Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Election 2024 - Let's talk about the candidates

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    I was watching clips from Saturday Night Live and they said at this point the election felt like elder abuse and damn if that isn't the truth
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    I was watching clips from Saturday Night Live and they said at this point the election felt like elder abuse and damn if that isn't the truth
    they aren't wrong!
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    You know how they are. They want to control everyone else while doing whatever they want. If they can tell you how much more Christian they are than you, even better.
    Bible thumpers annoy me. My kid started going to church a while ago and it kind of bugs me because I don't want him to end up small minded. But so far, he never talks religious stuff at home or tries to convert me so I leave him alone about it. Hoping it's just a phase...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Bible thumpers annoy me. My kid started going to church a while ago and it kind of bugs me because I don't want him to end up small minded. But so far, he never talks religious stuff at home or tries to convert me so I leave him alone about it. Hoping it's just a phase...
    Does he go with friends and/or has he made friends there? I know a lot of churches push their youth/young adult groups.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    We've noticed two types of Trump flag fliers here. One who seems to have forgotten it's even up so it's tattered and torn and really only reads "Tr p" and the other who figures if you can have 1 trump flag why not have 20. We've noticed a decline in yard signs except in the poorer towns and villages. That in itself boggles the mind. Can't afford to survive some months but why not spend a couple hundred on flags. I only hope they aren't sending him even more $$ they can ill afford to send. I'd hate to see more evictions or children in need because their parental units decided a self proclaimed multi millionaire needed their food and heat money more than their kids did.
    I live in an upper middle class area.

Also I go to church, but dont preach shit or try to make people go.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Does he go with friends and/or has he made friends there? I know a lot of churches push their youth/young adult groups.
    He started going because a friend introduced him to it. Now he goes twice on Sundays, and he does attend youth groups and stuff. I know they have a specific one aimed at college students.

I always say "at least I don't have to worry about him partying and driving drunk or something"

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

He started going because a friend introduced him to it. Now he goes twice on Sundays, and he does attend youth groups and stuff. I know they have a specific one aimed at college students.

I always say "at least I don't have to worry about him partying and driving drunk or something"
    Well, that is true. I think it is good to have a sense of community and belonging as a young person (geez, I sound old). And if he is getting that with the church, then that is awesome.

Well, that is true. I think it is good to have a sense of community and belonging as a young person (geez, I sound old). And if he is getting that with the church, then that is awesome.
    I just worried about him getting brainwashed.

I just worried about him getting brainwashed.
    My husband's childhood best friends got sucked into a church that really brainwashed them as teenagers. It took them until they were in their 30's to see it as essentially a cult. They tried to control their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    My husband's childhood best friends got sucked into a church that really brainwashed them as teenagers. It took them until they were in their 30's to see it as essentially a cult. They tried to control their lives.
    My husband was raised in a Southern Baptist household. He went to church twice on Sundays, on Wednesday evenings and every single day during the summer for their revivals. When I say Southern Baptist, I mean they were fire and brimstone. The pastor yelled instead giving a sermon and threatened the congregation they would go to hell for whatever reason...including not tithing.

Once he left for college, he stopped church altogether. After we married and we talked about his upbringing versus mine (my parents were heathens), he was able to recognize he was essentially raised in a cult. Unfortunately, all his family (father, stepmother, sisters, nephews/nieces, etc.) are still in the cult. They think I brought the devil to him; no, I didn't bring the devil, but I did show him that there are other ways to believe and they don't always focus on an organized religion.

Here's a fun Tia fact: I used to be a youth group leader back in the day. I actually walked away from the church, really most churches, because I found the ones who considered themselves the most 'Christian' were the ones who did the most back stabbing, shit talking and lie spreading.
    I am a fan of some religions, just not for myself. I think they can give a sense of unity, of belonging and w/ the way things are now, that's not a bad thing. But religion it becomes a weapon or a ladder to look down on or hate others then I back quickly away.

My Dad used to say most wars had roots in religion. I think in a way he was correct.

my head shaker of the day: Ex-president Trump still seems to think that Hilary Clinton used actual acid or bleach on her e-mails. his interview w/ newsmax was a bit wacky and he really thinks the "chemicals" used would wipe out anything w/in 10 miles. He said and I think I've got the quote correct "They call it BleachBit, but it's essentially acid that will destroy everything within ten miles."
    If you want to enjoy the interview for yourself, it's on you tube.

I'm trying so hard to give Trump the benefit of the doubt but damn .....
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Why can't we get a president that's not eligible to be in a nursing home?!

I don't want a repeat of 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Why can't we get a president that's not eligible to be in a nursing home?!

I don't want a repeat of 2020.
    Agreed on not wanting a repeat, but this is what you get. So vote like you and your kids' future freedom and democracy depend on it, especially your little girl, because it does.

My husband and I watched a documentary the other night on Lady Bird Johnson. The reason I bring this up is in the documentary, you can see where there is a great divide between parties back then (early-mid-late 60s). There were issues of racism, poverty, etc. The exact same issues we are seeing now, so nothing changes regardless of who is in charge. This makes me think of a line in one of my favorite songs from The Who that says, "Meet the new boss...just the same as the old boss".

My husband and I watched a documentary the other night on Lady Bird Johnson. The reason I bring this up is in the documentary, you can see where there is a great divide between parties back then (early-mid-late 60s). There were issues of racism, poverty, etc. The exact same issues we are seeing now, so nothing changes regardless of who is in charge. This makes me think of a line in one of my favorite songs from The Who that says, "Meet the new boss...just the same as the old boss".
    I would agree with that for the most part, except Trumpers. Neither party in the past has cozied up to fascists and dictators, attempted to pull us out of all of our treaties and NATO accord, makes policies when he clearly doesn't understand the first thing about how the law works, used the office for personal retaliation in such a brazen fashion, attempted to overthrow a democratically elected new president and members of Congress, etc.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...say-rcna143860

Trump has been unable to get bond for $464 million judgment, his lawyers say

Essentially it sounds like the people who issue the bonds think that he WILL have to pay the whole thing in the future and they think he doesn't have the money and they know that he lies and has a long list of creditors. He is essentially being seen by the bond issuers as a deadbeat that isn't worth taking the risk for.

The great divide has always been with us since the beginning of time & it will always be with us regardless of which party someone claims. You are right, nothing will ever change.

Thread Information