Thread: Faleena Hopkins (52), romance writer, missing since 1/30/23 from Wyoming

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Faleena Hopkins (52), romance writer, missing since 1/30/23 from Wyoming

https://people.com/crime/romance-wri...sed-from-jail/

Romance Writer Who Tried to Trademark the Word 'Cocky' Is Missing After Being Released from Jail

A romance novelist who infamously tried to trademark the term "cocky" has been missing since her release from jail after allegedly leading police on a high-speed chase.

Faleena Marie Hopkins is named as a missing person on the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigations website.

Per the agency, the 52-year-old author has not been seen since Jan. 30. At the time, she was in Jackson, Wyoming.

Hopkins is described as "a white female, approximately 5'7", 135 pounds, with green eyes and blond hair." She also has an infinity sign on her left wrist and the phrase "Follow All Instincts" on her right. A lion's face is on her shoulder and a hummingbird is on her right ankle.

Those with details of Hopkins' whereabouts are urged to contact the Jackson Police Department in Wyoming at (307) 733-1430 or the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation at (307) 777-7181.

The Jackson Police Department did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.

On Jan. 27, police said officers spotted Hopkins parked at Jackson Lake Junction. She allegedly fled from officers, taking them on a chase that lasted 24 miles, according to Jackson Hole Daily. To detain her, police used spike strips to flatten her tires.

She was arrested and booked at Teton County Jail before being released on Jan. 30. She hasn't been seen since. A friend told the publication via email that she's been missing for 10 days.

Hopkins is scheduled for another federal court appearance on the morning of Feb. 28, the Jackson Hole Daily reported.

She's charged with stopping or parking on the roadway, operating in excess of the posted speed limit and fleeing or attempting to elude police.
    All her social media has been deleted, but here is her sister's FB: https://www.facebook.com/shannon.mackey.908

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Okay, so let me get this straight. She led the cops on a high speed chase because of a parking violation? AND she tried to trademark the word "Cocky".

She's obviously got a few issues. Hawaii is a nice choice to take off to though.

ETA: This is from her Sister 4 days ago. I'm tending to believe that this is true:

⭐️EMERGENCY POST! PLEASE READ⭐️

Hey everyone. Thank you all for your continued support.
    News articles have come out regarding Faleena?s disappearance.
    ‼️There is a pretty crucial piece of info that has been missing from ALL articles pertaining to this.‼️
    This missing info has led to two separate misunderstandings and the spread of misinformation: some people are under the impression that the police are searching for her as if she is some sort of fugitive or criminal? nothing could be further from the truth.
    Some people believe (and have reported) that the ?police chase? and first resulting news article (dated 1/30/23) represents a CONCLUSION to this situation? as if she was missing and has been found and arrested.

Under the circumstances, I wish that was true? cuz at least I?d know where she is. But Faleena has NOT been located. She is still missing and a multi-jurisdictional investigation is underway.

EVERYONE WHO KNOWS FALEENA knows that the idea of her running from the police is ludicrous. TO CLARIFY, here is the key information regarding the ?police chase?: Faleena was alone in an incredibly remote location when a truck pulled in behind her and a man approached her car. This man turned out to be a park ranger. At the time, she was already in crisis mode and she did NOT recognize this person as law enforcement. (This park ranger DID NOT do anything wrong.)
    At this point, she did what our policeman father always taught us to do in a situation where someone in an unmarked vehicle tries to pull you over and/or you feel unsafe: you KEEP DRIVING until you find a public area and feel safe to pull over. Upon exiting the park, there were two (clearly marked) police cruisers and she pulled over.
    ***She was not running FROM them? she was running TO them.*** Which, of course, those officers did not know or understand at the time.

Back at the police station, they very quickly recognized that they were NOT dealing with a criminal or a person who had any reason to run from law enforcement. They immediately understood that they had a person in crisis. Since that time, their ONLY concern has been locating her to ensure her safety.
    I hope this info serves to help you all make a bit more sense of this story. Everything we know about who Faleena is just doesn?t jive with the idea of her running from police. She has no criminal record, zero history of any type of substance abuse, no DUI?s, no abuse of alcohol, etc. Thankfully, her absolutely spotless record allowed police themselves to rapidly come to the same conclusion and switch into the mode of locating and helping her. The Wyoming police detectives have been amazing and incredibly helpful throughout this situation.

Again, thank you all for your prayers, love and light. And a big thanks to everyone who has provided tips, info and helped moderate and differentiate the facts from the confusion. You are all amazing and I am so grateful to you. ♥️

Shannon

‼️Ps: the tabloids have gotten wind of this story. They have messaged me, called me? they sound very respectful and concerned. They say things like: they want to ?help raise awareness?. But, upon further digging, I discover they are from a tabloid. PLEASE DO NOT SPEAK TO REPORTERS. Every article so far has focused on all the wrong things, and has been lacking in crucial information. Because of their incomplete and irresponsible reporting with NO corrections provided once more information became available, there have been misunderstandings to the point where people thought she was found, and therefore stopped looking for her. If you are contacted by any reporter, please refer them back to the police or, if you?d like, refer them back to me so that I can read them the riot act and beg them to use their platform to actually contribute positively to finding my sister by being more responsible in their reporting.
    Thank you all. ♥️
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 02-18-2023 at 01:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Okay, so let me get this straight. She led the cops on a high speed chase because of a parking violation? AND she tried to trademark the word "Cocky".

She's obviously got a few issues. Hawaii is a nice choice to take off to though.

ETA: This is from her Sister 4 days ago. I'm tending to believe that this is true:
    Yeah, I think that is likely what happened. I know for a fact if I were in the same situation, I would be very cautious.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://people.com/crime/missing-rom...-wyoming-jail/

Missing Romance Novelist Found After Disappearing Following Her Release from Wyoming Jail
    Now see.....this is what I don't understand. This is way too much detail to claim that she mistook the Ranger as not being LE and therefore traveled to a spot where she felt more secure before stopping:

On Jan. 27, police said officers spotted Hopkins parked at Jackson Lake Junction. She allegedly fled from officers, taking them on a chase that lasted 24 miles until they were finally able to pull her over using spike strips to flatten her tires, according to Jackson Hole Daily.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Now see.....this is what I don't understand. This is way too much detail to claim that she mistook the Ranger as not being LE and therefore traveled to a spot where she felt more secure before stopping:
    Yeah, a 24 mile chase ending when they used spike strips...she was fleeing from the officer.

Thread Information