Thread: Shooting at Ottawa. Canada wedding kills Said Mohamed Ali (26) & Abdishakur Abdi-Dahir (29), injures 6

Shooting at Ottawa. Canada wedding kills Said Mohamed Ali (26) & Abdishakur Abdi-Dahir (29), injures 6

No names released yet.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9936768/s...d-six-injured/

Ottawa police say a shooting at a wedding Saturday night has left two men dead and six people injured.

Shots rang out at 10:21 p.m outside the Infinity Convention Centre, where the victims were attending the wedding, police said.

Residents living nearby reported hearing between 20 and 25 gunshots around the time police were called.

Police have not released the names of the two men who were killed or shared details about the conditions of those injured. There have been no arrests so far, and no suspect information is currently available.

Police are asking anyone with video footage of the scene or information on the shooting to come forward, saying the incident has left the city shaken.

?This violence is tragic and unacceptable. It is disturbing for our entire community,? the force said in a Sunday morning news release. ?Police are reaching out to community leaders to ensure the families of the victims are supported.?

Apparently this is one of the witnesses. If you click on his profile pic, it brings you to a story and some short vid.

Nico Dee: https://www.facebook.com/yourdrugdealer

You dont hear about this happening a lot in Canada.

I guess the people were outside smoking?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    You dont hear about this happening a lot in Canada.

I guess the people were outside smoking?

That would make sense, it wasn't super late at night.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    That would make sense, it wasn't super late at night.
    I think if people were leaving the wedding, there would be more victims. Not that 2 lives cut short isnt enough of a tragedy, it is.

Any word on the injured?

Man if that were my wedding I would feel so bad.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I can only imagine that it's someone that has a grudge about that wedding or someone that was attending it.

U.S. influence right there with a public shooting and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

This article names the two deceased
    who are from Toronto and says that one of the injured is still in hospital; the rest have been released. No suspect or motive has been released publicly yet.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalne...t-we-know/amp/

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    This article names the two deceased
    who are from Toronto and says that one of the injured is still in hospital; the rest have been released. No suspect or motive has been released publicly yet.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalne...t-we-know/amp/

I think this is Said's FB: https://www.facebook.com/taxta.ali

Here's a GoFundMe for the victims: https://www.gofundme.com/f/abdishaku...term=undefined

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I think this is Said's FB: https://www.facebook.com/taxta.ali

Here's a GoFundMe for the victims: https://www.gofundme.com/f/abdishaku...term=undefined
    They were Muslim so this gives me hate crime vibes, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    They were Muslim so this gives me hate crime vibes, unfortunately.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Me too.
    I hope I'm wrong, but my gut says I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I hope I'm wrong, but my gut says I'm right.
    it was my first thought as well
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Still no information on suspects but police believe shooting was targeted. Although they aren't sure if the people shot were actually the target :/

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...imed-two-lives

What we know and don't know about the wedding shooting that claimed two lives
    Last week, police said the men who died and six others injured in a shooting outside of a wedding reception were not the intended victims. But police haven't said much since.

Author of the article:Joanne Laucius
    Published Sep 11, 2023 • Last updated 5 days ago • 6 minute read
    18 Comments
    Ottawa police Chief Eric Stubbs and Deputy Chief Trish Ferguson take questions at a media availability on Sept. 6, 2023.
    Ottawa police Chief Eric Stubbs and Deputy Chief Trish Ferguson take questions at a media availability on Sept. 6, 2023. PHOTO BY JEAN LEVAC /Postmedia
    Article content
    More than a week after a shooting outside an Uplands-area wedding venue, many questions remain unanswered about a tragedy that claimed the lives of two Toronto-area men and sent six more men to hospital.

“The shootings have shaken our city, our communities, and those living in nearby neighbourhoods,” said Ottawa police Chief Eric Stubbs last Wednesday. “The impact of the shootings on the families and friends at the wedding is tragic — and far-reaching. What should have been a happy occasion has changed lives forever.”

Advertisement 2
    STORY CONTINUES BELOW

TRENDING
    Hundreds of short-term housing rentals culled across Ottawa: report
    City Hall
    Briones: So much for Trudeau's pledge of help to small business
    Trudeau at the microphone
    Anxiously waiting for pucks to drop again at Jim Durrell Arena
    A closed Jim Durrell arena
    OPH report outlines concerns over 'triple-demic' wave of viruses in Ottawa this season
    masked people
    Police guns and gangs unit investigate shooting of man in Lincoln Heights area
    Ottawa Police Service
    Article content
    Article content
    But police have said little since then. Here’s what we know and don’t know so far:

What happened?

At 10:21 p.m on the night of Sept. 2, there were multiple 911 calls reporting shots fired and injured people at the Infinity Convention Centre on Gibford Drive in Ottawa’s south end. The first officer arrived at the scene at 10:24 p.m.

“This was a chaotic scene, with multiple people injured and many attempting to flee the area,” said Deputy Chief Trish Ferguson.

“Officers and emergency responders flooded the scene, attending to victims and searching for the person or persons responsible for the shooting. It was soon determined that the shooter had fled the area.”

There were two different weddings going on at the centre, said Supt. Jamie Dunlop. “One wedding was well underway in the confines of the centre. The other one was going through this process with many people still milling about.”

First responders found eight people with varying degrees of injuries, from non-life-threatening to critical.

Who were the victims?

Two Toronto-area men died. Said Mohamed Ali, 26, had arrived in Canada four months ago from an undisclosed country and Abdishakur Abdi-Dahir, 29, who had started a career as an engineer.

Advertisement 3
    STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
    All of the six injured people who survived were men between the ages 25 and 35. None of them sustained life-threatening injuries.

Some wedding guests were from out of town, including from Toronto and two from Ohio. The victims from Ohio were released from hospital as of last week, said Dunlop.

Was this a targeted attack? Were the targets from Ottawa?

The investigation has revealed that this was a targeted attack, said Ferguson. “It was focused on individuals believed to be attending one of the weddings. We do not, however, believe that any of the victims of this brazen and careless attack were the intended targets.”

There is no evidence to suggest that this was a hate-motivated crime, she said.

Have police interviewed the bride and groom?

Police say they can’t respond to this question.

As of last Wednesday, they had not. “We are respecting the emotions and everything coming from that,” said Dunlop. “We’re hoping to have more dialogue with everyone involved, the bride and groom and their families.”

How many people were at the wedding venue at the time?

Police say they can’t give an exact number of how many people were inside and outside the venue, but “both events were very well-attended.”

Advertisement 4
    STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
    Do police have suspects?

Police say they can’t respond to this question.

Police have asked witnesses to come forward. Are witnesses hesitant to talk to police?

“We know that many people who were present are not coming forward, or have more information than they initially shared with police,” said Ferguson.

Police have leads to follow which will never be placed in criminal investigations as the eyewitnesses and witnesses coming forward, said Dunlop last week.

“They help to take the evidence that we collect and connect the dots to help us tell the story. And we really are here to appeal for people that we know have more information. And they may be hesitant to come forward and give us a call and let us help them through that.”

Did OPS get a chance to interview the witnesses from the U.S.? If not, why not?

“In the course of an investigation, we cannot disclose who investigators have spoken to,” said police.

Shooting at Infinity Convention Centre
    Ottawa police were investigating Sunday, Sept. 3, after two people were killed and six others injured in the parking lot of the Infinity Convention Centre. Wedding guests returned to the venue to retrieve their vehicles, including one car that was towed from the front entrance. PHOTO BY ASHLEY FRASER /Postmedia
    What specific kind of firearm was used?

That information has not been released, although Dunlop said clearly they’re handguns. “And I would have no doubt to find out that these handguns are illegal handguns being smuggled across the border or brought in from other means.”

Advertisement 5
    STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
    It could have been a much more deadly attack. The investigation has revealed that approximately 50 rounds were fired into the crowd.

“We did a very in-depth forensic audit and search. We believe we found all of them,” said Dunlop. “I don’t want to be too specific. Again, that’s because what we want when we’re asking for witnesses is to make sure that the information they’re providing to us is their information and not because they hear too much about the events.”

Were multiple firearms used in the attack? Were there multiple shooters?

Police have referred both to “the shooter” (singular) and “person or persons,” so that is not clear.

“There’s no indication that there were multiple weapons,” said Dunlop on Wednesday. But seconds later, he added: “I don’t want to say one way or the other.”

It appears that there has been conflicting evidence and conflicted accounts of what happened. “And that’s the type of thing we want to settle. I don’t want to give you a definitive answer, because that’s part of what this is,” said Dunlop.

Were any bullets fired inside the Infinity Centre?

How many witnesses have investigators interviewed?

Police say they can not respond to this question.

Has OPS reviewed any video so far?

“Our investigators are collecting and reviewing video in the area and following up on leads, including connecting with the Toronto Police Service. We continue to ask anyone who was in the area at the time to contact us with anything that you may have seen that was out of the ordinary,” said Ferguson.

“You may have dash,(dashboard) doorbell or home security footage capturing something like a speeding car that may have seemed insignificant at the time,” said said. “There are also a number of restaurants, patios and other businesses in the area that captured something on video and we would ask those are reviewed and share.”

Was the shooting gang-related?

“We are certainly considering it …without question we believe people are involved in criminal elements within our society,” said Dunlop.

“It’s most definitely a street-level, if you will, crime that has been perpetuated here,” said Dunlop.

Is there a Toronto link?

There is no evidence to suggest that because people from Toronto were at the wedding and among the victims that they were the intended targets, said Dunlop. Criminals don’t respect jurisdictions. It would be a “complete mistake to think this is a Toronto problem,” Dunlop said. “Ottawa has, unfortunately, our own problem when it comes to illegal handguns, shootings, gangs, people involved and willing to conduct these acts to forward their criminality.”

Are members of the public safe?

Ottawa police Chief Eric Stubbs said with recent increases in shootings, members of the public may be asking that question. But he did not answer it definitively.

“We are working extremely hard with our full homicide team bolstered by additional investigators to ensure that we are able to bring those responsible for these crimes to court,” he said. “We are asking those that were at the wedding to help us advance this investigation. We need to hear from you.”

Police have declined to comment further.

Double post and dammit this looks like a Kamb--- post. Sorry!

Double post and dammit this looks like a Kamb--- post. Sorry!
    Definitely not like a Kamb post. Those were unreal.

Thread Information