Thread: Jerri Roby (66) facing murder charge after police say they found her son's body, John Allen Gaither (42), hidden behind a false wall

Jerri Roby (66) facing murder charge after police say they found her son's body, John Allen Gaither (42), hidden behind a false wall

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/21/us/mi...all/index.html

Jerri Roby, who also goes by the last name Israel, is facing one count of first-degree murder after authorities found the body of her 42-year-old son, John Allen Gaither, behind the wall in her Gulfport home, Gulfport Police Department spokesman Jason DuCr? told CNN Sunday.

Authorities started investigating on December 22, 2023, after one of Gaither?s out-of-state relatives called to report him missing, DuCr? said, noting the last known contact anyone had made with Gaither was on December 10.

Police started investigating, conducted several follow-ups and ?began noticing discrepancies in statements provided by Isreal [sic]. Throughout the course of the investigation, Isreal [sic] became increasingly uncooperative and changed her statements multiple times,? a news release from Gulfport police reads.

Roby had previously been convicted of murder in Florida around 1995, and ?made several attempts to dump the deceased subject at different locations throughout Florida,? authorities said in the news release. Police then say they obtained a search warrant.
    Detectives and crime scene technicians conducted the search of her home on January 18, the release said. As detectives walked into her home, Roby ingested a handful of unspecified pills, which prompted the need for her to be transported to a hospital for medical treatment, DuCr? said.

?During the search of the residence, a wooden box containing a deceased subject, later identified as John Allen Gaither, was located behind a false wall,? the news release states.

DuCr? said Roby attempted to cover up the crime by writing notes to family members, where she posed as her son, saying he was OK. Multiple homemade wooden boxes were found at the house and in the garage, DuCr? said.

So was she cashing in on a check for him? or just hiding his murder? I wonder how they found him, it must have smelled.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm getting creepy Edgar Allen Poe vibes from this.

She did serve time for her earlier murder. I'm wondering if there are more than two?
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    There's plenty of other hobbies to choose from. Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I believe this is John's father: https://www.facebook.com/major.gaither

Thread Information