Thread: Amber Spradlin (39) found dead;stabbed and throat cut. 911 call was unanswered

Amber Spradlin (39) found dead;stabbed and throat cut. 911 call was unanswered

Unsolved murder of Kentucky woman stabbed 11 times leaves family shaken

The homicide case from Prestonsburg, Kentucky is getting attention from across the state.
    Author: Shay McAlister
    Published: 4:25 PM EDT June 29, 2023
    Updated: 6:54 PM EDT June 29, 2023
    FLOYD COUNTY, Ky. ? Family, attorneys and community members from the small community of Prestonsburg, Kentucky, gathered on the courthouse steps Thursday to expose what they know about a brutal killing, now going 10 days unsolved.
    According to Kentucky State Police, 39-year-old Amber Spradlin was found dead in a home on Arkansas Creek, on June 19. The incident that led to her death is believed to have happened overnight, on June 18.

On the night she died, Spradlin's family said she was with friends and her boss, people she trusted. That's why, they said, her brutal murder was so shocking.
    "She was stabbed not once, not twice, not three times...she was stabbed eleven times in her head, her neck and her throat," Spradlin's cousin, Debbie Hall, described.

KSP Troopers confirm she had life-threatening injuries and suspect foul play. Spradlin's death is now being treated as a homicide investigation.
    Aside from those details, detectives have stayed tight-lipped about the case.
    The family's attorney Mark Wohlander believes state police have a suspect, though no suspect has been named publicly. He described the crime scene as incredibly gruesome and said he believes they are waiting on DNA evidence, which has been difficult to analyze.
    "It was brutal. There was blood everywhere. There was blood everywhere -- blood mixed with other blood," Wohlander said.
    Her family described Spradlin's upbringing as tragic, explaining she lost her mom and sister when she was young and was raised by her grandparents. She, in turn, cared for them until the end, and only just recently moved out, to start a life on her own.
    "Friends, family, community. That meant everything to Amber," Hall said.
    Unanswered 911 calls

Hall said she doesn't know why anyone would want to hurt Spradlin. The family is also struggling to find out why it took first responders so long to find her.
    "I just don't know what in the world would have gone so wrong to result in what happened. There was a 911 call and no one went," Hall said.

https://www.whas11.com/article/news/crime/unsolved/amber-spradlin-murder-investigation-prestonburg/417-e07479ce-ff2a-4b46-a2ff-7024dcf750bb

Amber?s Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/kychic08?mibextid=LQQJ4d

TikTok video of the press conference with polic and her family speaking
    https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8eSgVHM/

I can?t find the suspects names in any article online.

Roy Kidd is the name of her friend she was with and a Dr. Mike McKinney was her boss.

Her dna and other dna was mixed all together in the blood so they have to extract individual dna from the scene. The police said not to expect an arrest for at least a month.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I have a lot of mutuals with Amber, as I have family who live in that area.

Here is the FB for the dentist; he is the co-owner of the restaurant Amber worked at:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100067669957952

Thread Information