Thread: 3 UID bodies found in car in retention pond in South Florida

3 UID bodies found in car in retention pond in South Florida

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...d/72152628007/

A volunteer group of sonar enthusiasts say they've found the remains of three people in a car pulled from a retention pond in South Florida.

The volunteer group, Sunshine State Sonar, notified the Sunrise Police Department of their Saturday discovery, made during a search for a car in connection with the unrelated cold case of a missing woman, according to a Facebook post about the find.

Sunshine State Sonar said there were three bodies found in the car, which was located in a 24-foot deep retention pond in front of the Sawgrass Mills Mall in the city of Sunshine.
    I would think this would be a fairly easy identification, since the car has a license plate and how many cases have 3 missing people? I have been watching this for a couple of days though and so far they haven't made an ID.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

I would think this would be a fairly easy identification, since the car has a license plate and how many cases have 3 missing people? I have been watching this for a couple of days though and so far they haven't made an ID.
    That is weird, maybe they were immigrants?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

I could have sworn I saw on FB that there was one person identified. Maybe I am dreaming though.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

Unless it was a murder, removed the plates and they dumped the car there. You still have the VIN# to go by, but it's not as easy to find anything connected to missing persons using that.

I'm going with the murder and dump theory. Doesn't explain how three people being reported missing not being a red flag, but might slow down the process.

I foresee an uptick in retention pond finds since it seems like it's a hot topic in the media lately. I'm not mad at it. It'll answer a lot of questions for families and anything that's a distraction from the political disaster right now is more than welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I could have sworn I saw on FB that there was one person identified. Maybe I am dreaming though.
    They found three different cars and I think the occupants of the other two cars were identified, but I can't find anything on this one that ID's any of the occupants. They are the same group that found Sandra Lemire, her car was one of the two identified.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 01-11-2024 at 09:42 AM.

3 different cars with 3 different bodies

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

They found three different cars and I think the occupants of the other two cars were identified, but I can't find anything on this one that ID's any of the occupants. They are the same group that found Sandra Lemire, her car was one of the two identified.
    Ah, okay...that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    3 different cars with 3 different bodies
    No, three different cars but one of them had 3 bodies in it I believe. Five bodies total among the three cars. I'm telling you, retention ponds are deadly in FL.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...ll/ar-AA1mIRhN

A vehicle with three dead people was discovered in a retention pond in front of a big shopping mall in Florida.

The 1983 Oldsmobile with ‘multiple deceased occupants’ was found on Saturday morning using sonar in a pond in front of the Sawgrass Mills mall in Sunrise, according to the volunteer group Sunshine State Sonar.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 01-11-2024 at 04:15 PM.

No, three different cars but one of them had 3 bodies in it I believe. Five bodies total among the three cars. I'm telling you, retention ponds are deadly in FL.
    So why isnt it their go-to spot for missing persons? Is there too many of them?

Yes. They do look in them some but there are tons of them. Look at the picture I posted in the Sandra Lemire case. It's like that all over the place in Florida.

Yes, they are everywhere. One year a young woman (want to say she had just graduated from high school) went missing in my area. It ended up she had accidentally driven into a man-made pond near a ritzy golf community. She quite literally was in an area that was very well populated and visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Yes, they are everywhere. One year a young woman (want to say she had just graduated from high school) went missing in my area. It ended up she had accidentally driven into a man-made pond near a ritzy golf community. She quite literally was in an area that was very well populated and visible.
    How long did it take them to find her?

How long did it take them to find her?
    I want to say it was a few weeks, if not a month or so. It was really surprising because I drove by that pond every single day.

No update on the ID of these bodies, but I am posting this for Angiebla. This is from an article about the group that found these submerged cars.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s/72149511007/

1,735 missing people in Florida's 7,500 lakes and 76,000 stormwater ponds

Florida is covered in water. In addition to the 7,500 lakes and 12,000 miles of waterways, a 2020 survey cited by the University of Florida found 76,000 artificial ponds for stormwater drainage in the state.

That means there are lots of places to look for clues for Florida's 1,735 missing persons cases.

Sullivan sifts through databases like the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs), The Charley Project and Map the Missing, filtering out those who vanished with their car.

He has help sorting through the thousands of ponds where these cars could be hiding, the equivalent of Spider-Man's "guy in the chair." Her name is Shelly Ranae, and from her post in Virginia, she pores over satellite maps year by year, looking for bodies of water on routes the missing could have taken that have remained filled since the person was last seen.

These aren't always obvious. Many ponds for storm drainage in Florida are more like glorified puddles, dotting major roadways and new housing developments. Sunshine State Sonar found Sandra Lemire's car, missing since 2012, under 14 feet of water that collected in the corner of a highway onramp near Disney World.

Once they get a hit for a car on his radar, Sullivan or one of the other volunteer divers he occasionally collaborates with suits up. They brave waters with sewage, litter and sometimes alligators to crawl the dirty depths in search of someone's loved one. He said he has located nearly a dozen bodies in submerged cars since he started in July 2021, and it is always those final moments before discovery that are most intense.

"My stress level was through the roof" before he dived and found Lemire's car, Sullivan told USA TODAY. "I had to sit down, catch my breath and just calm myself down before I got in that water. ... But you have to do it ... like this is the end, we have to find out if this is her car or it's belonging to another case."

No update on the ID of these bodies, but I am posting this for Angiebla. This is from an article about the group that found these submerged cars.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s/72149511007/

1,735 missing people in Florida's 7,500 lakes and 76,000 stormwater ponds

Florida is covered in water. In addition to the 7,500 lakes and 12,000 miles of waterways, a 2020 survey cited by the University of Florida found 76,000 artificial ponds for stormwater drainage in the state.

That means there are lots of places to look for clues for Florida's 1,735 missing persons cases.

Sullivan sifts through databases like the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs), The Charley Project and Map the Missing, filtering out those who vanished with their car.

He has help sorting through the thousands of ponds where these cars could be hiding, the equivalent of Spider-Man's "guy in the chair." Her name is Shelly Ranae, and from her post in Virginia, she pores over satellite maps year by year, looking for bodies of water on routes the missing could have taken that have remained filled since the person was last seen.

These aren't always obvious. Many ponds for storm drainage in Florida are more like glorified puddles, dotting major roadways and new housing developments. Sunshine State Sonar found Sandra Lemire's car, missing since 2012, under 14 feet of water that collected in the corner of a highway onramp near Disney World.

Once they get a hit for a car on his radar, Sullivan or one of the other volunteer divers he occasionally collaborates with suits up. They brave waters with sewage, litter and sometimes alligators to crawl the dirty depths in search of someone's loved one. He said he has located nearly a dozen bodies in submerged cars since he started in July 2021, and it is always those final moments before discovery that are most intense.

"My stress level was through the roof" before he dived and found Lemire's car, Sullivan told USA TODAY. "I had to sit down, catch my breath and just calm myself down before I got in that water. ... But you have to do it ... like this is the end, we have to find out if this is her car or it's belonging to another case."

We need more volunteers like Sullivan. He risks a lot going down there. Do they tow the whole car up? How can he see if theres a body at that depth?

Thread Information