Thread: Boeing whistleblower John Barnett (62) found dead

Boeing whistleblower John Barnett (62) found dead

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/20...wer-found-dead

A former Boeing employee who blew the whistle on alleged safety problems at the aircraft manufacturing giant has been found dead.

John Barnett, 62, died on Saturday from an apparent ?self-inflicted? wound, a coroner in South Carolina in the United States said on Monday.

?Charleston City Police Department is the investigating agency. No further details are available at this time,? the office of Charleston County Coroner Bobbi Jo O?Neal told Al Jazeera in a statement.

Boeing, where Barnett worked for more than three decades until his retirement in 2017, expressed condolences at the news of his death.

?We are saddened by Mr. Barnett?s passing, and our thoughts are with his family and friends,? the Seattle-based aircraft manufacturer told Al Jazeera in a statement.

The BBC, which first reported the news of Barnett?s death, said the former employee had been giving evidence in a whistleblower lawsuit against the company in recent days.

In 2019, Barnett was quoted by the BBC alleging that Boeing had deliberately fitted planes with faulty parts and that passengers on its 787 Dreamliner could be left without oxygen in the event of a sudden decompression.

Boeing denied Barnett?s claims at the time, insisting that it adhered to the highest safety standards.

Boeing, which dominates the market for commercial aircraft along with Netherlands-based Airbus, has been under intense scrutiny over its safety record since two fatal crashes involving the Boeing 737 MAX in 2018 and 2019.

On Monday, dozens of people suffered injuries, most of them minor, when their Boeing aircraft en route to New Zealand from Australia experienced what airline officials described as a ?strong movement? caused by a ?technical event?.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

How convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    How convenient.
    I expect to hear that he fell out of a window.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    "self inflicted"

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I expect to hear that he fell out of a window.
    He supposedly shot himself in his truck after a week of giving testimony in his Boeing lawsuit. All the things he has been saying about Boeing are being shown more and more to be true. Why now???

Maybe the pressure and testimony got to be too much?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    He supposedly shot himself in his truck after a week of giving testimony in his Boeing lawsuit. All the things he has been saying about Boeing are being shown more and more to be true. Why now???
    Right. I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Maybe the pressure and testimony got to be too much?
    But he's been pursuing stuff against Boeing since 2011. Why now?

But he's been pursuing stuff against Boeing since 2011. Why now?
    Oh, I thought it was more recent. It says he retired in 2017, so he was still working there while giving info? Awkward.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Oh, I thought it was more recent. It says he retired in 2017, so he was still working there while giving info? Awkward.
    He filed an official whistleblower complaint around that point, but he had been alleging safety stuff for years while working with them. In the aviation industry there is supposed to be a safety culture where you can freely file safety complaints at any time, and they have safety hotlines. I am wondering if the previous stuff was handled that way and then he did an official whistleblower complaint once he left.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Something is definitely FUCKY as FUCK. I'm not buying the suicide story. Not after everything that he's done through the years. The timing doesn't add up.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/if...ab9cbd1f&ei=12

'If anything happens to me, it?s not suicide,? friend of dead Boeing whistleblower says he told her

John Barnett, 62, was in the process of testifying against the Boeing Company regarding the aircraft manufacturer?s manufacturing processes when he was found dead in South Carolina with what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. Now, though, a family friend of Barnett?s says that, before he died, he warned her that if he were found dead, it would not be the result of a suicide.

Jennifer, who did not share her surname, spoke to local ABC news affiliate WPDE about a concerning conversation she says she had with Barnett. She alleges that Barnett came by to visit her when she needed help, and they began to speak about his upcoming deposition in Charleston, South Carolina.

?He wasn?t concerned about safety because I asked him,? Jennifer told WPDE. ?I said, ?Aren?t you scared?? And he said, ?No, I ain?t scared, but if anything happens to me, it?s not suicide.??

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Other friends have said he was not suicidal. Looking very suspect.

I dunno if I believe that....who says "If anything happens to me, it's not suicide"?? I have heard the whole "if something happens to me, it's so and so that did it..."

I'm starting to wonder if people are just in denial.

I don't know if he really said that...but I can understand after Epstein's "suicide" that he might have been worried about powerful people wanting him dead and covering it up.

Thread Information