Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Riley Strain (22) found in the Cumberland River two weeks after going missing in Nashville, TN

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I think I already saw that one. It's the one where he is walking near other people. I think he stops and sways for a second, then keeps walking...?
    No, he's mainly by himself. He's walking very hunched over. There are a couple of people on the opposite side of the street near the end of the video, but he's essentially alone for most of it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    No, he's mainly by himself. He's walking very hunched over. There are a couple of people on the opposite side of the street near the end of the video, but he's essentially alone for most of it.
    Yeah, that one is really bad. The bar has to have some sort of culpability for over serving him.

Is it this link?

https://www.wsmv.com/2024/03/12/frie...11-call-shows/

Does the video have this under it: Police release surveillance footage of Riley Strain on the night of his disappearance. (Credit: WSMV)

That is the one where he is walking with other people. I don't see one of him alone..? Can you link it again?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Is it this link?

https://www.wsmv.com/2024/03/12/frie...11-call-shows/

Does the video have this under it: Police release surveillance footage of Riley Strain on the night of his disappearance. (Credit: WSMV)

That is the one where he is walking with other people. I don't see one of him alone..? Can you link it again?
    The link you posted is 404, so I'm not sure what was on it, but this is the link to the video BWS and I were talking about:
    https://www.wsmv.com/2024/03/14/fami...w-national-tv/

It is at the very bottom of the page and the video looks like this screenshot:

The link you posted is 404, so I'm not sure what was on it, but this is the link to the video BWS and I were talking about:
    https://www.wsmv.com/2024/03/14/fami...w-national-tv/

It is at the very bottom of the page and the video looks like this screenshot:

Ohhh I didn't see that one, thanks! Yeah, he looks really bad in it...I have no idea how he was even able to keep walking.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

The local news at noon said authorities are "guessing" he fell in the Cumberland River and thinking his body will surface soon but several miles downstream. So, they are expanding their search. Lots of locals will be out fishing and boating this weekend so hopefully someone will spot him if he is in there.

I know that someone over at WS is probably saying he was roofied (because they always say that), but I really don't think he would be an ideal target to try to roofie. I mean, what are they going to do with a 6'5 guy after they get him incapacitated? I know that the bar is already being looked at for how much they served him, but I am wondering if he could have been taking a prescription or something and didn't realize it would interact poorly with alcohol. He is just soooooo out of it.

I hope everyone with a teen or early 20 something talks to their kids about the dangers of alcohol. We think it's no big deal, but they have no idea how to safely do it at that age. Drinking and driving is only half of the danger.
    I am pretty sure I read something that said his family believes he was roofied. I doubt it, no one was following him in the video so....they must be a pretty sucky predator.

Dude is super skinny and maybe he doesn't usually drink, it could've snuck up on him.

Regarding the bar "overserving" him, meh. I'm sure the place was crowded, you can't expect a few bar tenders to pay that much attention to each individual in the bar. I remember going to bars with friends and we would get a table, and each of us would take turns getting the drinks. So, if someone else was ordering the drinks and bringing them back to him, how would the bartenders know??

Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    The local news at noon said authorities are "guessing" he fell in the Cumberland River and thinking his body will surface soon but several miles downstream. So, they are expanding their search. Lots of locals will be out fishing and boating this weekend so hopefully someone will spot him if he is in there.
    Very sad, but that is likely what happened.

I am pretty sure I read something that said his family believes he was roofied. I doubt it, no one was following him in the video so....they must be a pretty sucky predator.

Dude is super skinny and maybe he doesn't usually drink, it could've snuck up on him.

Regarding the bar "overserving" him, meh. I'm sure the place was crowded, you can't expect a few bar tenders to pay that much attention to each individual in the bar. I remember going to bars with friends and we would get a table, and each of us would take turns getting the drinks. So, if someone else was ordering the drinks and bringing them back to him, how would the bartenders know??
    I believe I saw that as well early on. There were also some tourists who said they were drugged and robbed in downtown Nashville (not specifically at this bar though).

The key about over serving is they can be legally responsible. They kicked him out, so he clearly was over served. I am sure there are cameras in the bar that can show when he was served and how he acted. It's an iffy thing, but they served someone who was intoxicated to the point that he was eventually kicked out. And I agree about his body habitus. He is very skinny and might not be a big drinker, so the alcohol could have snuck up on him.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...r/72991234007/

Was he drinking somewhere else beforehand, and why are we just now hearing this version of the story?

Luke's 32 Bridge, the Broadway bar owned by Luke Bryan, released a Friday statement clarifying the amount of alcohol that was served to a University of Missouri student who's been missing in Nashville for a week.

Riley Strain, 22, was served one alcoholic drink and two waters before he was kicked out of the bar on March 8 due to conduct standards, the bar's owner and operator, TC Restaurant Group, said in the statement.

Officials made the decision to remove Strain from the bar at 9:35 p.m., the statement said, but it but did not provide any additional details about why he was removed or what led up to his removal.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 03-15-2024 at 02:41 PM.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...r/72991234007/

Was he drinking somewhere else beforehand, and why are we just now hearing this version of the story?
    Wow. So, maybe he was at another bar beforehand?but I wouldn?t think his level of intoxication would be like we see on the surveillance videos if he had only one drink there. Also, clearly he wasn?t too intoxicated because they did serve him. That tells me he either took something or his drink had something in it.
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 03-15-2024 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Wow. He must have been at another bar then.
    Either that, drinking in the hotel with the frat boys, or he had some medical event that was totally unexpected and mimicked being drunk.

Either that, drinking in the hotel with the frat boys, or he had some medical event that was totally unexpected and mimicked being drunk.
    Very good point.

More than a week after University of Missouri student Riley Strain disappeared while on a fraternity trip in Nashville, his bank card was discovered on an embankment by the Cumberland River.

This news comes just hours after crews were called out to the Cumberland River to recover a body seen floating down the river ahead of the Martin Luther King Bridge, but the Nashville Fire Department said the individual surfaced from the water wearing a “maroon colored shirt and does not fit the description of the missing student.”
    https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news...berland-river/

How many bodies are floating in that river

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    How many bodies are floating in that river
    It's a very common occurrence in the Cumberland River, unfortunately.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/new-video-...y?id=108242090

New video shows missing student Riley Strain briefly speak with police on night he vanished in Nashville

Newly released video shows missing college student Riley Strain briefly speak with a police officer on the night he vanished in Nashville, Tennessee.

Officer Reginald Young came across Strain, 22, while responding to a car burglary on Gay Street, south of the Woodland Street Bridge, on the night of March 8, according to Nashville police.

Around 9:50 p.m., Strain walked by alone. The officer asked how he was doing, and Strain responded, "I?m good, how are you?"

"No video has been discovered that shows Riley away from Gay St after the 9:52 p.m. timeframe," police said Monday.
    Also, 23 guests viewing this thread. Come join us!

He seemed fine in that vid. But I know seeing a police officer sobers you up with a quickness

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He seemed fine in that vid. But I know seeing a police officer sobers you up with a quickness
    True, but he went missing just a couple of minutes later (never showed up on the next cameras) and his debit card was found just a hundred feet away or so. No one heard anything?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    True, but he went missing just a couple of minutes later (never showed up on the next cameras) and his debit card was found just a hundred feet away or so. No one heard anything?
    This is the area that Liv and I were at during Crimecon. We also went bar hopping. It's a very crowded and crazy place that's full of people out partying. I'm not surprised that nobody noticed him go missing or end up in the water TBH.

It's the same story as usual. He was drinking, disoriented and went towards the water. SPLASH! It's very sad, but common. Hopefully his body turns up soon so that his parents can get some closure.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

On Wednesday, Strain's stepfather, Chris Whiteid, spoke to ABC News about the student's disappearance, sharing of conversations they wish they didn't have to have, "Put yourself in our shoes. Your family, your brother, your sister — they've been missing for almost two weeks."

"Everybody knows it, everybody's thinking it — those conversations are starting to happen," he continued. "It's not what we want. And I understand that people want to know what we're feeling — we're feeling frustrated, we're feeling hurt, we're feeling depressed."

Whiteid said that Strain, who would usually speak to his mom Michelle Strain Whiteid several times a day, didn't sound intoxicated when he FaceTimed her from a bar the night he went missing.

He said the last text Strain sent to his mom on March 8 read, "I love you."
    https://people.com/riley-strain-fami...tudent-8612540

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news...t-nashville-3/

Body found in the river. Not ID?d yet but probably him I?d say

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post

Sadly, it was only a matter of time.

Sad but we all knew this would be the case. At least the family has closure and can put him to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/riley-s...-found-search/

"A body found in a river in West Nashville on Friday morning has been confirmed to be missing University of Missouri student Riley Strain, the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department said."
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Thread Information