Thread: David Schultz (53) missing from Sac City, IA area since 11/21/23; his loaded semi truck was found abandoned 10 miles from his destination

David Schultz (53) missing from Sac City, IA area since 11/21/23; his loaded semi truck was found abandoned 10 miles from his destination

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...h/71835712007/

David Schultz, 53, was reported missing on Nov. 21, according to the Sac County Sheriff's Office, one of three law enforcement agencies investigating the man's disappearance.

Officials said his red semi was found along a rural highway in northwest Iowa, its trailer still filled with baby pigs he was transporting to Sac City, about 110 miles northwest of the state's capital of Des Moines.

"He never made it to his destination," his sister-in-law, Emily Bogue, wrote on Facebook.
    The United Cajun Navy, a non-profit organization based in Baton Rouge that leads search and rescue teams reported the search area has encompassed more than 100,000 acres around the area where Schultz's truck was found.

"Unfortunately we did not find the answers we are all hoping and praying for so much," the group posted on Facebook Monday. "We feel we may have exhausted any potential search locations in the area."
    https://apnews.com/article/iowa-miss...ab4c303776de03

David Schultz?s semi-truck was found two weeks ago on a rural highway in northwest Iowa, its trailer still filled with baby pigs he was transporting. Schultz?s wallet and phone were inside, and his jacket was on the side of the road.

But Schultz was nowhere to be found, and his Nov. 21 disappearance outside Sac City remains a mystery.

His wife said something must have gone wrong, calling the 53-year-old father of two a dependable man with a strong work ethic.
    Schultz, of Wall Lake, didn?t arrive as expected with the load of pigs on Nov. 21 in Sac City, Iowa, a small farming town about 90 miles (145 km) northwest of Des Moines. No one could get him on the phone.

The truck was found later that afternoon, less than 10 miles northeast of his destination, a livestock dealer in Sac City, according to Jake Rowley, the regional team leader of United Cajun Navy, a nonprofit search-and-rescue organization which typically responds to natural disasters.

Well that's not good. I wonder what happened. I'm guessing he didn't run out of gas or else that would've been mentioned. Maybe he picked up the wrong hitchhiker? Do people even still do that?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I saw this on FB last week. There is another man, Mark Riesberg, who was missing in the area, but has since been found dead. I am not sure if they are related though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Well that's not good. I wonder what happened. I'm guessing he didn't run out of gas or else that would've been mentioned. Maybe he picked up the wrong hitchhiker? Do people even still do that?
    Everything I?ve read has said the truck was found pointing to the opposite direction he was supposed to be heading so I don?t think it was a gas situation.

https://www.thegazette.com/news/atto...lizing-effect/

Social media users have since taken a standoffish tone with law enforcement, including the Sac County Sheriff's Office, on the case. In December, Sac County Sheriff Ken McClure lamented "a whole bunch of keyboard detectives and Perry Masons out here" second-guessing the work of officers.

Smith said that, in his experience, few if any missing-persons cases or cold cases have been pursued as tirelessly as Schultz's disappearance.

"I know probably about six or seven officers and investigators that didn't have a Thanksgiving," he said. "They were working on this the whole time. I was one of them. The same for Christmas, a lot of time that normally would be spent with families, was spent expending extra hours in searching, trying to find David."

Last week, the Sac County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to use $25,000 of American Rescue Plan funds for a reward for information leading to Schultz. That dollar figure, Smith said, was an amount the county felt it could comfortably allocate out of its share of federal American Rescue Plan Act dollars.

Smith said that, from his reading of the law and U.S. Treasury Department regulations, the county is permitted to use its federal COVID-19 recovery funds in this manner. Municipalities have a fairly wide discretion in how they choose to use up to $10 million of these funds; Sac County received less than $1.9 million in total.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    A man is missing and he felt the need to state officers didn't have a Thanksgiving or Christmas. I get it, they are human and have families. However, their work is not on a 9-5 Monday through Friday type of schedule. David also missed Thanksgiving and Christmas with his loved ones.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    A man is missing and he felt the need to state officers didn't have a Thanksgiving or Christmas. I get it, they are human and have families. However, their work is not on a 9-5 Monday through Friday type of schedule. David also missed Thanksgiving and Christmas with his loved ones.
    EXACTLY. Are we supposed to feel bad for them having to actually DO THEIR FUCKING JOB? Honestly. They signed up for this work.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information