Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kouri Richins (33) charged w/husband's 2022 murder after writing children's book about grief

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Kouri Richins (33) charged w/husband's 2022 murder after writing children's book about grief

Full story here: https://www.kpcw.org/summit-county/2...usbands-murder

The Summit County Sheriff's Office arrested Kouri D. Richins Monday for the murder of her husband, Eric Richins.

The 33-year-old is charged with one first-degree felony count of aggravated murder, as well as three second-degree felony counts of possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance.

Eric Richins died of a Fentanyl overdose on March 4, 2022, according to a police search warrant.

The Richins family is one of the oldest and largest in Summit County. A notable member was Sheldon Richins, for whom Summit County's Richins Building in Kimball Junction is named.

Kouri told sheriff's deputies she and her husband were having a celebration together the night of March 3. She said Eric had consumed a shot of alcohol and a THC gummy.

Kouri said she went to bed in their kids' room that night and rejoined Eric around 3 a.m. When she felt he was cold and realized he wasn't breathing, she called 911.

But Eric's family members told investigators shortly after his death they suspected Kouri killed him. According to warrants, ?he warned them that if anything happened to him, she was to blame.?

Kouri claimed to have performed CPR on Eric, but fire and EMS first responders said that was unlikely, citing blood coming from his mouth.

During CPR, when responders asked where Eric's medications were, warrants state she claimed not to know because "the maid just puts medications in random places."

Kouri claimed her husband had a pain pill addiction in high school but no substance abuse issues since.

Friends and family told police they did not notice any behavior indicative of drug use, and no pain killers were found in the family home.

One of Eric's two sisters told investigators he had called her a few years ago from Greece. While he and Kouri were on vacation, a drink she handed him made him violently ill.

The sister alleged Eric believed Kouri had tried to kill him.

Eric holds a joint life insurance policy with his business partner Cody Wright. The two men ran the business C&E Stone Masonry.

A warrant states Kouri logged into the two men's life insurance policy in January 2022 and changed the policy. She removed them as each other's beneficiary and named herself as the policy's only beneficiary.

When the insurance company notified the men of the change, they were able to change it back. Before his death, Eric changed the beneficiary of his will and his power of attorney, replacing Kouri with his sister.

Kouri's FB: https://www.facebook.com/kouri.darden

from BWS link

Court filings say on Valentine?s Day in 2022, Eric suffered an allergic reaction after having dinner with Kouri. He broke out in hives, couldn?t breathe and passed out after using his son?s EpiPen and taking Benadryl.

When Eric woke up, he called Wright to let him know what had happened.

Court filings say Kouri had purchased $900 of fentanyl pills from an acquaintance a few days before their dinner. Two weeks later, she asked for $900 more, and shortly after that, Eric had died of an overdose.

Before his death, Eric changed the beneficiary of his will and his power of attorney, replacing Kouri with his sister.

A warrant states he didn?t tell Kouri about the change because, according to his sisters, he believed Kouri might ?kill him for the money? and wanted their kids to be financially secure.

Warrants allege he was planning to file for divorce, but he died before any proceedings began.
    This bitch is a psychopath. She had a party the day after her husband died. What did she do with the first $900 worth of fentanyl?

He knew she was going to kill him, but she killed him before he could leave her. Poor guy.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    from BWS link

This bitch is a psychopath. She had a party the day after her husband died. What did she do with the first $900 worth of fentanyl?

He knew she was going to kill him, but she killed him before he could leave her. Poor guy.
    100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    100%.
    This bitch has the nerve to write a child's book about grieving when she took her children's father away. The absolute gall.

Was she taking some of the fentanyl? Im just wondering where $1,800 of it went. Unless she sold it.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This bitch has the nerve to write a child's book about grieving when she took her children's father away. The absolute gall.

Was she taking some of the fentanyl? Im just wondering where $1,800 of it went. Unless she sold it.
    It's confusing, but I THINK that the first $900 went to giving it to him during their dinner where he broke out in the hives and used his Son's Epi pen. It didn't kill him that time, so then she had to get more to kill him the night that he finally did die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Clearly she is a psychopath. She didn't get what she wanted and planned this out.

Clearly she is a psychopath. She didn't get what she wanted and planned this out.
    Good thing he cut her out of the will.

I was thinking about the time(s) she poisoned him before, and I think he survived because he ingested it, and threw it up. She obviously put it in the drink she made him before bed the last time, and he didnt throw up.

Good thing he cut her out of the will.

I was thinking about the time(s) she poisoned him before, and I think he survived because he ingested it, and threw it up. She obviously put it in the drink she made him before bed the last time, and he didnt throw up.
    That is my thought as well. She was determined, at least I'll give her that much.

Not blaming him, but why in the world would he ever accept anything she made him?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Not blaming him, but why in the world would he ever accept anything she made him?
    I know, right?! He knew she was trying to kill him so why keep eating around her
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I know, right?! He knew she was trying to kill him so why keep eating around her
    IDK, the idea of poison cheesecake made everyone on here want to run out and get cheesecake. Good food/drink is powerful!

I had the same thought. Why would he not GTFO of there? The insurance thing should be a big tip off.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    IDK, the idea of poison cheesecake made everyone on here want to run out and get cheesecake. Good food/drink is powerful!
    I am still thinking about cheesecake since that post.

I am still thinking about cheesecake since that post.
    I went out and bought some cherry cheesecake the day after. I have very little willpower when it comes to food

On a serious note, those pills were hella expensive. I dont know how she crushed up pills and put them in his drink. You would see the "chalky stuff" in the drink.

Fuck her for saying he had a pain pill addiction in hs, and implying he relapsed.

What in the fuck could she have possibly spent all that money on?

Thats a half mill. Either she had the most expensive drug habit in the world or she was a gambler.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 05-19-2023 at 11:19 AM.

What in the fuck could she have possibly spent all that money on?

Thats a half mill. Either she had the most expensive drug habit in the world or she was a gambler.
    Hookers. I've watched Gigalos on Showtime, I know how well those dudes live. Their prices have to be steep.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Hookers. I've watched Gigalos on Showtime, I know how well those dudes live. Their prices have to be steep.
    She bought hookers?

She was probably having an affair though

I may have this case confused with another one but isn?t she the one who went and signed papers on a house like the same day he died? Wasn?t that her motive the whole time cause she wanted some expensive house that was out of their budget or was that a diff chick?

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    I may have this case confused with another one but isn?t she the one who went and signed papers on a house like the same day he died? Wasn?t that her motive the whole time cause she wanted some expensive house that was out of their budget or was that a diff chick?
    I will be your Google guide.
    https://www.kpcw.org/summit-county/2...uld-have-buyer

I'm watching a youtuber talk about this case and apparently Korri was stealing her husband's money to buy houses to flip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

This article explains how the husband transferred his property into a trust with his sister over-seeing it. Kouri is suing to try to get the money. It's pretty interesting.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-death.html

This article explains how the husband transferred his property into a trust with his sister over-seeing it. Kouri is suing to try to get the money. It's pretty interesting.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-death.html
    The absolute gall of this woman astounds me.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...ting-102384601

No death penalty for a Utah mom accused of killing her husband, then writing a kid book about death

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...ting-102384601

No death penalty for a Utah mom accused of killing her husband, then writing a kid book about death
    I guess his family didnt want to pursue it

Prosecutors decided not to seek the death penalty after conferring with the victim's father and two sisters, according to a court filing Friday.]

She's screwed. I think her book was because she realized that she wouldn't be profiting at all from his death. The book was a last ditch effort to somehow benefit from him. He knew what she was after and took steps to prevent her from gaining anything and succeeded. She clearly did not research what processes happen (like an investigation) after somebody's death. Husband who has never used illegal narcotics dies from a drug overdose? Totally not suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by youserper View Post
    She's screwed. I think her book was because she realized that she wouldn't be profiting at all from his death. The book was a last ditch effort to somehow benefit from him. He knew what she was after and took steps to prevent her from gaining anything and succeeded. She clearly did not research what processes happen (like an investigation) after somebody's death. Husband who has never used illegal narcotics dies from a drug overdose? Totally not suspicious.
    Yeah, she wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it came to the murder, that's for sure. Welcome to MDS!!!

Thread Information