Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do YOU love Jonathan Brandis?

Olivia

How much do YOU love Jonathan Brandis?

Okay I know that MDS people sometimes cop alot of flak for being morbid necrophiliacs etc, so next time someone gives you a hard time direct them to this forum.  We came across it the other day while looking for more info on his suicide. http://jonathanbrandis.drinavurbic.com/forum/index.php

The forum includes such pearlers as :

Does Jonathan come to you in your dreams?

If you could give Jonathan a present, what would it be?

The posts are of another realm.

Let's start with this one about Jonathan's taste in women.

"It's funny...have you ever noticed that the girls Jon dated all had one thing in common? They all have very large boobs....lol. He obviously was a boob guy."

Olivia

Re: How much do YOU love Jonathan Brandis?

For those of you who may have been unfortunate enough to forget who Jonathan is/was -

Hahahhah yessssssssss.  I've been waiting so long (minutes) for you to finally post this.

I think this one is really one of the classics, with the last part being my favorite:

With Jons birthday coming up in April, I wondered if you guys are gonna be doing anything special this month to celebrate Jonathans life? I, so far planned, am going to buy Seaquest (On his birthday so watching it will be super special), Ladybugs, and Born Free.

Also, I'm going to get my Belly Button pierced this month, and instead of taking my normal Jack Wild photo (I take it whenever I'm nervous) I'm going to slip a picture of Jonathan in my wallet.

this site is my new happy place for those times when i've lost faith in humanity

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=8821.msg464462#msg464462 date=1184817396]
    Okay I know that MDS people sometimes cop alot of flak for being morbid necrophiliacs etc, so next time someone gives you a hard time direct them to this forum.  We came across it the other day while looking for more info on his suicide. http://jonathanbrandis.drinavurbic.com/forum/index.php

The forum includes such pearlers as :

Does Jonathan come to you in your dreams?

If you could give Jonathan a present, what would it be?

The posts are of another realm.

Let's start with this one about Jonathan's taste in women.

"It's funny...have you ever noticed that the girls Jon dated all had one thing in common? They all have very large boobs....lol. He obviously was a boob guy."
    [/quote]

Hey.  They do plenty of important research there apparently:

"The first season DVD of the show Kate and Allie is selling at Best Buy (this week it's $16.99 USD). There are six episodes included on the one disc - but Jonathan was in episode #3 as "Chip's friend". It MAY be his earliest appearance on a regular TV show, as it's posted as being in 1984 - making Jonathan a front-toothless eight years old.

I didn't watch K&A during the 80's, so I'm not sure how long his part is - or even if he has lines.

Maybe someone else remembers..."

Me?  I don't remember.

now that's he's dead?
    i dig him up and love him lots
    i don&#39;t even give a care<br />Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one&#39;s definition of your life; define yourself

:lol: :lol: :lol:

&quot;A friend of mine thinks I'm obsessed with Jonathan. I wasn't sure where to put this. I told her I wasn't obsessed. She won't believe me and assumes I need to admit it. I really don't think I'm obsessed with him. She was like, &quot;you found his friends!&quot; I'm thinking...like I purposely meant to! sarcastically thinking It just happened!.... More like his friends found me! I wasn't stalking! Although, that could go both ways? I don't think she really gets it. I don't know if I'd be considered a fan since I've only seen like....3 of his movies. Wait 2. Wait 3. I don't know...anyway...out of the 30 roles he had or however many it was.&quot;

It says on the home page of that site---&quot;In memory of Jonathon Brandis and Brian McArthur&quot;.

Who's Brian McArthur?
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

HAHAHAH, this is talking about how people can't get through the movie Passion of the Christ because the hanging scene with Judas bothered them too much, especially since that heartless Mel Gibson released the movie so close to Jonathon's deathaversary:

Judas's death isn't exactly a surprise, of course, for anyone knowing the Biblical account, but even knowing the story, the movie release was just too close to Jon's death. The Crucifixion isn't exactly pleasant, but it's a little more remote than the suicide - which was fresh in my mind at the time and kept me from becoming involved in the story being presented - too much apprehension of Judas's last scene.

Olivia

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=8821.msg464478#msg464478 date=1184818061]
    It says on the home page of that site---&quot;In memory of Jonathon Brandis and Brian McArthur&quot;.

Who's Brian McArthur?
    [/quote]

I am on the way to become a JB expert!

Brian McArthur was a member of their forum who died.

Jess - do you have the darwin tribute that someone posted to Brian?

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=8821.msg464485#msg464485 date=1184818205]

[/quote]

:lol:

A tribute to Brian:

&quot;For the short time Brian and I shared a friendship, he leaves me with lots of memories.&quot; - Darwin the dolphin

Liv and Jess be careful!&nbsp; i don't want to lose you two to the JB side

Olivia

Oh my god.

Every post just gets better.

&quot;I wanted this to be a surprise for all of you once it was finished, but I need help from Jon's fans on the project!

I've mentioned before how much of an influence/memory,etc Jon was on my life and I wanted to showcase how I feel about him as a fan so I want to create a doll for him. It will be an ongoing project that I plan to save up for.

I am doing a project, a tribute one for Jonathan. It is a rather unique project, it will be a doll.
    These dolls are called ball jointed dolls from Asia. They can be fully customizable in areas of their hair (wigs), eyes, and makeup/faceup features.

Once I pick the doll, I can submit it with a photo of Jon, they will make up the face accordingly (by this i mean, the blush, eyebrows, eyelashes, and lips.)
    THen I will work on the wig after that.
    For clothes, I've decided to sew or find a bjd seamstress to recreate the flannel shirts and other signature outfits of Jon's.
    The doll will be in the style of the 90s around the time of Seaquest! &quot;

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=8821.msg464485#msg464485 date=1184818205]

[/quote]

Did you check for a Myspace?

[quote author=eggson link=topic=8821.msg464490#msg464490 date=1184818446]
    Liv and Jess be careful!&nbsp; i don't want to lose you two to the JB side
    [/quote]

Hahahahha - I think it's too late!

An update from Liv's post:

UPDATES*
    I apologize for not updating this thread on the status.
    I've decided to saveup for the doll now.
    So far I have $9.00. I need aobut 580-600, thats the price range.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Olivia

&quot;one night, I cried for Jon. I felt very sad, because I was saying to myself “Zéfirus, Jon’s not going to see you. Let him be with his other friends, because there’s people who need him more than you do!”. And I said “OK brother, go to your real friends, and with the ones who need you more than me, even if it hurts me”.
    I felt very sad that night. When I feel sad, I use to go and sit down outside, to look up to the sky. For some reason, I said, like a kind of prayer: “Jon, if you can here me, and if you wish, please, come to me…”

But nothing happened.

I said, “no way, this kind of things just occur on movies and TV, I’d better go to sleep”

It was in that very moment, when the sky changed suddenly. All of the clouds started to move in some kind of circle, until they got the shape of a perfect human eye!!!, I couldn’t believe that!!!, I just pricked my arm and then I hit my face with my knuckles, so I could realize that it wasn’t some kind of hallucination. Man, that hit on my face hurt a lot!, there’s no way it was my imagination. There was actually an EYE on the sky, looking at me for almost half a minute. Then, it disappeared. &quot;

Maybe we should all pray that we get a sign from Jon&nbsp; :lol:

This is not funny and I am appalled. Making a mockery of such an influential man? RIP JB.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Olivia

[quote author=Wick link=topic=8821.msg464539#msg464539 date=1184819770]
    This is not funny and I am appalled. Making a mockery of such an influential man? RIP JB.
    [/quote]

I heard you had a supernatural experience with JB? Please share&nbsp; :-P

i'm gonna go celebrate JB's life right NOW!

:lol:&nbsp; In response to the question &quot;How did Jonathon's death change you?&quot;

well the day I found out about jon's death was also the same day I found out about the real Jonathan. Before he had just been &quot;Bill in IT&quot; to me and I was on a web site about him reading some of his quotes,thinking of how cool he was,then I saw that he had...you know. Ya ive changed, ive become more aware about suiside,im more senstive about death,and I HATE when people put there hands or anything on my neck,even if they are playing around,I freak out.
    I havent just changed because on his death, I never cared for actors or anyone like that.I mean I thought some actors where good-looking,and thought some actresses where cool,but I never never thought I would EVER like an actor an much as I like Jon.hell,it's more then just a like.

My fondest memory of JB:

When Ladybugs came out in theaters, my dad read a review in either the Daily Breeze or the LA Times that hinted at deviant cross dressing undertones, and he refused to take my sister and I to see it! Damn you, Jonathan, damn you and your cross dressing ways!
    With all this talk of thinking outside the box, I am beginning to wonder what&#039;s left inside the box. -Me

Olivia

Very disturbing.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

That's so evil, liv&nbsp;

Thread Information