Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Non-binary teen, Nex Benedict (16), died of suicide after a school fight

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Non-binary teen, Nex Benedict (16), died of suicide after a school fight

Nex Benedict, 16, was savagely attacked along with a trans student at Owasso Public High School, according to the youngster's family.

The teen died in the hospital on February 8, after allegedly being beaten by three older girls. Her grandmother told the Independent that her child was bullied for being gender fluid and got into a fight in the bathroom with other girls.

Police investigating the death said no 911 call was made by the school. They were summoned to the hospital at around 3pm on February 7.

The teen's guardian, Sue Benedict, described her child as a straight-A student, animal lover and a talented cook during a funeral service held on Thursday.

'I was so proud of Nex. They were going some place, they were so free,' she said.

Sue said Nex had been bullied since the start of the 2023 school year, just months after Oklahoma governor Kevin Stitt signed a bathroom ban bill, stipulating students must use the bathroom which aligns with their biological sex.

Police were summoned to the hospital by Nex's family around 3.30pm on February 7, according to a police statement.

The teen was discharged a short while after but rushed back in the next day and later died.

Police are yet to confirm if the death was related to the alleged fight. They are awaiting autopsy and toxicology results from the medical examiner's office, which will deliver the final verdict on cause of death.
    Full story here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-call-911.html

GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/dagny-benedict

Nex's mother (actually, the biological grandmother) received criticism after using the wrong name on the GoFundMe:

We at this time are thankful for the ongoing support and did not expect the love from everyone. We are sorry for not using their name correctly and as parents we were still learning the correct forms. Please do not judge us as Nex was judged, please do not bully us for our ignorance on the subject. Nex gave us that respect and we are sorry in our grief that we overlooked them. I lost my child, the headstone will have correct name of their choice. The rest of monies will go to other children dealing with the right to be who they feel they are, in Nex Benedict’s name. God bless

You would think this generation would be more tolerant. I guess not.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I dont think any generation will be tolerate of human beings walking around claiming to be something they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    You would think this generation would be more tolerant. I guess not.
    One would hope, but clearly not.

There is now a Wikipedia for Nex: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Nex_Benedict

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    I dont think any generation will be tolerate of human beings walking around claiming to be something they are not.
    Fuck You.

There is no "claiming to be something they are not". You're creeping around here making veiled statements and trying to "fit in" so that you aren't ousted for good, but everyone here knows the history and what you are.

YOU are the kind of person that perpetuates this kind of violence against minorities and those that are vulnerable and it BLOWS MY FUCKING MIND since you, YOURSELF, are a minority. You're a dirty Uncle Tom so stop pretending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I even respect Dick Tips more than you.......

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Fuck You.

There is no "claiming to be something they are not". You're creeping around here making veiled statements and trying to "fit in" so that you aren't ousted for good, but everyone here knows the history and what you are.

YOU are the kind of person that perpetuates this kind of violence against minorities and those that are vulnerable and it BLOWS MY FUCKING MIND since you, YOURSELF, are a minority. You're a dirty Uncle Tom so stop pretending.
    I wanted to say something but wasn't sure if I should "feed the troll." He obviously posts stuff like that to get a rise out of us, but sadly I think he actually believes that bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

So you think they deserved to die? Is that what you are saying?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

HMMMM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oklahoma-...204217950.html

In Oklahoma, the Owasso Police Department said Wednesday that preliminary findings from an investigation into the death of Nex Benedict, a nonbinary student at Owasso High School, suggest the cause was not related to injuries from a physical altercation at the school. However, officials did not provide any further information on the cause or manner of death.
    Some are speculating it was suicide.

she did go to the hospital, was released, then died.

HMMMM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oklahoma-...204217950.html

Some are speculating it was suicide.

she did go to the hospital, was released, then died.
    They were beaten and they're claiming suicide? I see a cover up. Who were the kids that beat them and who do their parents know? Because that's straight up bullshit unless they committed suicide after getting beaten for being non-binary in which case the people that beat them are still responsible IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    They were beaten and they're claiming suicide? I see a cover up. Who were the kids that beat them and who do their parents know? Because that's straight up bullshit unless they committed suicide after getting beaten for being non-binary in which case the people that beat them are still responsible IMHO.
    I dont think its a cover up, but I do think it was suicide from the bullying, which is AT LEAST manslaughter.

Here's a statement from Oklahoma's governor:

Sarah and I are saddened to learn of the death of Nex Benedict, and our hearts go out to Nex’s family, classmates, and the Owasso community. The death of any child in an Oklahoma school is a tragedy— and bullies must be held accountable. As we await the results of the investigation, I urge Owasso Police and Owasso Public Schools to be forthcoming and transparent with the public.
    https://www.fox23.com/news/police-fa...1Vasuk3i_rCpLg

Here are some more details regarding the attack at the school:

Benedict was reportedly assaulted by three older girls in a school restroom on February 7.

A family member shared with Tulsa Fox affiliate KOKI messages from Benedict detailing the attack: “I got jumped at school 3 on 1 had to go to the ER.” In these messages, Benedict expressed concern about potential concussion symptoms and recounted the bullying that led to the altercation, writing, “They had been bullying me and my friends and I got tired of it so I poured some water on them and all 3 came after me,” further revealing, “School did not report to the police.”
    That night, Nex went to bed with a sore head and eventually fell asleep while listening to music, Ms Benedict said.

On the afternoon of 8 February, Nex was getting ready to go to Tulsa with Ms Benedict for an appointment when they collapsed in the family living room.

Ms Benedict called an ambulance, and Owasso Fire Department medics arrived to find Nex had stopped breathing. Nex was taken to the St. Francis Pediatric Emergency Room where they were later declared dead.
    https://www.advocate.com/news/nex-benedict-what-we-know
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2499332.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Well hell, I dont know what to believe now

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't buying the suicide thing. Someone is trying to either protect the assailants or the cops are bigots that don't care that a member of the LGBTQ+ is dead.

So you think they deserved to die? Is that what you are saying?
    Deserve to die? No. I'm just saying no generation will be 100% tolerant towards these peoples twisted ways of life. You feel there should be tolerance, I feel there will never be tolerance. My comment had nothing to do with deserving to die.

Deserve to die? No. I'm just saying no generation will be 100% tolerant towards these peoples twisted ways of life. You feel there should be tolerance, I feel there will never be tolerance. My comment had nothing to do with deserving to die.
    There won't be tolerance as long as assholes like you are around.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

oh I'll bite, then I'll give you my thoughts later.

Do you think there should be tolerance?

and can you go deeper into your choice of the words "twisted way of life" please.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

There won't be tolerance as long as assholes like you are around.
    You are correct the world will always have people like me in it just like the world will always have people like you in it. So you really aren't saying much other than calling me an asshole, which is fine I dont mind.

From what I've recently read on the Twitter, they collapsed in front of others in their living room so I'm guessing suicide is not it unless it was an OD? My guess is an unnoticed brain bleed that built up overnight and caused a sudden collapse?
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    From what I've recently read on the Twitter, they collapsed in front of others in their living room so I'm guessing suicide is not it unless it was an OD? My guess is an unnoticed brain bleed that built up overnight and caused a sudden collapse?
    Yes Im starting to think it was a slower brain bleed as well.

I have no idea why the news said that, and I feel really dumb for posting that.

You are correct the world will always have people like me in it just like the world will always have people like you in it. So you really aren't saying much other than calling me an asshole, which is fine I dont mind.
    I called you an asshole because of your "twisted way of life" remark. Just because someone is different from you, doesn't make them "twisted."

I don't get why some people have this mentality. The whole "Ew, that's gross because I don't get how someone can be that way." Just because you don't understand something, doesn't make it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    oh I'll bite, then I'll give you my thoughts later.

Do you think there should be tolerance?

and can you go deeper into your choice of the words "twisted way of life" please.
    I don't think there should be or will ever be tolerance for boys using the girls bathroom. It shouldn't even be an option, that's my opinion. My comment to Angie was about tolerance not someone deserving to die....I'm not sure why her thoughts went that way or why she assumed that's what I meant.

I'll make this personal........if my daughter showed up at my house today and said "Dad, my name isn't Alexis anymore my name is Alex, and I'm no longer your daughter I am your son". I'm going to tell her to get the fuck out of my house with that twisted shit and her twisted way of thinking & living". I would tell her its her life she can do what she wants but do not bring that shit into my house. Did I answer your question?

Thread Information