Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50

Thread: Nicola Bulley (45) found dead in a river almost three months after she went missing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,783
    Rep Power
    21474859

    Nicola Bulley (45) found dead in a river almost three months after she went missing

    https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/04/uk/ni...gbr/index.html

    Mortgage broker Nicola Bulley greeted fellow dog walkers as she took a route along the River Wyre in Lancashire, northern England, police believe.

    During the walk, she dialed into a work conference call, keeping her camera off and microphone muted. By 9.30 a.m., the Teams call had ended ? but Bulley remained logged on.

    A short while later, her dog Willow was found wandering alone. Her phone was recovered on a riverside bench. But Bulley had vanished.

  2. #2
    Cousin Greg Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    17,521
    Rep Power
    21474865
    If she was at an area where there were other walkers, someone had to see something.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,783
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    If she was at an area where there were other walkers, someone had to see something.
    Agreed. And it wasn't like it was super early in the morning and was still dark or something. At 9:30am it was daylight and since she was out walking I am assuming the weather was ok. My guess is that there were plenty of other people around at that time.

    Just like a lot of other cases recently they are saying it isn't suspicious, but I don't get the feeling she disappeared on her own, and I don't think this will end well. If I am planning on disappearing I am NOT going to participate in a mindless zoom call for work, and I'm not going to put my dog in a situation where it can get hurt/killed.

  4. #4
    Cousin Greg Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    17,521
    Rep Power
    21474865
    Whats weird is her phone was on a bench.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  5. #5
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    23,510
    Rep Power
    21474871
    This one is getting lots of attention in Ireland too. It's really sad and they really don't have much to go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass



  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,783
    Rep Power
    21474859
    So the police are now saying they think she fell in the river. Wouldn't her phone be with her if that was the case?

    There is a pic of the 'river' in the article below. There is zero current to the river and it's really narrow. If she did fall into it I would think she could easily just climb out. The forum with all the rules is reporting that the river would only be waist deep if she stood up in it.

    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...police-latest/

    Her FB: https://www.facebook.com/people/Nico...FwexfZpDJVasl/
    Nicola Bulley's family and friends question police theory she 'fell into river'

  7. #7
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    23,510
    Rep Power
    21474871
    They're taking a page from the American Law Enforcement playbook. "We don't want to deal with it and actually do our job so this is what we think happened. Case closed".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass



  8. #8
    Moderator Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    11,760
    Rep Power
    21474856
    This is very strange.

  9. #9
    Cousin Greg Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    17,521
    Rep Power
    21474865
    The only thing I can think of is she had a medical event, but they would have found her by now.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  10. #10
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    23,510
    Rep Power
    21474871
    Well, the head of the underwater search team doesn't believe she fell in to the water and I'm going to believe a professional over some dumb cop:

    https://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2023/0207...ola-bulley-uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass



  11. #11
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,783
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Well, the head of the underwater search team doesn't believe she fell in to the water and I'm going to believe a professional over some dumb cop:

    https://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2023/0207...ola-bulley-uk/
    The 'fell in the waist deep water' scenario never made a lot of sense to me.

  12. #12
    Moderator Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    11,760
    Rep Power
    21474856
    This is starting to remind me of Heidi Planck's disappearance.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    This is the timeline they know so far:

    08:43 - Ms Bulley walked along the path by the River Wyre with her dog Willow after dropping her children off at school
    08:47 - A dog walker, who knows Ms Bulley, saw her walking along the lower field.
    08:53 - Ms Bulley sent an email to her boss
    09:01 - She logged on to a Teams call
    09:10 - A witness, who knows Ms Bulley, saw her on the upper field walking with Willow
    09:20 - Police inquiries suggest her phone was on the bench
    09:30 - The Teams call ended but her phone remains logged in
    About 09:35 - Ms Bulley's mobile phone and Willow were found at a riverside bench

    The team of specialist divers expected to find her directly below where she might've fallen in, as it's not a fast-flowing river - but they've now searched miles of water and not found her. It's so strange. People are of course speculating that her husband could be involved, but there's zero evidence so far.

  14. #14
    Moderator Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    11,760
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieb View Post
    This is the timeline they know so far:

    08:43 - Ms Bulley walked along the path by the River Wyre with her dog Willow after dropping her children off at school
    08:47 - A dog walker, who knows Ms Bulley, saw her walking along the lower field.
    08:53 - Ms Bulley sent an email to her boss
    09:01 - She logged on to a Teams call
    09:10 - A witness, who knows Ms Bulley, saw her on the upper field walking with Willow
    09:20 - Police inquiries suggest her phone was on the bench
    09:30 - The Teams call ended but her phone remains logged in
    About 09:35 - Ms Bulley's mobile phone and Willow were found at a riverside bench

    The team of specialist divers expected to find her directly below where she might've fallen in, as it's not a fast-flowing river - but they've now searched miles of water and not found her. It's so strange. People are of course speculating that her husband could be involved, but there's zero evidence so far.
    Thank you for this. It really is strange.

  15. #15
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    23,510
    Rep Power
    21474871
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieb View Post
    This is the timeline they know so far:

    08:43 - Ms Bulley walked along the path by the River Wyre with her dog Willow after dropping her children off at school
    08:47 - A dog walker, who knows Ms Bulley, saw her walking along the lower field.
    08:53 - Ms Bulley sent an email to her boss
    09:01 - She logged on to a Teams call
    09:10 - A witness, who knows Ms Bulley, saw her on the upper field walking with Willow
    09:20 - Police inquiries suggest her phone was on the bench
    09:30 - The Teams call ended but her phone remains logged in
    About 09:35 - Ms Bulley's mobile phone and Willow were found at a riverside bench

    The team of specialist divers expected to find her directly below where she might've fallen in, as it's not a fast-flowing river - but they've now searched miles of water and not found her. It's so strange. People are of course speculating that her husband could be involved, but there's zero evidence so far.
    Thank you for the clear timeline.

    She was still on a Teams Call when she disappeared. Usually those are like Zoom meetings where it's video chat, was this one not like that? Even so, did nobody hear anything or notice that she was still logged in to the meeting and just not answering? I guess I'm not that familiar with MS Teams since it's mainly a UK or European thing. As as matter of fact, they're going to set me up to do it tomorrow with a coworker lol. I'm used to Zoom.

    Either way, of course they will look at the Husband because they have to. It's really bizarre because you would think that if it were an abduction of some sort, that they dog would create a ruckus and people who were around would be alerted. It's as if she vanished in to thin air. Did they not use scent dogs to see what path she took?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass



  16. #16
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    12,810
    Rep Power
    21474862
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Thank you for the clear timeline.

    She was still on a Teams Call when she disappeared. Usually those are like Zoom meetings where it's video chat, was this one not like that? Even so, did nobody hear anything or notice that she was still logged in to the meeting and just not answering? I guess I'm not that familiar with MS Teams since it's mainly a UK or European thing. As as matter of fact, they're going to set me up to do it tomorrow with a coworker lol. I'm used to Zoom.

    Either way, of course they will look at the Husband because they have to. It's really bizarre because you would think that if it were an abduction of some sort, that they dog would create a ruckus and people who were around would be alerted. It's as if she vanished in to thin air. Did they not use scent dogs to see what path she took?
    she dialed into a work conference call, keeping her camera off and microphone muted.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  17. #17
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    23,510
    Rep Power
    21474871
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    she dialed into a work conference call, keeping her camera off and microphone muted.
    I just re-read the first post and yes, it does mention that she kept her camera off and her microphone muted. I guess I don't understand why they didn't think that was strange at all. To not say anything at all the entire call. I can see not having the camera on and I can see muting yourself when it's not your turn to talk, but why are you even part of the meeting if you aren't supposed to be asked questions or ask questions or be a part of it at all? Nobody asked her a question during the meeting? Nobody thought it was strange that she didn't interact at all even if for 10 seconds? I dunno. I guess I can't really answer that without knowing how their meetings normally work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass



  18. #18
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    12,810
    Rep Power
    21474862
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I just re-read the first post and yes, it does mention that she kept her camera off and her microphone muted. I guess I don't understand why they didn't think that was strange at all. To not say anything at all the entire call. I can see not having the camera on and I can see muting yourself when it's not your turn to talk, but why are you even part of the meeting if you aren't supposed to be asked questions or ask questions or be a part of it at all? Nobody asked her a question during the meeting? Nobody thought it was strange that she didn't interact at all even if for 10 seconds? I dunno. I guess I can't really answer that without knowing how their meetings normally work.
    Yeah my first thought "this could've been an email"


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  19. #19
    Moderator Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    11,760
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I just re-read the first post and yes, it does mention that she kept her camera off and her microphone muted. I guess I don't understand why they didn't think that was strange at all. To not say anything at all the entire call. I can see not having the camera on and I can see muting yourself when it's not your turn to talk, but why are you even part of the meeting if you aren't supposed to be asked questions or ask questions or be a part of it at all? Nobody asked her a question during the meeting? Nobody thought it was strange that she didn't interact at all even if for 10 seconds? I dunno. I guess I can't really answer that without knowing how their meetings normally work.
    I have meetings where I don't need to speak, so I put myself on mute and stay off camera on Teams.

  20. #20
    Cousin Greg Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    17,521
    Rep Power
    21474865
    So what does everyone think happened to her? She was abducted?

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  21. #21
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    23,510
    Rep Power
    21474871
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So what does everyone think happened to her? She was abducted?
    That's got to be it. She didn't go in to the water, if she tried to leave on her own accord I would think the dog would have followed her and how would she manage to do that without any resources? This is why I'm wondering if they even tried using dogs to follow her trail. Seems pretty obvious that this would be what you should do to track where she went.

    However, even abducted you would think that the dog would kick up some kind of stink or try to follow them unless it's one of those that just doesn't care about anything. My dog would be freaking the fuck out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass



  22. #22
    Moderator Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    11,760
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    That's got to be it. She didn't go in to the water, if she tried to leave on her own accord I would think the dog would have followed her and how would she manage to do that without any resources? This is why I'm wondering if they even tried using dogs to follow her trail. Seems pretty obvious that this would be what you should do to track where she went.

    However, even abducted you would think that the dog would kick up some kind of stink or try to follow them unless it's one of those that just doesn't care about anything. My dog would be freaking the fuck out.
    If she were abducted, it makes you wonder if the dog knew the person responsible.

  23. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah I've been in a meeting on Teams just today where I spent the entire time muted �� More of a 'webinar' I guess, where the head honchos disseminate info and we all have to listen.

    They've been focusing on the river path for a few days now, unfortunately it's the one way out of the fields that doesn't have CCTV - they've ruled out her leaving any of the other ways because they were able to check the cameras on those exits. The river path leads to a road so they're hoping a motorist might've seen something, but as far as reports go no one's come forward with dashcam footage/a sighting. It really feels like she must've drowned, but the river's slow-flowing and not that deep. Maybe she fell in and the water was cold enough to give her a heart attack, but then I really don't understand where her body is if that's the case.

  24. #24
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    23,510
    Rep Power
    21474871
    Where. Are. The. Search. Dogs.

    This seems so simple to me. What is the deal with this? The longer they wait, the less of a scent they have to follow. They brought in search divers before dogs. Am I living in the Twilight Zone here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass



  25. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Where. Are. The. Search. Dogs.

    This seems so simple to me. What is the deal with this? The longer they wait, the less of a scent they have to follow. They brought in search divers before dogs. Am I living in the Twilight Zone here?

    No you're not! Just done a bit more of a look into it and the Lancashire police department actually stated on 3rd Feb that they'd carried out:

    'Extensive and thorough searches of the river and footpaths by specialist police search teams and partner agencies including HM Coastguard, mountain rescue and Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service. Resources have included specialist search dogs, drone, police helicopter and divers. These searches are continuing.'

    One of the private firms that's been roped in more recently to help appear to have a dog searching in the water as well.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •