Thread: Pregnant Amish woman, Rebekah Byler (23), found murdered in her home

Pregnant Amish woman, Rebekah Byler (23), found murdered in her home

https://abcnews.go.com/US/23-year-pr...y?id=107654652

The predominantly Amish community in Spartansburg, Pennsylvania, is shocked and scared after a 23-year-old pregnant Amish woman was killed this week, a community member told ABC News.

"Everyone is stunned -- this doesn't happen here," said Charleen Hajec, a pharmacist who was born and raised in Spartansburg. "Everyone is talking. It's scary and frustrating."

On Monday afternoon, police responded to a home in Sparta Township, where they found Rebekah Byler dead, Pennsylvania State Police said.

Byler's death is considered a homicide and "police are aggressively investigating all available leads," police said. Her cause of death has not been released.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nia-rcna141128

While investigators won?t say how Byler died, they?re appealing to the public for help and any information ?regarding persons, vehicles, or activity in the area that might seem out of the ordinary? around the woman?s home on Monday morning, police said.

A $2,000 reward has been posted for any information that leads to an arrest.

Byler had two children, who were found safe inside her home, police told WICU.

Where's the husband?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Where's the husband?
    Plowing the field?

Three kids at 23, man, that is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Plowing the field?

or making furniture

If she would have lived I guarentee she would have went on to have 10 kids.

Sorry I had to.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 02-29-2024 at 09:28 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/arrest-mad...y?id=107740010

The Pennsylvania State Police announced early Saturday morning that Shawn Cranston -- a 52-year-old man from Corry, Pennsylvania -- has been arrested in connection with the murder of the Amish woman and is now facing multiple charges, including criminal homicide, criminal homicide of an unborn child, burglary and criminal trespass.

Cranston was arraigned Saturday morning and is currently being held without bond at the Crawford County Jail.

I didnt think Amish people socialized with non Amish people much. He must have kidnapped her.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I didnt think Amish people socialized with non Amish people much. He must have kidnapped her.
    Some don't, but many do. The Amish frequently own businesses and trade with the "English" they also employ outsiders to drive them places and are frequently on good terms with their neighbors. I heard the killing happened in her home, so it may have been a home invasion or some sort of dispute.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Some don't, but many do. The Amish frequently own businesses and trade with the "English" they also employ outsiders to drive them places and are frequently on good terms with their neighbors. I heard the killing happened in her home, so it may have been a home invasion or some sort of dispute.
    I imagine its not that hard to break into an Amish person's house.

I suspect you're right. The # of ring doorbells is pretty small.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Why can't assholes just leave them alone? I don't agree with a lot of what they do and stand for, but they keep to themselves. They need to stop running puppy mills (fuckers), but otherwise they don't hurt anyone by living the way that they want to live.

People doing shit like this to that community only justifies why they live the way that they do. I personally do not like how they view Women and their role in society and I believe there's a lot of abuse that's allowed to happen since they are so cloistered. I always hope that they'll lose popularity and peter off eventually, but things like what this guy did only bolsters their existence.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://abcnews.go.com/US/pregnant-a...y?id=108478414

Pregnant Amish woman was shot in head, 3-year-old son saw her killer come into their house: Court documents

A pregnant Amish woman's 2-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son were home when she was attacked and killed, and the 3-year-old saw the killer, according to newly unsealed court documents.

The 3-year-old told police a green truck pulled into their driveway and a man wearing sneakers came inside their Sparta Township, Pennsylvania, home and killed his mom, the documents said.

Rebekah Byler, 23, was shot in the head and suffered multiple sharp force wounds to the neck in the Feb. 26 attack, according to court documents.
    Andy Byler told police that about two weeks before his wife's murder, a suspicious person arrived at their home at night, the documents said. Andy Byler said a bald, white man with a white beard came to the house, and "when confronted, the male inquired about purchasing the house," the documents said.

A woman who lives near the victim, Katie Byler, told police that a man named John had been a driver for her husband, whom she's recently separated from, the documents said. When John wasn't available one day, John suggested his dad, Shawn, could work as a driver, the court documents said. The husband "accepted the ride from Shawn and immediately got an uneasy feeling about him," the documents said.

Katie Byler and the two people she lives with told police that, from December to February, they "had very odd experiences with this individual they know as Shawn," the documents said.

They told police that after Shawn gave Katie Byler's husband a ride, "Shawn would randomly show up at their residence," the documents said.

"On one occasion, Shawn drove a Jeep to their residence and parked in their driveway," the documents said.

They said Shawn -- wearing all black and carrying a small pistol in a holster on his belt -- "was walking around their property looking aimlessly into their fields and his speech made no sense," the court documents said. "He was inquiring as to when and where they attend church and that he wished to go with him."

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California

Pregnant Amish woman was shot in head, 3-year-old son saw her killer come into their house: Court documents
    That poor baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Plowing the field?

I had three at 23. I decided to adult the most difficult way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    One of those drivers is the prime suspect. Suspect drove for the estranged husband of a neighbor who said the guy gave him the heebie-geebies (my words, not his).

Possibly the understatement of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Why can't assholes just leave them alone? I don't agree with a lot of what they do and stand for, but they keep to themselves. They need to stop running puppy mills (fuckers), but otherwise they don't hurt anyone by living the way that they want to live.
    I share your outrage. Besides, during the next Apocalypse (Zombie or otherwise), we'll want them on our side with their mad 19th century survival skills.

Andy Byler told police that about two weeks before his wife's murder, a suspicious person arrived at their home at night, the documents said. Andy Byler said a bald, white man with a white beard came to the house, and "when confronted, the male inquired about purchasing the house," the documents said.

A woman who lives near the victim, Katie Byler, told police that a man named John had been a driver for her husband, whom she's recently separated from, the documents said. When John wasn't available one day, John suggested his dad, Shawn, could work as a driver, the court documents said. The husband "accepted the ride from Shawn and immediately got an uneasy feeling about him," the documents said.

Katie Byler and the two people she lives with told police that, from December to February, they "had very odd experiences with this individual they know as Shawn," the documents said.

They told police that after Shawn gave Katie Byler's husband a ride, "Shawn would randomly show up at their residence," the documents said.

"On one occasion, Shawn drove a Jeep to their residence and parked in their driveway," the documents said.

They said Shawn -- wearing all black and carrying a small pistol in a holster on his belt -- "was walking around their property looking aimlessly into their fields and his speech made no sense," the court documents said. "He was inquiring as to when and where they attend church and that he wished to go with him."
    I wish we had more information on the suspicious/strange behavior. What made everyone so uncomfortable? The Amish are inherently wary of the English to begin with, which could colour their perspective, but the reports of odd behavior are persistent and consistent. The request to go to church with them seems strange. I wonder if he was planning a bigger attack? Here's an interesting theory from his foster daughter:

https://nypost.com/2024/03/03/us-new...arted-monster/

But Cranston?s foster daughter told JET 24/FOX 66 in Erie that she thinks the gory killing was a case of mistaken identity ? the Amish family who lived in the Byler home a few years earlier had adopted Cranston?s grandson, she said.

Cranston, of Corry, wanted him back.

?Like, I could never picture my dad being that cold-hearted monster,? said Cranston?s distraught daughter, whom the network only identified as a woman in her 20s. ?Never in a million years.?

?Supposedly she started yelling at him, coming in, then that?s when boom, all it took,? his daughter said. ?It?s just horrifying to think that ? As far as I know, he just wanted his grandson back.?
    Ugh, to think this might have been a case of mistaken identity...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

The neighbor has the same last name of Byler but don't mention being related..?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

The neighbor has the same last name of Byler but don't mention being related..?
    Aren't there like, only five surnames in the entire Amish community, Stutzfolz, Yoder, Byler.... ? Just kidding of course, but the same surname is pretty common in the Amish community since they are so insular.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Goddamn that motherfucker is ugly. Shawn, you pasty ass bald sack of dog shit, what the fuck were you doing? Please, someone throw this thing in the woodchipper. The fuck is wrong with people anymore.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Goddamn that motherfucker is ugly. Shawn, you pasty ass bald sack of dog shit, what the fuck were you doing? Please, someone throw this thing in the woodchipper. The fuck is wrong with people anymore.
    I love your posts!

Thread Information