Thread: YouTuber Ruby Franke arrested after police found a malourished child with open wounds and duct tape on their extremities

YouTuber Ruby Franke arrested after police found a malourished child with open wounds and duct tape on their extremities

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...ges-rcna102852

Ruby Franke, the mother behind the defunct family YouTube channel 8 Passengers, was arrested on two counts of aggravated child abuse Wednesday after police found a malnourished child with open wounds and duct tape on their extremities.

Franke was arrested alongside her business partner and collaborator, Jodi Hildebrandt, who is the founder of the controversial life counseling organization ConneXions. The two women create advice videos that critics say promote a harsh style of parenting.

Franke has come under fire in the past for her now-deleted parenting vlogs. Viewers have accused Franke and her husband, Kevin, of being abusive for years.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ruby-fr...thorities-say/

Ruby Franke, whose now defunct channel "8 Passengers" followed her family, was arrested Wednesday night in the southern Utah city of Ivins. She was taken into custody at the home of Jodi Hildebrandt, who owns a counseling business that she says teaches people to improve their lives by being honest, responsible and humble.

Franke has recently appeared in YouTube videos with Hildebrandt that were posted online by Hildebrandt's counseling business, ConneXions Classroom.

Franke's 12-year-old son climbed out of a window in Hildebrandt's residence in Ivins and ran to a neighbor's house Wednesday morning and asked for food and water, according to an affidavit filed by an officer with the Santa Clara-Ivins Public Safety Department.

The neighbor saw duct tape on the boy's ankles and wrists and called law enforcement, the affidavit said. The boy was taken to a hospital, where he was put on a medical hold "due to his deep lacerations from being tied up with rope and from his malnourishment," arrest records state.

Franke's 10-year-old daughter was later found malnourished in Hildebrandt's house and was also taken to the hospital, officers said. Two other of Franke's children were in the custody of child protection services, the affidavit said.

Court documents reference a YouTube video posted to Hildebrandt's channel just two days before the arrest as playing a part in both women's arrests, CBS affiliate KUTV reported.

"Ruby Franke was seen on a YouTube video filmed in Jodi Hildebrandt's downstairs, which was posted two days ago," according to the Aug. 30 affidavit.

The arresting officer reported the video was evidence the women were "present in the home and having knowledge of the abuse, malnourishment, and neglect," KUTV reported.

Having knowledge of the abuse? So who was the one that actually abused them? Where was the dad.

Side note: I don't know any of these youtuber people that are "popular" and I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I've heard of these fuckers before. Family vloggers need to be investigated and the children monitored. They use and abuse the kids for clicks and views and there's zero regulation happening. It's abuse no matter how you cut it because these kids are too young to consent to being uploaded to a public platform where their most private moments are on display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I hope these kids turn out ok. If the show was called "8 passangers" is it safe to assume at least 6 kids were involved?

Hopefully these kids will be much happier without a camera shoved in their face.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    What is wrong with people? There are so many couples/persons out there who would love to have a child and then you have a breeder like this one capitalizing on the lives of her children. I just can't.

I had never heard of this bitch until after this story broke and now I?ve seen clips from her YouTube or whatever and she was blatantly abusing these kids right in front of her viewers. Talking about using food as punishment and making her preschooler pack her own lunch and wake her own self up for school. What a nut.

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    . What a nut.

Pat...I'd like to buy a "C". And rearrange the letters.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post

She's pleading guilty and blaming her YT therapist for 'manipulating' her.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/youtube-mo...y?id=105716212

YouTube mom Ruby Franke to plead guilty in child abuse case, attorney says

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    She's pleading guilty and blaming her YT therapist for 'manipulating' her.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/youtube-mo...y?id=105716212

YouTube mom Ruby Franke to plead guilty in child abuse case, attorney says
    I think I read somewhere she claimed there was sexual abuse going on amoungst the kids.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Isn't there a documentary about this?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ruby-fr...ht-passengers/

Ruby Franke and Jodi Hildebrandt sentenced to up to 30 years in prison in child abuse case

Parenting YouTuber Ruby Franke and her business parter Jodi Hildebrandt, who pleaded guilty to child abuse charges that stemmed from one of Franke's children escaping Hildebrandt's house in August to beg a neighbor for help, have been sentenced to prison. Each could serve as much as 30 years, the prosecutor said after the hearing, the most severe penalty available under Utah law.

Franke has been sentenced to four consecutive prison terms, CBS News affiliate KUTV reported Tuesday, which could range from one to 15 years each. The Utah Board of Pardons and Parole will determine prison time, KUTV reported. Franke has 30 days to appeal the decision.

Hildebrandt received the same sentence of four consecutive prison terms, KUTV reported, which could again range from one to 15 years each. Like Franke, Hildebrandt's prison time will be determined by the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ruby-fr...ht-passengers/

Ruby Franke and Jodi Hildebrandt sentenced to up to 30 years in prison in child abuse case
    I'm surprised that they actually gave them that much. It's well deserved, but usually they don't come down as hard on something like this.

Thread Information