Thread: Suspect identified in 2 of the murders linked to the Colonial Park Murders and one other unrelated strangling case in Hampton, VA

Suspect identified in 2 of the murders linked to the Colonial Park Murders and one other unrelated strangling case in Hampton, VA

I thought we had a thread on the Colonial Parkway murders, but maybe I am dreaming that and just read about it on other sites. I used to live near there and had never heard of it before we moved there.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alan-wi...rginia-police/

A smalltime fisherman who died in 2017 has been linked to three cold-case homicides in Virginia from the 1980s, including two that were among a series of unsolved slayings of couples known as the "Colonial Parkway Murders," law enforcement officials announced Monday.

Virginia State Police identified the suspect as Alan W. Wilmer Sr., but offered few details about how he's tied to the killings, which occurred in 1987 and 1989, or when he became a suspect. However, authorities said Wilmer would be charged if he were alive.
    In 1987, David Knobling, 20, and Robin Edwards, 14, were found fatally shot near the south bank of the James River in Isle of Wight County.

Geller said no forensic or physical evidence currently links that double homicide to the others, although the other cases remain active.
    Wilmer was also identified as the suspect in the 1989 slaying of Teresa Lynn Spaw Howell, 29, in the city of Hampton. Her strangulation death is not linked to the Colonial Parkway killings.

Howell's body was found at a construction site about 11 miles from where Knobling and Edwards were found nearly two years before. Howell was last seen outside a popular nightclub.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Wow. This is huge.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    It's a shame that they didn't catch him sooner. He literally got away with murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I am just wondering if he is really connected to the actual Colonial Parkway murders, since the two that they have connected him to are really outliers in that series of murders. These murders have fascinated me forever and I think there is a lot of coverup that has gone on with them. I know at one point recently an LE guy was being looked at in connection with them.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I am just wondering if he is really connected to the actual Colonial Parkway murders, since the two that they have connected him to are really outliers in that series of murders. These murders have fascinated me forever and I think there is a lot of coverup that has gone on with them. I know at one point recently an LE guy was being looked at in connection with them.
    I would love to learn more about the murders.

So I am reading that they don't think he is connected to the actual couples murders that have traditionally been labeled the Colonial Parkway murders.

From 2021, info on the cases:
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ime-doc-oxygen

Virginia’s horrifying Colonial Parkway murders can still be solved decades later with new leads, doc reveals
    The cases are now the subject of a new four-part true-crime docu-series on Oxygen titled 'Lovers’ Lane Murders'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonial_Parkway_murders

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    So I am reading that they don't think he is connected to the actual couples murders that have traditionally been labeled the Colonial Parkway murders.

From 2021, info on the cases:
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ime-doc-oxygen

Virginia’s horrifying Colonial Parkway murders can still be solved decades later with new leads, doc reveals
    The cases are now the subject of a new four-part true-crime docu-series on Oxygen titled 'Lovers’ Lane Murders'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonial_Parkway_murders

so yes but not yes.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    so yes but not yes.
    That's what I think and what they have said so far.

Thread Information