Thread: Two US Citizens killed after being kidnapped while in Mexico

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Two US Citizens killed after being kidnapped while in Mexico

https://nypost.com/2023/03/06/4-us-c...in-mexico-idd/

Four US citizens kidnapped in Mexico ID?d as friends from SC traveling for 'tummy tuck'

The four US citizens shot at and abducted in Mexico were identified by family members Monday as a group of friends from South Carolina.

Latavia 'Tay' McGee, Shaeed Woodard, Zindell Brown and Eric James Williams who remain missing had traveled to Mexico for a cosmetic medical procedure when they were abducted on Friday, according to relatives who spoke to ABC News and The Associated Press.

Kidnapped.jpeg

'This is like a bad dream you wish you could wake up from,' said Brown's sister Zalandria Brown. 'To see a member of your family thrown in the back of a truck and dragged, it is just unbelievable.'

She said her brother had two friends had accompanied a third pal to get a tummy tuck surgery.

McGee's mother Barbara Burgess, 54, told ABC News that she was concerned about her daughter?s trip to get cosmetic work done and warned her not to go.

But her daughter told her 'Ma, I'll be okay,' before leaving on the journey Wednesday, she recalled.

McGee, 35, was scheduled to have the surgery on Friday. She called her mother to say she was 15 minutes away from the doctor's office, Burgess said.

That was the last time she heard from her daughter.

'Her phone just started going to voicemail,' Burgess told the news station.

The group had crossed over the southern border from Texas into the notoriously dangerous city of Matamoros in Tamaulipas when their white minivan came under fire and they were grabbed by gunmen.

Shocking video of the purported abduction posted online shows men in bulletproof vests pushing a woman into the flatbed of a white pickup truck before carrying a man and throwing him into it. Then they dragged two more men across the ground into the same flatbed.

The woman sat up in the back, while two of the men appeared to be unresponsive, either wounded or dead, according to the footage and a witness.

'The other two they dragged across the pavement, we don't know if they were alive or dead,' said the witness who asked not to be named to protect herself.

The FBI is offering a $50,000 reward for the return of the victims and arrests of the gunmen.

Latavia: https://www.facebook.com/taymcgee96

Shaeed: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100087891464652

Eric: https://www.facebook.com/eric.wiz.562
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 03-07-2023 at 07:50 AM.

How terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    You couldn't pay me to go to Mexico. Not even when it was considered relatively safe years ago. The only place I ever wanted to really go to down there is Cancun and even that place gets hit these days. Go to the Maldives or Bahamas or even Costa Rica instead if you want tropical weather.

What's sad is that so many people are forced to go there for cheap medication. I know that this wasn't the case here, but it easily could have been any of the number of people that go there to get life saving medicines that are over priced and gouged in the U.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Dont they usually kidnap people for ransom?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-64878721

Two dead, two alive after US kidnapping in Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Dont they usually kidnap people for ransom?
    I think in some parts of South America they do. Usually missionaries. Also in the Philippines. I don't think so in Mexico. They just like to rob and kill Americans as far as I've seen.

Famous last words.

"Ma, I'll be okay."
    I will never go to Mexico. The water sucks and I don't want this happening to me. I'm sure people who enjoy going to Mexican resorts will still go, but I'm not risking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I love Mexico, been a million times. I will go again, but I would never go to a border town/area and there are other parts of Mexico I would avoid.

I?ve been to Cozumel and Progeso. Pretty places but it?s easy to get lost or rushed along with a crowd. I got caught in a crowd of people trying to sell things and shoved along until next thing I know I was on a double decker bus separated from my family. I?m sure there?s plenty of safe places but at this point I barely feel safe leaving the house.

Ive been to Mexico several times via cruise, and i felt safe, just annoyed how the people tried to sell me stuff. I saw several really bad off strays that broke my heart. Isnt there hospitals in better areas of Mexico that offer less expensive plastic surgery? Like places that dont have a drug cartel running them?

Im sure the 2 people that lived have survivors guilt for sure. I would probably be better off not knowing what they went through.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Ive been to Mexico several times via cruise, and i felt safe, just annoyed how the people tried to sell me stuff. I saw several really bad off strays that broke my heart. Isnt there hospitals in better areas of Mexico that offer less expensive plastic surgery? Like places that dont have a drug cartel running them?

Im sure the 2 people that lived have survivors guilt for sure. I would probably be better off not knowing what they went through.
    I had surgery in Cancun in a very nice hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I had surgery in Cancun in a very nice hospital.
    Was it expensive? I need the works, the "mommy makeover"

There have been numerous women from my town who have went to Mexico for weight loss surgery and some I?ve went to high school with. My husband has a male co worker who went for the same too. If you choose the right place they can be very luxurious looking and cheap priced. I think the big problem is people getting lost and ending up in the wrong territories. One of the girls I went to school with went down there and had her stomach stapled or lap band and she said they made her ring the bell for having the biggest belly that day lmao

Also I know being thinner is healthy but I?ve never in my life seen one single person come back from down there having a weight loss procedure not look 10-20 years older after they lose the weight. The women in my town who have done it look terrible in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    There have been numerous women from my town who have went to Mexico for weight loss surgery and some I?ve went to high school with. My husband has a male co worker who went for the same too. If you choose the right place they can be very luxurious looking and cheap priced. I think the big problem is people getting lost and ending up in the wrong territories. One of the girls I went to school with went down there and had her stomach stapled or lap band and she said they made her ring the bell for having the biggest belly that day lmao

Also I know being thinner is healthy but I?ve never in my life seen one single person come back from down there having a weight loss procedure not look 10-20 years older after they lose the weight. The women in my town who have done it look terrible in the face.
    That's because fat fills in the wrinkles. It's why I stay fat

Was it expensive? I need the works, the "mommy makeover"
    I don't know about that. I had an experimental weight loss surgery where they mimicked the sleeve but didn't cut anything out, they rolled up my stomach and sutured it. The sutures came out months later, but I lost about 60 lbs and have kept most of it off. I don't know that I would do it again based on some blood pressure issues I had post surgery, but if I did I certainly wouldn't go to Matamoras or Tiajuana where most people go. I researched the hell out of my doctor (he was an American with privileges to practice in both countries) and paid extra to go to the hospital I did.

https://apnews.com/article/mexico-mi...fb8f896aa91f4e

Letter claims Mexican cartel handed over men who killed Americans

A letter claiming to be from the Mexican drug cartel blamed for abducting four Americans and killing two of them condemned the violence and said the gang turned over to authorities its own members who were responsible.

In a letter obtained by The Associated Press through a Tamaulipas state law enforcement official, the Scorpions faction of the Gulf cartel apologized to the residents of Matamoros where the Americans were kidnapped, the Mexican woman who died in the cartel shootout, and the four Americans and their families.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://apnews.com/article/mexico-mi...fb8f896aa91f4e

Letter claims Mexican cartel handed over men who killed Americans
    Well, that makes everything okay then. How admirable of them.

I still feel something is off with this trip, we are not being told everything. Or those involved are not telling us everything. 3 men needed to go with her? Hmmm possibly they were hoping to return home with so called "souvenirs"?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by castletonking View Post
    I still feel something is off with this trip, we are not being told everything. Or those involved are not telling us everything. 3 men needed to go with her? Hmmm possibly they were hoping to return home with so called "souvenirs"?
    From what I read somewhere, there was another woman on the trip with them. She stayed in the hotel, as she didn't feel comfortable going. Maybe the three men felt the need to protect her or something.

that's very possible

Thread Information