Thread: Rachel King (35) shot and killed in the Dunkin' drive-thru in a targeted attack while her 11 year old was in the backseat

Rachel King (35) shot and killed in the Dunkin' drive-thru in a targeted attack while her 11 year old was in the backseat

https://abcnews.go.com/US/mom-shot-d...ry?id=98533576

Pennsylvania authorities are searching for the suspect who gunned down a mom in her car in an apparent targeted attack while her 11-year-old son sat in the backseat.

Rachel King, 35, was in a Dunkin' drive-thru line in Cheltenham Township, outside of Philadelphia, when she was shot around 7:39 a.m. Tuesday, the Montgomery County District Attorney's Office said.

Being in a drive thru- another fear unlocked.

Her poor kid that had to witness it and she?s a teacher too. So those kids will mourn the loss also. I hope the catch the shooter.

Okay, everyone, Hello Fresh is trying to make us eat at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Why is this a thing now?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Why is this a thing now?
    Perfect opportunity really. You got cars in front and behind you so no driving off and you?re usually distracted waiting your turn, digging your money out etc

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Why is this a thing now?
    Exactly what Corpse said. I mentioned that in the last thread about it. Not only that, but if the person has a predictable schedule, you'll know when they'll be there. Dunkin's makes so much sense because people stop there everyday to get their coffee on their way to dropping kids at school/going to work. By the time of day this happened, that fits the scenario. Poor kid had to witness his Mom killed. I guarantee it's a previous partner or maybe even a current one that wanted to get rid of her. I could see her being newly pregnant and a current partner wanting her gone. I bet your bottom dollar that her Son knows who did this.

ETA: I'm safe from this now since Ireland really doesn't have Drive Thru restaurants to speak of. That and no guns
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Okay, everyone, Hello Fresh is trying to make us eat at home.
    Hello Fresh has given up on spamming our inbox and mailbox, now they're killing people in the drive thrus. We WILL learn to eat at home.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Man, she seemed really sweet and LOVED that little boy so much. I mean.... Don't they have surveillance cameras that caught who did this?

Exactly what Corpse said. I mentioned that in the last thread about it. Not only that, but if the person has a predictable schedule, you'll know when they'll be there. Dunkin's makes so much sense because people stop there everyday to get their coffee on their way to dropping kids at school/going to work. By the time of day this happened, that fits the scenario. Poor kid had to witness his Mom killed. I guarantee it's a previous partner or maybe even a current one that wanted to get rid of her. I could see her being newly pregnant and a current partner wanting her gone. I bet your bottom dollar that her Son knows who did this.

ETA: I'm safe from this now since Ireland really doesn't have Drive Thru restaurants to speak of. That and no guns
    This is what happens when you ban abortions!
    R.I.P.

This is what happens when you ban abortions!
    R.I.P.
    Just to reiterate, there's no reports that she was pregnant. Just that I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that she was seeing as how that's a popular motive for murder by a partner. It could just as easily be a stalkery ex. I'm assuming it's a partner of some sort because honestly, by all accounts she was a wholesome school teacher that was a single parent. What motive would a stranger have to kill her? It seems targeted and planned by the location.

Just to reiterate, there's no reports that she was pregnant. Just that I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that she was seeing as how that's a popular motive for murder by a partner. It could just as easily be a stalkery ex. I'm assuming it's a partner of some sort because honestly, by all accounts she was a wholesome school teacher that was a single parent. What motive would a stranger have to kill her? It seems targeted and planned by the location.
    Or she was killed by her ex's new lover who is pregnant.

Or she was killed by her ex's new lover who is pregnant.
    Possible!

https://nypost.com/2023/04/27/two-ch...r-rachel-king/

Two people were charged this week in the bizarre fatal Dunkin? Donuts drive-thru shooting of a Philadelphia teacher, which prosecutors say was a hit plotted by a spurned romantic rival.

Prosecutors announced on Wednesday that Julie Jean, 34, had been charged with first- and third-degree murder and conspiracy based on evidence that she plotted with a hitman to kill Rachel King, 35, who was shot dead in front of her 11-year-old son in Cheltenham on April 11, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

The alleged gunman, Zakkee Steven Alhakim, 33, remains in custody and will also be charged with first-degree murder, conspiracy, and related crimes, Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin Steele said.

Jean had a brief affair last year with King?s long-term partner, William Hayes, according to the Inquirer.

When King discovered the infidelity, Hayes left Jean and the couple reconciled. An arrest affidavit obtained by the outlet details how the rejection prompted Jean to stalk and harrass Hayes, including frequently turning up at his apartment unannounced.
    https://glensidelocal.com/julie-jean...aring-delayed/

Julie Jean of Elkins Park, the woman accused of masterminding the fatal shooting of Rachel King on April 11, is seeking a competency evaluation before she faces her initial court hearing.

The request led to the postponement of the preliminary hearing for Jean and her alleged co-defendant Zakkee S. Alhakim.

Jean, 34, and Alhakim, 33, are charged with first- and third-degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder and related charges.

There you go! CC nailed it.
    But was she pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    There you go! CC nailed it.
    Where's CC's toaster?

This case is on trial this week.

https://www.inquirer.com/crime/rache...-20240319.html

A man who dated an Elkins Park woman - and her alleged killer - described the love triangle behind her death

The man at the center of a love triangle that prosecutors say led to the death of Rachel King testified Tuesday that she was the love of his life, his “rock,” and that he had planned to marry her before she was fatally shot in front of her son at a Dunkin’ drive-thru in Cheltenham last year.

“She basically made me a better me,” William Hayes said of King during the murder trial of her alleged killers. “I learned a lot from her. She was my rock, and I didn’t realize how much she was there at the time.”

But Hayes was also forthcoming about the casual sexual relationship he had with another woman, Julie Jean, during a break in his relationship with King.

And when Hayes ended that relationship and got engaged to King, prosecutors say, a scorned Jean set in motion a murder-for-hire plot.

King, 35, was shot five times on April 11 by Zakkee Alhakim, whom prosecutors described as an assassin hired by Jean. Jean, 35, and Alhakim, 34, are charged with first- and third-degree murder.

This case is on trial this week.

https://www.inquirer.com/crime/rache...-20240319.html

A man who dated an Elkins Park woman - and her alleged killer - described the love triangle behind her death

The man at the center of a love triangle that prosecutors say led to the death of Rachel King testified Tuesday that she was the love of his life, his ?rock,? and that he had planned to marry her before she was fatally shot in front of her son at a Dunkin? drive-thru in Cheltenham last year.

?She basically made me a better me,? William Hayes said of King during the murder trial of her alleged killers. ?I learned a lot from her. She was my rock, and I didn?t realize how much she was there at the time.?

But Hayes was also forthcoming about the casual sexual relationship he had with another woman, Julie Jean, during a break in his relationship with King.

And when Hayes ended that relationship and got engaged to King, prosecutors say, a scorned Jean set in motion a murder-for-hire plot.

King, 35, was shot five times on April 11 by Zakkee Alhakim, whom prosecutors described as an assassin hired by Jean. Jean, 35, and Alhakim, 34, are charged with first- and third-degree murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Where's CC's toaster?
    Hopefully in Julie Jean's bathtub.

Thread Information