Thread: 3 die from Listeria after drinking a milkshake from Frugals restaurant in Tacoma

3 die from Listeria after drinking a milkshake from Frugals restaurant in Tacoma

https://www.insider.com/listeria-out...-deaths-2023-8

Three people have died and three others have been hospitalized after drinking milkshakes contaminated with Listeria bacteria from a restaurant in Tacoma, Washington, health officials say.

Investigators found the outbreak was linked to ice cream machines that were not cleaned properly at a Frugals restaurant, according to a release from the Washington State Department of Health. Listeria can affect people up to 70 days after consumption and the machines were used through August 7, the release said.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I was reading up on this! Imagine going out for a nice milkshake and ending up dead.

Ice Cream machines are almost self cleaning for the most part so it had to have been some really lazy employees to cause this. Maybe they ran out of cleaning solution and figured that it would be okay without it? At any rate, this kind of thing is terrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

this one scares me. we enjoy milkshakes often.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    This is so scary. I can't tell you how many times I have craved a milkshake and simply had to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I was reading up on this! Imagine going out for a nice milkshake and ending up dead.

Ice Cream machines are almost self cleaning for the most part so it had to have been some really lazy employees to cause this. Maybe they ran out of cleaning solution and figured that it would be okay without it? At any rate, this kind of thing is terrifying.
    Back in the day I worked at at Burger King for several years, and then a mom-and-pop burger shop. I ended up closing and often worked drive thru. I had to take the shake machine apart every single night and clean and soak the parts in sanitizer and then put it back together. We threw out the shake machine mix once a week and started over, otherwise it was put into a big bucket and kept in the freezer. I am more inclined to think it was in the mix and the mix kept getting used.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Back in the day I worked at at Burger King for several years, and then a mom-and-pop burger shop. I ended up closing and often worked drive thru. I had to take the shake machine apart every single night and clean and soak the parts in sanitizer and then put it back together. We threw out the shake machine mix once a week and started over, otherwise it was put into a big bucket and kept in the freezer. I am more inclined to think it was in the mix and the mix kept getting used.
    It's scary to consider we are depending upon all these businesses to do things right. I think I'll go back to making my own shakes at home.

I saw BWS' pic from Haunted Hamburger this weekend and was going to comment that I hoped the milkshakes weren't listeria shakes. Then I realized it was her hubby's post and I wasn't sure he would appreciate the humor so I didn't post anything.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I saw BWS' pic from Haunted Hamburger this weekend and was going to comment that I hoped the milkshakes weren't listeria shakes. Then I realized it was her hubby's post and I wasn't sure he would appreciate the humor so I didn't post anything.
    OMG - you simply must say something. He would find it hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    OMG - you simply must say something. He would find it hilarious!
    I want to be your Facebook friend.
    I looked up Haunted Hamburger. I'm disappointed in their menu names. They're not spooky enough. I'll bring a hammer when I eat there and complain about their menu names. Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I want to be your Facebook friend.
    I looked up Haunted Hamburger. I'm disappointed in their menu names. They're not spooky enough. I'll bring a hammer when I eat there and complain about their menu names. Lol!
    I was really looking forward to Haunted Hamburger, but we were let down by the burgers. They weren't anything special and definitely did not live up to the hype. I mean, they had about 50 people waiting in line before they opened on Saturday. We put our name in about 1pm and had to wait almost 2 hours to get a table. The boozy shakes were the bomb...the burgers were okay. Definitely won't be going back.

I'll message you my name so we can be FB friends.

Thread Information