Thread: San Francisco DJ, Jeffrey Vandergrift's (54) remains found near the SF Pier one month after he went missing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

San Francisco DJ, Jeffrey Vandergrift's (54) remains found near the SF Pier one month after he went missing

https://nypost.com/2023/02/28/san-fr...nstagram-post/

San Francisco radio DJ Jeffrey Vandergrift disappears after alarming Instagram post

A popular and longtime San Francisco radio DJ disappeared four days ago after writing an alarming Instagram post.

Jeffrey Vandergrift ? known as ?JV? on the Bay Area?s Wild 94.9 hit music station ? was last seen at his San Francisco home around 10 p.m. Thursday, according to a missing persons report that listed him as ?at-risk.?

Vandergrift?s employer said there has been no trackable activity on his phone or charges on his credit cards or bank accounts since he was reported missing to the San Francisco Police Department.

The 54-year-old morning show host notably edited the caption of the most recent post on his Instagram page ? which was from Aug. 20 ? around the time he disappeared.

Vandergrift is described as a 6-foot-tall, bald white man who weighs approximately 180 pounds.

He has brown eyes and several tattoos on his arms and one above his right ear, police said.

Wild 94.9 said it?s working closely with police and Vandergrift?s wife, Natasha Yi.
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theoriginaljv/?hl=en

FB: https://www.facebook.com/JV.Aftermeth

I tried to attach a screenshot of his post to no avail. This is what he wrote:

Thank you for a wonderful life-filed w joy, laughs, pain & struggle. It’s been a great journey. Your support & prayers meant the world. Keep shinin’ love=❤️ compassion=�� understanding =�� truth=�� forgiveness=�� peace=�� and hope=��for others.

I should add he also changed his location on Twitter to 'The Other Side' and linked a story about a young woman who committed suicide due to Lyme Disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I should add he also changed his location on Twitter to 'The Other Side' and linked a story about a young woman who committed suicide due to Lyme Disease.
    Oh man

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yikes. They need to check footage from the Golden Gate because that's where people saying that kind of stuff disappear forever. That's the only thing I can think of where they wouldn't have found him by now
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Here is a blog he wrote detailing his journey before/during his Lyme disease diagnosis:

https://wild949.iheart.com/featured/...ils-thank-you/

Here is a blog he wrote detailing his journey before/during his Lyme disease diagnosis:

I feel for this guy big time because it took so long to finally diagnose my MS and a lot of his symptoms mirror MS in regards to the vertigo, brain fog and equilibrium issues. My body ALWAYS feels like it's rocking back and forth when I'm standing still and increasingly certain ads with fast graphics on the TV, lines like crosswalks etc throw me off and mess me up. It's the most bizarre feeling that I can't describe, but even though I don't have anything near epilepsy I can relate to the "flashing lights" issue.

Being told over and over again that they don't know what it is and worse, being treated like you're a hypochondriac when you KNOW something is wrong is mentally debilitating. It's like being gaslighted continuously and then just given meds to rid of you. It's one of the reasons why I avoid prescriptions or even Advil unless I really need it.

*side note PLEASE LEGALIZE POT IN Ireland. I'm dying here*

This guy just finally gave up. He knew that it was never going to end and could only be managed and likely felt like he was a burden on his loved ones and decided it was best if he weren't around anymore. It's tragic AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I feel for this guy big time because it took so long to finally diagnose my MS and a lot of his symptoms mirror MS in regards to the vertigo, brain fog and equilibrium issues. My body ALWAYS feels like it's rocking back and forth when I'm standing still and increasingly certain ads with fast graphics on the TV, lines like crosswalks etc throw me off and mess me up. It's the most bizarre feeling that I can't describe, but even though I don't have anything near epilepsy I can relate to the "flashing lights" issue.

Being told over and over again that they don't know what it is and worse, being treated like you're a hypochondriac when you KNOW something is wrong is mentally debilitating. It's like being gaslighted continuously and then just given meds to rid of you. It's one of the reasons why I avoid prescriptions or even Advil unless I really need it.

This guy just finally gave up. He knew that it was never going to end and could only be managed and likely felt like he was a burden on his loved ones and decided it was best if he weren't around anymore. It's tragic AF.
    I cannot imagine what it must be like.

One of my teachers at school got Lyme disease. She stopped teaching and was in bad shape.

Reading what he went through was horrifying. That poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post

I went on a cruise, and afterwards I had the feeling of rocking back and forth for a week. Turns out I had a pretty bad inner ear infection. I couldnt get shit done in that week. I couldnt concentrate with the rocking feeling. I do not know how you live like that. I really feel for you. You are a stronger and better person than I. I almost lost my shit after a week.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco...e-coming-back/

Search for missing beloved San Francisco DJ Jeffrey Vandergrift takes grim turn

In a social media posting, the wife of missing DJ Jeffrey Vandergrift, who goes by the name "JV" on air, revealed "that personal information has recently been discovered that leads us to believe JV will not be coming back."

Natasha Yi, who is also a Wild 94.9 host, apologized for her silence over the last several days, but said she and her family have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of public support.

A memorial outside the radio station continued to grow Thursday morning.

"Thank you to our friends and the entire i-HeartRadio family and listeners for your love, support and prayers. I can feel your love and energy for JV, and I am so grateful for it. The amount of compassion for the physical torture JV has been going through for the past 2 years has been overwhelming," she posted.

"I have been in so much pain and fear and I know all of you have been so scared and concerned for JV as well."

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sf/artic...v-17856188.php

Missing San Francisco radio host found dead

Police and firefighters said they pulled human remains from the water near Pier 39 at about 5 p.m. Wednesday evening.

"At this time, we have no evidence of foul play," San Francisco Police Sgt. Adam Lobsinger said in a statement. Law enforcement turned the body over to the Medical Examiner to conduct an investigation, and did not confirm whether the death had been a suicide. The radio station later acknowledged his death with a somber statement.

"With a heavy heart, we must confirm that the body found near Pier 39 Wednesday afternoon has been identified as our dear friend, family member and colleague, JV," the statement read. "We are devastated to know now that JV is gone. Please keep his wife, Natasha, his family and close friends in your thoughts and prayers. JV, we'll miss you. You are forever a Bay Area icon."

I'm very sad to be correct this time. He obviously jumped. They need to check their cameras to confirm. He's lucky he was found in order to be put to rest. They usually don't end up at the piers

Thread Information