday at a news conference, choking up with emotion. ?That person killed him in cold blood. The last words Officer Hare uttered on this earth was to offer help to a man who was about to kill him.?
    When Hare arrived, he parked behind Smith?s disabled vehicle. Smith approached Hare?s passenger side window, Weisler said.

?A short conversation ensued about repairing his tire, and Officer Hare offered to give the suspect a ride to town,? Weisler said.

Then, without warning, Smith pulled out a firearm and shot Hare, and walked to the driver?s side and shot the officer again, before pushing Hare into the passenger seat and driving away in the patrol vehicle, Weisler said. The car was abandoned a short time later, Weisler said.

Smith is facing charges of first-degree murder, armed robbery, shooting at or from a motor vehicle, armed robbery, tampering with evidence, felon in possession of a firearm, unlawful taking of a motor vehicle and criminal damage to property, police said.

Hare, who graduated from police recruit school in 2018, is survived by his parents, his girlfriend and two young children, the police chief said.
    Hundreds of miles away, the body of a missing South Carolina paramedic has been recovered, and authorities there said her car was connected to Smith.

The family of the paramedic, 52-year-old Phonesia Machado-Fore, reported her missing to the Marion County Sheriff?s Office on Thursday evening.

Federal, state, and local authorities worked to find her, and investigators were led to a property in Dillon County, South Carolina, close to the North Carolina border, where they located her body.

So he killed a cop who was trying to help him, and car jacked and killed a paramedic? Hes going away for a loooong time.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    What a stupidly spelled first name. Hopefully they catch him soon. Something tells me he will commit suicide, as he truly doesn't seem to care.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Thread Information