Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Non-binary teen, Nex Benedict (16), died of suicide after a school fight

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    I don't think there should be or will ever be tolerance for boys using the girls bathroom. It shouldn't even be an option, that's my opinion. My comment to Angie was about tolerance not someone deserving to die....I'm not sure why her thoughts went that way or why she assumed that's what I meant.

I'll make this personal........if my daughter showed up at my house today and said "Dad, my name isn't Alexis anymore my name is Alex, and I'm no longer your daughter I am your son". I'm going to tell her to get the fuck out of my house with that twisted shit and her twisted way of thinking & living". I would tell her its her life she can do what she wants but do not bring that shit into my house. Did I answer your question?

I used your own words to ask my question so yes, you did answer my questions perfectly.

For me, if my son came to me, the same as your example, I'd say "..."

I don't know what I'd say but I know I'd love him/her/they just as much as I do today. I'd never decide to ban them from my life based on that. They are my child and I love them.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

I don't think there should be or will ever be tolerance for boys using the girls bathroom. It shouldn't even be an option, that's my opinion. My comment to Angie was about tolerance not someone deserving to die....I'm not sure why her thoughts went that way or why she assumed that's what I meant.

I'll make this personal........if my daughter showed up at my house today and said "Dad, my name isn't Alexis anymore my name is Alex, and I'm no longer your daughter I am your son". I'm going to tell her to get the fuck out of my house with that twisted shit and her twisted way of thinking & living". I would tell her its her life she can do what she wants but do not bring that shit into my house. Did I answer your question?
    Wow, I am glad I am not your child.

My opinion, anyone who treats their child that way because of who they are, doesn't have unconditional love for them. It's conditional. And that is REALLY sad.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Yes Im starting to think it was a slower brain bleed as well.

I have no idea why the news said that, and I feel really dumb for posting that.
    Don't feel dumb. It's odd that the police even released a statement saying Nex's COD was not related to the head trauma. It just doesn't make sense that there is no connection to the attack. I read somewhere that one of the girls who attacked Nex slammed their head on the floor of the bathroom with a great deal of force.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Don't feel dumb. It's odd that the police even released a statement saying Nex's COD was not related to the head trauma. It just doesn't make sense that there is no connection to the attack. I read somewhere that one of the girls who attacked Nex slammed their head on the floor of the bathroom with a great deal of force.
    I think people assumed it wasn't related because they didn't pass right away, they went home from the hospital and probably "seemed" okay (talking, walking, etc.)

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I used your own words to ask my question so yes, you did answer my questions perfectly.

I don't know what I'd say but I know I'd love him/her/they just as much as I do today. I'd never decide to ban them from my life based on that. They are my child and I love them.
    I am with you on this. Though I might not understand why, it honestly doesn't matter. Ultimately they are my child and I would love them no matter what.

This is a difficult world to grow up in right now and children like Nex are just trying to find their way in life. We will always have those who are intolerant and we can never change their minds. I think it's okay to have opposing views even if we never agree with them.

There was no mention of love prior to you saying it, yes, I will always love my daughter. If she came home with that Alex I'm a boy now shit she would not be banned from my life I will always love her and do what I can to help her succeed in life but she would not come home and think I'm going to say and think oh my daughter is gone I have a son now. Nope. Fuck that. Get the fuck out of my house with that bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Wow, I am glad I am not your child.

My opinion, anyone who treats their child that way because of who they are, doesn't have unconditional love for them. It's conditional. And that is REALLY sad.
    NicB, your opinions are valid and respected. You might be glad you dont have me as a father and that is fine, obvously! In my opinion I have been a great father, I raised my kid alone I changed shitty diapers, I fed and bathed her, I took her to buy her first bra, I was the one there when she had her first period and we had to go get pads and have the talk about girls bleed once a month. I talked and educated her about boys....I love her the way a father should, I taught her, educated her etc. She's 21 now about to graduate college and is off to a great start to her adult life, a lot of this is due to how I raised her it wasn't just an accident. So you would hate to be my kid but I ASSURE YOU there are millions of girls who WISH they had a dad like me!

Btw, this thread isnt about me. I simply stated there isn't tolerance and some of you choose to attack. But thats typical MDS bullshit, I've been here 20 yrs I think so I've seen the mentality before. Lets not turn this thread into a Saleen is the worst piece of shit on the planet, there are other threads for that!

A search warrant was served at Owasso High School the day after Nex's death.

The Owasso Police Department says a search warrant was served at Owasso High School following the death of 16-year-old Nex Benedict.

Owasso Police said the investigator in the case suspected foul play about the reported assault and battery that occurred on February 7th. On February 8th, Benedict died. On February 9th, the warrant was served.

The warrant allowed Owasso Police to collect evidence from the high school including blood, DNA, hair, and fingerprints.

Police also collected clothes, cell phones, and laptops from the people they believed were in the fight.
    https://www.krmg.com/news/local/poli...FMNFYUSWCIGVI/
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 02-23-2024 at 09:59 AM.

I think people assumed it wasn't related because they didn't pass right away, they went home from the hospital and probably "seemed" okay (talking, walking, etc.)
    Agree. And that is one of the dangers with any type of trauma to the head. It might end up not being the cause, but it had to contribute in some way.

There was no mention of love prior to you saying it, yes, I will always love my daughter. If she came home with that Alex I'm a boy now shit she would not be banned from my life I will always love her and do what I can to help her succeed in life but she would not come home and think I'm going to say and think oh my daughter is gone I have a son now. Nope. Fuck that. Get the fuck out of my house with that bullshit.

Love is part of my parenting and that's why I said it. As I said, I don't know what I'd say since I've never lived it but the one constant in my relationship w/ each of my children is love so yes, I mentioned it. I did not imply or say you wouldn't love your child should they come to you and share their reality with you. I simply said I would, because no matter what, I imagine love will always be a part of my relationship w/ them.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

the only reason I know of a slow bleed building up pressure is because of my brother's drunken header down a flight of stairs. We were warned and he was lucky.

Love is part of my parenting and that's why I said it. As I said, I don't know what I'd say since I've never lived it but the one constant in my relationship w/ each of my children is love so yes, I mentioned it. I did not imply or say you wouldn't love your child should they come to you and share their reality with you. I simply said I would, because no matter what, I imagine love will always be a part of my relationship w/ them.
    I agree, and completely understood! :)

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    If you tell them to get the fuck out of your house with that twisted bullshit, then you don't love them.

You are incapable of love.

You're an asshole.

Period.

Die alone.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

What if she was a lesbian?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Well said.

My world revolves around my son and my love for him. I had a health scare, and all I could think about was him. What it would do to him.

My kid is only 6 but no matter what I will love and support him. Hes a mommas boy.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

the only reason I know of a slow bleed building up pressure is because of my brother's drunken header down a flight of stairs. We were warned and he was lucky.
    When I worked at Dillards salon, a stylist whose daughter would come in frequently, had a fiance who was playing with his nephew on a slip and slide. Fell back, hit his head. They went on vacation, and were on the beach, when he started talking nonsense and convulsing. By the time they got to the hospital he was brain dead. Slow bleed.

Your brother is lucky.

Fuck slip and slides, ive hated them ever since. He was only 19

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    What if she was a lesbian?

I have no issue with lesbians, there are several in my family.

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    Sad

Also:

There are currently 17 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 16 guests)

Is this the most action MDS has had lately?

How terribly sad. We need to do better as a society and accept others who are different.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    Ya know...I still question given the circumstances. But we'll have to accept it.

IT'S STILL the fault of the aggressors. The blood is still on their hands no matter if it's suicide or not.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s/73061299007/

Oklahoma prosecutors will not file charges in fight involving teenager Nex Benedict

An Oklahoma district attorney said Thursday that he will not be filing charges in connection to the death of Nex Benedict, a nonbinary student who died by suicide after a school fight last month.

Tulsa County District Attorney Stephen Kunzweiler detailed his decision in a three-page letter that provided findings on the Feb. 7 fight at Owasso High School. After reviewing the investigation by Owasso police, the district attorney said he agreed with the police department's assessment that charges were not warranted.

"From all of the evidence gathered, this fight was an instance of mutual combat," Kunzweiler said. "I do not have a reasonable belief that the State of Oklahoma could sustain its burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt if charges were presented for prosecution."
    The fight had involved two groups of students at Owasso High School who did not appear to know each other prior to attending an "in-school suspension" class together, Kunzweiler said. But he added that the students were "antagonizing each other in the days leading up to the fight."

The fight lasted less than a minute, according to Kunzweiler, and started after "comments were directed about how Benedict laughed." Witnesses said Benedict responded by pouring water over two girls while they were in the bathroom.
    Nex Benedict died the next day and a medical examiner ruled their death a suicide by an overdose of Benadryl and Prozac, Kunzweiler said. A report from the medical examiner noted that although superficial injuries were visible on Nex Benedict, none caused their death.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s/73061299007/

Oklahoma prosecutors will not file charges in fight involving teenager Nex Benedict
    The fight lasted less than a minute, according to Kunzweiler, and started after "comments were directed about how Benedict laughed." Witnesses said Benedict responded by pouring water over two girls while they were in the bathroom.
    It looks like Nex may have instigated the fight. Didn't seem real broken up about it when talking to the police in the ER, I'm surprised it ended like this. RIP Nex...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

i had read that she had instigated the fight as well a week ago, but wasn't sure it was reliable source twitter ?(x) but I was thinking she started this fight, told cops the girls started it, then knew she'd be found out couldn't face the consequences and committed suicide? I could be wrong I had a migraine the last 5 days so not as sharp.

Thread Information