Thread: ABC's Dax Tejera (37) died from choking amid 'acute alcohol intoxication' while out to dinner;he and his wife left their kids at the hotel alone

ABC's Dax Tejera (37) died from choking amid 'acute alcohol intoxication' while out to dinner;he and his wife left their kids at the hotel alone

I thought we had a thread on this guy but I searched and didn?t find it. For anyone who didn?t hear of this story, ABC news producer died suddenly while out at dinner with his wife and friends. Then it came out they had left their 2 year old and 5 month old home alone during said dinner. First reports said he died of a heart attack but now it?s been revealed he choked to death because he was so drunk. Wife was charged with leaving the kids alone.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...y/11218509002/

He wasnt passed put and choked on his vomit? Hmm thats how most alcoholics die though (or a fall).

They left a 2 and 5 month old home alone? Are they fucking kidding? A 2 year old is basically an ambulating baby. They get into stuff, stick things in their mouth (my kid choked on a nickel when he was 2).

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He wasnt passed put and choked on his vomit? Hmm thats how most alcoholics die though (or a fall).

They left a 2 and 5 month old home alone? Are they fucking kidding? A 2 year old is basically an ambulating baby. They get into stuff, stick things in their mouth (my kid choked on a nickel when he was 2).
    https://www.eonline.com/news/1364377...death-revealed

A little more than a month after the ABC News producer died at the age of 37, the New York City Office of Chief Medical Examiner confirms to E! News that his cause of death was "asphyxia due to obstruction of airway by food bolus complicating acute alcohol intoxication."

Tejera's manner of death, according to the Chief Medical Examiner Office, has been ruled an accident.

Yeah I don?t really understand how the scientific relation to being drunk/choking. Do you choke faster when you?re drunk or lose your oxygen faster or is this just them saying he probably choked cause he was buzzed off his ass?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Didn't they leave the children alone in a hotel room? Who does that???

I thought we had a thread on this guy....what a crazy way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    https://www.eonline.com/news/1364377...death-revealed

A little more than a month after the ABC News producer died at the age of 37, the New York City Office of Chief Medical Examiner confirms to E! News that his cause of death was "asphyxia due to obstruction of airway by food bolus complicating acute alcohol intoxication."

Tejera's manner of death, according to the Chief Medical Examiner Office, has been ruled an accident.

Yeah I don?t really understand how the scientific relation to being drunk/choking. Do you choke faster when you?re drunk or lose your oxygen faster or is this just them saying he probably choked cause he was buzzed off his ass?
    I think it just means that you're more susceptible to choking when you're drunk because you don't always chew your food as well and I'm assuming your reaction time is hampered by being drunk. Some of what will save you if you start choking is the muscle control in your throat, but if you're drunk I'm sure that affects it. Basically, they're saying that he choked and being plastered when it happened didn't do him any favors.

As for leaving kids that young alone at home? Trashy AF and SO dangerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I think it just means that you're more susceptible to choking when you're drunk because you don't always chew your food as well and I'm assuming your reaction time is hampered by being drunk. Some of what will save you if you start choking is the muscle control in your throat, but if you're drunk I'm sure that affects it. Basically, they're saying that he choked and being plastered when it happened didn't do him any favors.

Thank you for explaining that.
    You?d be shocked at the amount of people that leave their kids alone. There was a post on Reddit I saw before from a mom group of a mom talking about how badly she needed to run to the store across the street for laundry soap or something but she couldn?t go cause her baby was sleeping. There were a LOT of comments from moms saying they?d done similar things when their kids were babies and I was shocked. Or moms encouraging that it?s okay if it?s not very far or very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post

I have also heard that alcohol relaxes the part of the brain that controls the gag reflex. That's why a lot of drunks die on their own vomit. Anyway, the first reflex to choking is that the body will try to gag it up and it usually works, and if he was really drunk his brain probably didn't react like it normally would have.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I have also heard that alcohol relaxes the part of the brain that controls the gag reflex. That's why a lot of drunks die on their own vomit. Anyway, the first reflex to choking is that the body will try to gag it up and it usually works, and if he was really drunk his brain probably didn't react like it normally would have.
    That makes so much sense. I didn't know that about the gag reflex, but I could definitely see that happening. I always assumed that people who choked on their own vomit when drunk aspirated on it or just were passed out so didn't wake up to react, but the gag reflex being hampered makes a lot of sense. Probably any number of those things will unalive you while drunk. Scary stuff!

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    100%...this is it.

100% that and being drunk probably contributed to his decision to run outside and collapse in a corner instead of making the universal symbol for choking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Didn't they leave the children alone in a hotel room? Who does that???
    This is old but...Madeleine McCann

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHag42 View Post
    100% that and being drunk probably contributed to his decision to run outside and collapse in a corner instead of making the universal symbol for choking.
    Yep. I could see that too. Not being able to react like you normally would.

Chew your food, kids!

Thread Information