Thread: Vanroy Evan Smith (39) allegedly struck cyclist Michael John Mammone (58) with his Lexus and then got out of his vehicle and stabbed him

Vanroy Evan Smith (39) allegedly struck cyclist Michael John Mammone (58) with his Lexus and then got out of his vehicle and stabbed him

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-ma...nt-california/

Biking doctor struck by Lexus in California, then allegedly stabbed to death by driver; bystanders detain suspect

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Some kind of road rage? This is odd.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What the fuck? Was he trying to kill him by hitting him with the car?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I am guessing it was targeted. The victim was a physician and I am wondering if it had something to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I am guessing it was targeted. The victim was a physician and I am wondering if it had something to do with that.
    I thought it may have been the bike rider somehow pissed off the driver and dude snapped. People get killed for cutting someone off in traffic by accident, it's crazy.

But the doctor/patient thing may be a possibility. Just seems unlikely it would happen when he was bike riding, maybe if he were attacked at home or at his office, I would be more inclined to think that.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Jesus fucking Christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Whats sad is he was sent to the ER and died where he saved so many lives.

Fuck this asshole that killed him. I can see accidently hitting a biker, it happens. But I dont think that was the case here. He mowed him down on purpose. And since he wasnt dead, he stabbed him to death.

Who drives around with a knife in their car?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

Fuck this asshole that killed him. I can see accidently hitting a biker, it happens. But I dont think that was the case here. He mowed him down on purpose. And since he wasnt dead, he stabbed him to death.

Someone that planned ahead for this. Definite case for first degree murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

I do! Just in case I feel murdery one day.

Or to cut a seatbelt/break a window in case of emergency ;)

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    I do! Just in case I feel murdery one day.

Or to cut a seatbelt/break a window in case of emergency ;)
    I don't really drive anymore, but in America we had one of those nifty Flashlight/Window Breaker/Seatbelt Cutting tool thingies in each of our cars. With the way police are, I wouldn't risk having a knife in the car at all.

I feel like every guy I know has some sort of knife on them - a lot of them use them at work. It comes in handy when I get new packages, I have my husband open them with his knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't really drive anymore, but in America we had one of those nifty Flashlight/Window Breaker/Seatbelt Cutting tool thingies in each of our cars. With the way police are, I wouldn't risk having a knife in the car at all.
    That makes sense. I am in Canada and grew up in a rural area so knives are pretty common.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    That makes sense. I am in Canada and grew up in a rural area so knives are pretty common.
    Yeah, your Police Brutality stats are much lower too. Makes sense that you guys would be okay to carry knives.

They're not really allowed here in Ireland either, I think. Or at the very least, restricted to a certain extent. I don't really see many knives for sale unless you're looking for kitchen utensils. Hubby had to specially declare his chef knives and they had to be transported in an accepted carrier.

Never really looked up their policy on knives here. I'll have to look it up. I do know that tasers and pepper spray is even illegal so I'm assuming there's something on the books about them.

ETA: I looked it up and it's indeed illegal to carry any kind of knife in Ireland. Even anything that is pointy and could potentially be used as a weapon. HOWEVER, it's at the discretion of the Garda if you're allowed to have it or not. If it's a multi tool with a knife in it and you use it for work, they will not bother you. If you are walking around with a switchblade in Limerick at 2am looking for a fight, then yeah.... You're going to go to jail. There is something called "Zombie Knives" that they've recently cracked down on and comes with a ten year jail sentence if you're caught with one. You are, however, allowed to own knives as long as they are kept at home. People own ask kinds of knives and as long as they don't leave your property, you're fine.

In general, as long as you're not looking for trouble and have a reason for the Gardai to be there in the first place, you're fine carrying a folding knife. Anything else and you're going to get trouble for it.

I'll trade that for living in a safer society any day. You don't need something for self defense when you never have to self defend.

Just in case people are curious:

There were 741 homicide incidents, which include murder, manslaughter and dangerous driving causing death, recorded from between 2013 to 2021.23 Sept 2022
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 02-09-2023 at 08:54 AM.

Thread Information