Thread: Chloe Stein (23) went 'missing' in PA, but it was all a hoax

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Chloe Stein (23) went 'missing' in PA, but it was all a hoax

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/penn...Zng37-oTGtMvuY

HEMPFIELD TOWNSHIP, Pa. After a report was issued on Tuesday notifying the public about a missing young woman, Pennsylvania State Police have confirmed the entire situation was a hoax.

According to initial reports, Chloe Stein, 23, was last seen leaving Sonic in Hempfield Township at 10:30 p.m. on Monday night. She allegedly texted her boyfriend shortly after saying she had been pulled over. Then, she seemed to vanish.

Stein was driving a Volkswagen Beetle. The car was found abandoned on Tuesday along Radebaugh Road.

Tuesday night, Pennsylvania State Police gave an update that Stein has been located safely. They later confirmed the situation was a hoax.

"You can't wrap your head around some people's decisions," said Limani. "I think the thing that was most alarming was that the rest of the community was scared."

Police said Stein sent the text to her boyfriend, but she was not pulled over by police.

A tip from Penn State helped police solve the case. They said Stein had not been attending classes for nearly a year. Previous information indicated Stein was a senior in college who was about to graduate.

"Maybe the fact that she hadn't been going to school for so long was the reasoning behind it," Limani said.

Police said Stein ditched her car after driving a short distance following her shift at Sonic. She then walked three or four miles to Jeannette and stayed at the home of an acquaintance for about 21 hours.

Police said they spent tens of thousands of dollars in resources Tuesday, including sending a helicopter into the air on a bad weather day, which is something they would not have done if they didn't believe she was in danger.

Stein is now facing a list of charges for the incident: false alarm to agency of public safety, false reports, obstruction of administration of law and other governmental functions and disorderly conduct.

What a dumb bitch.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    By the sounds of it, she was having mental issues so I wouldn't be too hard on her. How many stories have we seen where people pretend they're still in college when the pressure from family is too much and they either commit murder/suicide or just suicide. I could see just wanting to run away from it all and not understanding that it would blow up in to this big thing with helicopters and all. It seems like once she saw how many people were getting involved in trying to find her that she came forward.

I've been in places where I didn't think anyone cared about me so I could see her not knowing that all of those resources would go out looking for her. It's on a case by case basis with these things anyway. Look how hard they looked for Versey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I am very sensitive to mental health issues; in my humble opinion, I don't believe she was having mental health issues. Rather, she had lied about going to college and knew her lie would soon be exposed because the graduation was coming up. Additionally, I found this from another site. I don't think she knew how blown up things would get...meaning, I don't believe she was malicious in her intentions, but she is an adult who wasted tax payer dollars and needs to be charged.

Court documents said Stein initially told police she had been abducted at gunpoint by a man in a mask, and was eventually released near her home. Police said she later admitted to making the whole scenario up.
    https://www.wtae.com/article/hempfie...agen/43774324#

Thread Information