Thread: Gary Levin (74) found dead after disappearing while driving for Lyft; Mathew Flores (35) charged for his murder

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Gary Levin (74) found dead after disappearing while driving for Lyft; Mathew Flores (35) charged for his murder

Full story here: https://6abc.com/missing-florida-lyf...LbP24VfXc4oelE

Lyft driver, Philly native and Eagles fan, remains missing after murder suspect found in his vehicle

Police in Florida and North Carolina are working through a mystery involving a missing Lyft driver who is originally from Philadelphia.

Authorities are trying to figure out if 74-year-old Gary Levin crossed paths with an accused murderer.

The car owned by Levin was found in North Carolina and the man who was driving it is wanted in connection with a homicide in southwest Florida, authorities said Friday.

Levin hasn't been heard from since last Monday, when his family says he picked up a customer in Delray Beach, Florida. His red 2022 Kia Stinger was spotted in Miami that day, then in a rural area north of Lake Okeechobee and later in north Florida, officials said.

The vehicle was seen Thursday evening in North Carolina after the U.S. Marshal's regional task force asked authorities to be on the lookout. Matthew Flores was arrested following a police chase through three counties, Rutherford County, North Carolina Sheriff Aaron Ellenburg told The Associated Press.

Ellenburg said North Carolina state troopers used stop sticks to halt the vehicle in Ellenboro. The sheriff said Flores fled briefly on foot before he was apprehended and taken to a hospital for an evaluation. He was later booked into the county jail, and the vehicle was taken to a secure location, the sheriff said.

Flores, 35, was being held on no bond for a parole violation and a $615,000 bond for charges in North Carolina that include eluding law enforcement, speeding and intoxicated driving.

He appeared at a brief hearing in North Carolina where a judge set bail at $2 million and scheduled another hearing for Feb. 22, according to news outlets. Flores would eventually be extradited to Florida, where he is a suspect in a slaying on Jan. 24 - nearly a week before Levin went missing on Monday. It was not immediately known whether Flores has a lawyer who can speak on his behalf.

Authorities are investigating how Flores obtained the missing Lyft driver's car - Levin's family said they do not know whether Flores was the passenger Levin picked up in Delray Beach on Monday. John Eason, the police chief in Wauchula, Florida, told The AP in a phone interview that officers are heading to North Carolina in hopes of interviewing Flores about the Jan. 24 killing and the missing Lyft driver.

"Our biggest concern at this point is finding and identifying where Mr. Levin is at," Eason said. "A lot of that depends on whether the suspect cooperates with us."
    Gary's FB: https://www.facebook.com/gary.levin1

I knew this one was not going to end happily. I hope for Mr Levin's family's sake, they find him soon so they can begin the grieving process.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    https://www.wptv.com/news/region-n-p...as-passed-away

Daughter of missing Lyft driver Gary Levin says father has passed away

The daughter of a missing Palm Beach Gardens Lyft driver posted Tuesday on Facebook that her father has died.

Multiple sources tell WPTV the remains found in Okeechobee County on Saturday are those of missing Lyft driver Gary Levin, 74.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement said in a Tuesday statement that they identified the victim but did not release a name, citing Marsy's Law. FDLE said the death was a result of a homicide and the investigation remained active.

Thomas Bakkedahl, the state attorney who serves Okeechobee County, said Tuesday that Matthew Flores, 35, is a person of interest in the case.

Levin's daughter, Lindsay DiBetta, posted that they will be announcing information on services in her father's honor in the next few days.

"My dad was truly a one of [a] kind person, if you knew him or even met him once you know exactly what I mean when I say that," DiBetta said in the post.

DiBetta went on to say she wanted to thank everyone for "the outpouring love and prayers throughout this nightmare situation. At this time my family and I are asking for privacy so we can process the unfortunate information we have received."

The missing Lyft driver was last seen alive Jan. 30.

A man's badly decomposed body was found Saturday in a wooded area near State Road 70 and Northeast 40th Avenue.

This location was about 2 miles from where investigators said Levin's phone last pinged following his disappearance last week.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

I hope that guy fucking rots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

He has been charged with the stolen car, but also, he is charged with shooting and killing another man in January.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-n-p...ary-levin-case

Matthew Flores faces new charge in Gary Levin case

Thread Information