Thread: Shannon McCarthy arrested after partner Heather Sheppard's (43) decomposing body was found on the porch

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Shannon McCarthy arrested after partner Heather Sheppard's (43) decomposing body was found on the porch

Full story here: https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...KF6meLEnR5xQIc

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. The woman who owns the Lakeshore home where a decomposed body was found on Wednesday has been arrested.

Property records show Shannon McCarthy owns the house on Colonial Avenue where unidentified human remains were found on the front porch. McCarthy was arrested early Thursday morning and accused of sending a written threat, according to jail records.

An arrest report from earlier this year said McCarthy's domestic partner is Heather Sheppard.

Online court records show a history of domestic disputes at the home between the two women. In January, McCarthy was arrested and charged with battery against Sheppard. She was set to have one final court appearance later this month ahead of a trial in that case.

Sheppard told JSO she was in fear for her life because of text messages sent by McCarthy on Feb. 5. She also told police she was still dealing with head injuries from a domestic assault by McCarthy on Jan 29.

McCarthy was set to appear in front of a judge Thursday afternoon on the threats charges but did not appear because of an unspecified disease.

Neighbors told News4JAX they've seen the couple at the home. Many of them said they noticed a strong, foul odor over the last few days and were horrified to learn that a body was found at the home.

II just thought there was a dead cat or a dead rat. It sort of kind of smelled like because I've never been around a dead body before," neighbor Tommy Taylor said.

Heather's FB: https://www.facebook.com/heather.sheppard.7106

Shannon's FB: https://www.facebook.com/shannon.mccarthy.90475

@RBW - the title is missing 'on the' in front of 'porch'. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    @RBW - the title is missing 'on the' in front of 'porch'. Geez.
    Got it!

I'm guessing the HOA wasn't cool with the dead body on the porch either. That's gotta be a fineable offense.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Got it!

I'm guessing the HOA wasn't cool with the dead body on the porch either. That's gotta be a fineable offense.
    Thank you.

The area is kind of sketch from what I recall, so maybe they don't have an HOA.

So what she killed her partner and just put her outside? Didnt even try to hide her?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm trying to figure out if I've ever been in that area.
    The Westside is definitely not desirable.
    I found the scene of the crime. The house looks decent.
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...44491312_zpid/
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So what she killed her partner and just put her outside? Didnt even try to hide her?
    She sounded like a total abuser so it's not out of the realm....for her to be like "look what I did".

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I saw someone on FB who lives in the neighborhood posit she might have been trying to load her into the trunk of their car and was unable to carry the body that far, so she just put her on the porch. Not sure that is true, but it might explain why she was on the porch. Either that or she was just of the mindset of kicking her to the porch and calling it a day.

Yeah the Westside of JAX is not the best. I remember when it was actually an okay area when I was growing up there many moons ago. But definitely became really bad in the 80s-90s.

Ohhhh it's an enclosed patio.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

She told police she was "still dealing with head injuries from a domestic assault by McCarthy on Jan 29." In her last post on FB she states: "Please please please share had no income hardly for over a year since accident. Hello all well Cleaning Crusaders Cleaning Crusaders has been under the weather since my accident on March 29, 2022. So I had a severe brain injury and have brain damage but I learned how to talk walk and much more. " Two separate incidents or is she referring to the assault as "an accident" as would be typical of an abuse victim.

Must have been a pretty volatile relationship, looks like her daughter suspected Shannon right away:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4322975&type=3
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    She told police she was "still dealing with head injuries from a domestic assault by McCarthy on Jan 29." In her last post on FB she states: "Please please please share had no income hardly for over a year since accident. Hello all well Cleaning Crusaders Cleaning Crusaders has been under the weather since my accident on March 29, 2022. So I had a severe brain injury and have brain damage but I learned how to talk walk and much more. " Two separate incidents or is she referring to the assault as "an accident" as would be typical of an abuse victim.

Must have been a pretty volatile relationship, looks like her daughter suspected Shannon right away:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4322975&type=3
    Yes, I believe they were well known to police for domestic violence. Very sad.

Thread Information