Thread: Catorreia Hutto (31) died after jumping off the Lake Jesup bridge, her five year old twins were found dead in their beds at home

Catorreia Hutto (31) died after jumping off the Lake Jesup bridge, her five year old twins were found dead in their beds at home

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...er-lake-jesup/

Five-year-old twins were found dead Friday in a home in Sanford after a woman leapt to her death off the State Road 417 bridge over Lake Jesup near Oviedo, sheriff?s officials said.

Seminole County Sheriff Dennis M. Lemma said that it?s believed the double murder-suicide took place early Friday.

Deputies were called to the S.R. 417 bridge around 8:45 a.m. when a motorist spotted a car pulled over on the shoulder of the bridge and a woman sliding out of the passenger-side window before jumping into the water, said Lemma, who identified the woman as 31-year-old Catorreia Hutto.

Lemma said deputies spotted the woman floating in the water and summoned two nearby fishermen, one of whom happened to be an off-duty Seminole County firefighter, to recover the body.
    https://www.wesh.com/article/seminol...icide/45910315

The medical examiner listed the cause of the twins' deaths as homicide, according to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies said the medical examiner also reported there were "findings consistent with asphyxia death."

According to the sheriff's office, there were no findings in the toxicology results that suggested the twins were poisoned.
    The other story I posted out of Miami reminds me so much of this story. I still don't know how this woman killed herself jumping off the Lake Jesup bridge. Yes, that lake has one of the highest gator counts in Florida (it's where they dump nuisance gators) but the bridge isn't much higher than a normal roadway. When you drive over it you are barely higher than the water.

Her obit: https://www.tallahassee.com/obituaries/psar0607107

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...der-twins.html

According to the witness who phoned the police - Hutto climbed out of the passenger seat window after parking her silver car on the SR-417 bridge into Lake Jesup and then jumped in.

The twins - Ahmed and Ava Jackson - have special needs. The little boy and girl had not been to school since October 13, according to Sherriff Dennis Lemma.

According to deputies, the house did not have much food or furniture - they suggested this might indicate that the family was struggling financially.

Hutto had acquired her home through a nonprofit charity, Habitat for Humanity, known for building houses for people who can't afford them.

Hutto's mother revealed that her daughter had faced a lifelong battle with depression but there were no outward signs of rapid decline or worrying reports, according to the Sheriff's office and the Florida Department of Children and Families.

The mother-of-two had been working for a temp agency doing clerical jobs and had been seen at work just a few days earlier, Lemma said.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 02-03-2024 at 10:03 AM.

Maybe she couldnt swim?

Ok I just read a story about a mom that killed her twins and jumped of a bridge, but survived. But those kids were dead in the car.

wtf is this a trend?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Damn. Poor kids. When shit like this happens people usually say if you wanna kill yourself go ahead but leave the kids for someone else to take care of....and that was my first thought when I saw this article. Then I read the part where the kids have issues so it makes sense why she killed them, she didn't want to burden anyone else. But damn children are the greatest. Poor kids.

Not having enough money, probably a single mother, 2 disabled kids, depression, it was just too much for her.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

Ok I just read a story about a mom that killed her twins and jumped of a bridge, but survived. But those kids were dead in the car.
    You mean like in my post above where I literally said "The other story I posted out of Miami reminds me so much of this story" talking about that story?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    You mean like in my post above where I literally said "The other story I posted out of Miami reminds me so much of this story" talking about that story?
    I didnt see that, reading comprehension fail

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    [QUOTE=Angiebla;3855990]Not having enough money, probably a single mother, 2 disabled kids, depression, it was just too much for her.[/QUOT"E]

This is also known as "Why the US is a shithole third world cesspool", in a nutshell. On the outside, it's great, as long as you have money. But if you're struggling and in a Republican controlled area, you have access to zero public assistance. Texas is the same way. They make it exceptionally difficult to find resources to do simple shit, like feed your babies.

That shouldn't happen in the richest country on Earth. But the wealthy are only concerned with obtaining more wealth, because, well, they're shit humans to a large extent.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Not having enough money, probably a single mother, 2 disabled kids, depression, it was just too much for her.
    I can't imagine a sense of helplessness and despair so overwhelming that this seemed to be her only solution. heart breaking.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

I would have an anxiety attack trying to cross that bridge. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I know there is no rhyme or reason with these types of cases, but I can never understand why a parent would kill their own child(ren).

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I know there is no rhyme or reason with these types of cases, but I can never understand why a parent would kill their own child(ren).
    I can never understand it either, just no, killing your own child is the worst thing a human can do. Sometimes its done because the parent is pure evil & sometimes it has to do with some type of mental issue. Either way its wrong wrong wrong. I have a friend who murdered her son she was mental psychosis, she's in prison doing 25 to life.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    I can never understand it either, just no, killing your own child is the worst thing a human can do. Sometimes its done because the parent is pure evil & sometimes it has to do with some type of mental issue. Either way its wrong wrong wrong. I have a friend who murdered her son she was mental psychosis, she's in prison doing 25 to life.
    If she was psychotic, she couldnt differentiate real vs unreal. Didnt her lawyer argue that for her?

If she was psychotic, she couldnt differentiate real vs unreal. Didnt her lawyer argue that for her?
    Yes they did argue that for her....everyone was in agreement (the defense and their team of dr's & the prosecution and their team of dr's) that she suffered from short term mental psychosis. But that didn't mean she would walk free. The prosecution asked for 50 years to life, the judge gave her 25 years. She murdered her son gotta do the time.

Thread Information