Thread: Sheryl Ann Siddall (57) missing from TX since 9/12/23 - now possible murder investigation

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Sheryl Ann Siddall (57) missing from TX since 9/12/23 - now possible murder investigation

A welfare check Monday morning for a missing Liberty County woman has led to an investigation into her possible murder, authorities say. Sheryl Ann Siddall, 57, of Horseshoe Lake Estates north of Romayor, last spoke to her family members on Sept. 12.

Since that time, her cell phone has reportedly gone silent, last pinging from a cell phone tower near her home. All of her belongings, including her purse and car, are still at her house on the 500 block of CR 2859, said Capt. David Meyers, a spokesperson for the Liberty County Sheriff?s Office.

Around 11:30 a.m. Monday, LCSO deputies were sent to Siddall?s home to check on her. They were greeted at the door by a man who told them he lives at the home with Siddall.

"He is claiming she went to Oklahoma to see her sister. He also claims he is buying the house from Ms. Siddall," said Meyers.

The man, identified as Donald Lee Hassler, 52, reportedly gave deputies consent to search the property for Siddall. When the deputies entered the home, they immediately suspected foul play and exited.

"The deputies noticed what appeared to be blood in the kitchen area, so they backed out and called for investigators. When we arrived, we also found what we believe to be blood soaked into the plywood floor of the home," Meyers said. A preliminary test at the scene revealed that the substance is likely blood.

"There is possible evidence showing something going from the house to the water, so I notified Game Warden Jake Noxon. He came out with his boat equipped with side sonar to search the lake. The Texas Rangers were invited out to the scene to help with interviewing Hassler, who is our suspect," Meyers said.

Noxon searched the water for a couple of hours, but the search yielded no new information.

Hassler, who is on parole for charges of Theft of Property and Theft of a Firearm, was arrested at the scene on a charge of Felon in Possession of a Firearm. More than a dozen firearms were removed from the property. As Siddall has yet to be located, the only charge against Hassler at this time is the gun charge; however, more charges may be pending.
    Full story here: https://bluebonnetnews.com/2023/09/1...aN-If6OGcBNA_k

From October 2023.

Donald Lee Hassler, a previously convicted felon, was charged with capital murder in connection to the disappearance of 57-year-old Sheryl Siddall.

Authorities said Hassler, 52, and Siddall had been friends for about two years. He was at Siddall's home when deputies first arrived to search for her and remained the primary suspect in her disappearance.
    https://www.fox26houston.com/news/do...y-county-woman

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...y-grandmother/

Skeletal remains found Friday are possibly the remains of a Liberty County woman who’s been missing since Sept. 18., according to the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office.
    The skeletal remains were discovered at the Rye community in the northern part of the county off County Road 2132.

The sheriff’s office said a couple was traveling down the road when they saw puppies. As they were attempting to rescue them, one of the puppies ran toward a ditch with about three feet of water in it.

As the couple approached the ditch, they saw what they believed might be a body submerged in the water. They immediately called the sheriff’s office.

The deputies found skeletal remains in the water.

The LCSO told KPRC 2 that the remains found are six miles away from the location they believe Siddall was murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    If it is her, I hope her family/friends can have closure.

Is it bad for me to wonder if the couple was able to rescue all the puppies?

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Even his fucking name sounds criminal to me. Fucking Donald Lee. Well, shithead, you're gonna enjoy 25 to life in a Texas prison, if there's any justice anywhere.

You white trash ass piece of shit. Why? What the fuck did she do to you?
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Even his fucking name sounds criminal to me. Fucking Donald Lee. Well, shithead, you're gonna enjoy 25 to life in a Texas prison, if there's any justice anywhere.

You white trash ass piece of shit. Why? What the fuck did she do to you?
    And you know he uses all three names: Donald Lee Hassler. Like John Wayne Gacy, Henry Lee Lucas, Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack The Ripper. It's a good Death Row name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Is it bad for me to wonder if the couple was able to rescue all the puppies?
    Not at all, I wondered the same thing. Logic tells me they did.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information