Thread: David Renteria executed for killing 5 year old girl in 2001

David Renteria executed for killing 5 year old girl in 2001

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-man...013806835.html

HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP) — A Texas man convicted of abducting and strangling a 5-year-old girl who was taken from a Walmart store while her family was doing their Christmas shopping in 2001 was executed Thursday evening.

David Renteria, 53, was pronounced dead at 7:11 p.m. CST after a chemical injection at the state penitentiary in Huntsville for the deat of Alexandra Flores. He prayed, sang and asked for forgiveness before the drugs began flowing.

“I’m sorry for all the wrongs I have done. And for those wo have called for my death, who are about to murder me, I forgive you,” he said in a final statement.

Prosecutors said Flores, the youngest of eight children, was with family on a shopping excursion to the El Paso store on Nov. 18, 2001, when she was led from the store by Renteria, strangled and her body set on fire. The child’s remains were found the next day in an alley some 16 miles (25 kilometers) away.
    He was put down with barbiturates, which animals are euthanized with. He had a pretty painless death.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Im glad he forgives those who are going to kill him *eyeroll* he got the same drug animals get to be euthanized. He had a painless death, unlike his victim.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information