Thread: Tyler Barlow, Caleb Wilkinson and Dalton Conway went missing during fishing trip

Tyler Barlow, Caleb Wilkinson and Dalton Conway went missing during fishing trip

I've been following this missing people's case somewhat since it's local.
    It's definitely not looking good.
    If they're ever found, it'll probably be a recovery since they've been gone for over a month.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...n-intensifies/

LOCAL NEWS
    ?We are not gonna stop looking for these boys ever?: Family search for missing Georgia fishermen continues Tuesday
    Search continues Tuesday; Family searching near Matanzas Inlet
    Scott Johnson, Reporter/weekend anchor

Aleesia Hatcher, Multimedia Journalist

Published: November 20, 2023 at 5:08 PM
    Updated: November 21, 2023 at 7:49 AM

Debris from boat of 3 missing fishermen found off coast of St. Augustine; Search resumes Monday
    'I'm going to fight': Families of 3 missing boaters continue search in hopes of finding their sons
    Family of 3 missing Brunswick boaters hires private crews to pick up where the Coast Guard left off

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. ? Family members of three missing fishermen who disappeared more than a month ago off the coast of Brunswick are feverishly scouring the coasts of St. Johns County.

This comes after debris from their boat was discovered in the water off the coast of St. Johns County Sunday. On Monday, the United Cajun Navy, who found the fish box of the boat, posted a photo of a possible life raft seen in the water.

The search continued Tuesday morning after the discovery.

The Coast Guard said the missing men are Tyler Barlow, Caleb Wilkinson and Dalton Conway. Kim Jones is Tyler?s mom.

Although it is not confirmed if the life raft belonged to the Carol Ann boat, Jones said it?s a sign to keep up the fight.

?I believe that my son, our children, our sons are in a raft. The fight that I?m expecting them, our boys to fight with every bit that they?ve got. I?m going to do the same,? Jones said.

She along with family and friends walked along the beaches and waterways off St. Johns County all day, ending the search for the night.

?We came out here to walk the beaches, search the beaches, see if there?s any debris. With seeing that fish bin surface, there would possibly be other things washing ashore,? Jones said.

With a shirt that shows the boat, the Carol Ann, and the hashtag ?Won?t Stop,? Jones says the discovery of the boat?s fish box has given them their first glimmer of hope. They spent a lot of time in the area around the Matanzas Inlet Monday, after reports of a possible life raft circulated on social media.

?It?s pretty emotional because it?s been a month, and see some type of debris that was identified and confirmed to be part of the Carol Ann. So, just praying and hoping they?re in the life raft and that would be following the same trajectory as the bin,? Jones said.

The fishing box that was found is what fishermen store their fish in. Bill Edinger is with the Freedom Boat Club. He said he was not surprised it was found floating.

?A fish box is going to be insulated, pretty much an all foam box, you would normally put your fish catch in. For commercial fishing 4-5 days, it would stay insulated. A lot of ice,? Edinger said.

Now family members and friends continue their feverish search of the coast, hoping for a miracle.

When we asked Jones why her shirt said ?Won?t Stop? -- she said, ?Because we won?t stop. We?re not gonna stop looking for them and believing that God can sustain them. We?re never gonna stop looking for these boys ever.?

As far as the Coast Guard, they did temporarily renew their search after the fish box was discovered. They have put out an urgent alert to all mariners in the area to keep an eye out and they will resume their search if anything is discovered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I was wondering if you would post this since it's local. I've been following it since it happened. I was surprised they found anything from the boat, but I don't think they will find them.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I was wondering if you would post this since it's local. I've been following it since it happened. I was surprised they found anything from the boat, but I don't think they will find them.
    I debated on posting since it's been a month. I really feel sorry for their families especially the pregnant girlfriend.

Stevie Conway, who is the girlfriend to Caleb Wilkinson and the sister of Dalton Conway, also posted to her Facebook, a more hopeful message. She announced that she was four months pregnant at the end of October. "I'm so blessed and thankful to be carrying our sweet baby as an extension of you," Conway wrote.

This is not the first time this has happened. They never find the bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    This is not the first time this has happened. They never find the bodies.
    I keep thinking about this case.

https://people.com/human-interest/fl...what-happened/

Fuck boats.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

My kid can go on a boat on a lake, but never on the ocean.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

And here's the GoFundMe set up by Dalton's sister (looks to also have been in a relationship with Caleb): https://www.gofundme.com/f/continued...ource=facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    And here's the GoFundMe set up by Dalton's sister (looks to also have been in a relationship with Caleb): https://www.gofundme.com/f/continued...ource=facebook
    What kind of boat was this. Is there a lower deck with a bed? They planned to be away for 4 days. I thought it was just a regular fishing boat.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What kind of boat was this. Is there a lower deck with a bed? They planned to be away for 4 days. I thought it was just a regular fishing boat.

https://people.com/3-men-disappear-d...-coast-8367335

Thats a nice boat, how did it get decimated? A storm?

There are some additional photos of the boat here. Any word on a dog being onboard that anyone has heard?

https://boatwatch.org/top-articles/s...-fv-carol-ann/

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    There are some additional photos of the boat here. Any word on a dog being onboard that anyone has heard?

https://boatwatch.org/top-articles/s...-fv-carol-ann/
    That's not a very big boat and it's doesn't look very new. I'm positive that it sank and they went with it. I'm also concerned about the dogs, of course. It looks like they took them with them a lot. I hope that they weren't with them. Ron is fuming right now.

These guys are long gone. They won't find them at this point, although they did eventually find that woman's body after a month out at sea here in Ireland. So anything is possible, but they're definitely dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

That's not a very big boat and it's doesn't look very new. I'm positive that it sank and they went with it. I'm also concerned about the dogs, of course. It looks like they took them with them a lot. I hope that they weren't with them. Ron is fuming right now.

These guys are long gone. They won't find them at this point, although they did eventually find that woman's body after a month out at sea here in Ireland. So anything is possible, but they're definitely dead.
    Like you, I always think about the dogs. Agree, the boat was not new and not very big. Three grown men and possibly a dog. Ugh.

There's never been mention of a dog on the boat.
    There's been mention of a rescue beacon never being used, but now I hear a life raft was spotted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fir...2-a5f2c9fadfd5

Here's a missing page for them on FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61552732509427

Can't post a picture, but here is what was just shared. It is Caleb's birthday.

We just to take a moment to wish one of our boys, Caleb Wilkinson, a happy 28th birthday! Caleb loves his family and is a soon-to-be dad to baby Levi with his girlfriend, Stevie! He also loves music festivals, sports, and breakfast.
    As you all can imagine, today is extra hard for Caleb’s loved ones. We ask that you send them some extra love and prayers today. Caleb is loved and missed so much. There is a lot of heartbreak going on right now. Jennifer, Cameron, Stevie, as well as other loved ones are so thankful for the outpouring of support everyone has provided thus far.
    Caleb’s mom, Jennifer, asks that anyone with a funny, sweet, or crazy memory (“PG-13 of course”) of Caleb to please share it. You can share these memories in the comments of this post or to her personal page.

Here are a few of the pictures. So sad. He seemed so excited to become a Dad

That pic with the ultrasound is so sad.

I want to clear something up, did they find parts of the boat besides the "fish cooler"?

That pic with the ultrasound is so sad.

I want to clear something up, did they find parts of the boat besides the "fish cooler"?
    The pictures are terribly sad.

From what I gathered looking on family FB pages yesterday, no, they have not found anything else yet.

The pictures are terribly sad.

From what I gathered looking on family FB pages yesterday, no, they have not found anything else yet.
    Could the boat be intact somewhere!?! I know, wishful thinking.

Could the boat be intact somewhere!?! I know, wishful thinking.
    This long afterward? I really don't think so. It's not like the place is chock full of deserted islands in that area. I'm sure it just went down and it's at the bottom somewhere. Unless they had hit something, there would be no wreckage that would float away. Just items that were loose that were on deck and buoyant would float off to be discovered. The rest would just sink to the bottom intact. It makes sense that they just sunk if all they're finding is stuff like coolers or plastic cups etc.

They're sleeping with the fishes, sadly.

Thread Information