Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lindsay Clancy (32) killed two of her children (5yo/3yo), injured another (7 months), before attempting suicide in Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    Speaking of choice I saw a video today saying Arkansas is trying to pass a law that if a mother?s identity becomes known after surrendering a baby in one of those baby boxes/at a fire station then they?re going to charge them with abandonment.
    That's totally against the whole point of those boxes at the fire station. They just want to punish women. Babies are going to die because of this. They whole point is to make it where women 'without an option' have an option, without repercussion.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    That's totally against the whole point of those boxes at the fire station. They just want to punish women. Babies are going to die because of this. They whole point is to make it where women 'without an option' have an option, without repercussion.
    Yep.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...lice-rcna69595

Lindsay Clancy checked herself into McLean Hospital, a psychiatric facility in Belmont, Massachusetts, on Jan. 1 after she told her husband in December that she had had thoughts about harming the children. She had also written in a journal about having suicidal ideation, Sprague said. She was discharged from the facility Jan. 5.

After she returned home, she ?appeared to be getting better,? Patrick Clancy told police, noting that she had stayed alone with the children and told him in mid-January that she was no longer having suicidal thoughts, prosecutors said.

But Reddington alleged that Lindsay Clancy had been ?thoroughly destroyed? by several medications ? including Valium, Prozac, Klonopin and Zoloft ? which he claimed masked her symptoms rather than treated them.

She was discharged and doing better while on the meds, but they destroyed her? Not buying it. She was never better, just pretended to be. If they were causing her to have issues the doctors would have taken her off of them.

Im glad to hear she was hospitalized though. I just dont like that people are blaming the meds, and not the mental illness.

It been documented time and time again PPD/PPP/PPA utterly destroys the person going through it. They do shit they never would do in their right mind.

She never had a chance to heal. She was away from the 3 kids in the hospital and that helped. She was put right back into her hell when she got home. Two young children and a baby is a lot.

Sorry this is a sensitive subject for me.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Speaking of choice I saw a video today saying Arkansas is trying to pass a law that if a mother?s identity becomes known after surrendering a baby in one of those baby boxes/at a fire station then they?re going to charge them with abandonment.
    Of course they will. They want to make it so Women are forced to have children they don't want, won't hold the Fathers/Rapists/Pedophiles accountable for any of it, will refuse to feed or house them and now will refuse Women the option to safely surrender them. That's because it's going back to the same way it was during the Witch Trials. We will be burned at the stake one way or another.

How about this. WE STOP GIVING MEN SEX. They want to control what we do so badly, we stop giving them sex at all. I realize that this doesn't stop rapists, but honestly with the way shit is going down these days I would give up on having sex at all. I can take care of that myself with my Clitoris and no help from any Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

?She is not paralyzed. She can move her legs. She can move her arms. She has been writing and being able to verbally communicate,? an attorney for the DA?s office said.
    suffered spinal cord injuries and is paralyzed from the waist down.
    I wonder which is true?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I wonder if they just put her on a shit ton of meds and thought ?meh she will be so zombied out she won?t kill her kids?

I wonder which is true?
    The DA will say anything to take sympathy away from this Woman. I'm more apt to believe her Doctors than the DA when it comes to medical issues and spinal cord injuries. Unless they stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, they need to stay in their lane.

I wonder if they just put her on a shit ton of meds and thought ?meh she will be so zombied out she won?t kill her kids?
    This is exactly what happened IMHO. They just throw drugs at patients and don't deal with the real issue of why they're having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    The DA will say anything to take sympathy away from this Woman. I'm more apt to believe her Doctors than the DA when it comes to medical issues and spinal cord injuries. Unless they stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, they need to stay in their lane.

This is exactly what happened IMHO. They just throw drugs at patients and don't deal with the real issue of why they're having issues.
    True. But have the doctors said anything? We are just hearing from the DA and her lawyer.

Well, the truth will come out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    True. But have the doctors said anything? We are just hearing from the DA and her lawyer.

Well, the truth will come out eventually.
    Her doctors/care team cannot disclose anything about her current status, so everything we hear is from her attorney and the prosecutor at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Her doctors/care team cannot disclose anything about her current status, so everything we hear is from her attorney and the prosecutor at this point.
    Okay, that makes sense. They both have a reason to say she is or isn't, but I'm assuming her lawyer is seeing her more than the DA so, I'm assuming he knows better where she's actually at health wise.

The DA is claiming that she can write and move her arms and speak. They also say "move her legs", but the fact that they mention the rest when the rest would still work if she were only paralyzed from the waist down has me side eyeing them.

Plymouth, Mass. ? Prosecutors alleged Tuesday that Lindsay Clancy, a Duxbury, Mass. mother accused of killing her three children, planned the murders in advance and was of sound mind at the time of their deaths, CBS Boston reports. Clancy remains hospitalized and her defense attorney says she's paralyzed from the waist down.

Clancy was arraigned by video conference from her hospital bed. Her defense attorney and the prosecutor attended in person with a judge at Plymouth District Court during the hearing.

The 32-year-old is accused of killing her three young children at their home last month. Clancy's defense attorney, Kevin Reddington, said she's paralyzed after attempting to take her own life that night.

Prosecutors said during the arraignment that Clancy asked her husband, Patrick, to pick up children's medication from CVS and takeout food from a restaurant in Plymouth. She allegedly researched how long the trip would take to know how long she would be alone with the children.

When Clancy's husband returned, he told police, he went upstairs and found the couple's bedroom door locked. He said he was able to unlock it and found blood in front of a mirror near an open window.

Patrick saw his wife in the back yard conscious but seriously injured and called 911. He can be heard on the call asking his wife what she'd done, to which she allegedly replied, "I tried to kill myself."

"Where are the kids?" prosecutors said Patrick can be heard asking on the 911 call. Lindsay Clancy allegedly replied "In the basement."

Patrick Clancy rushed to the basement, where prosecutors said he can be heard on the call screaming "in agony and shock" as he discovered the children had been strangled using exercise bands.

"She planned these murders, gave herself the time and privacy to commit these murders, and then she strangled each child in the place where they should have felt the safest ? at home with their mom," Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Sprague said.

According to Reddington, Clancy was overmedicated in the months before the tragedy, prescribed as many as 12 different medications for postpartum psychosis.

Patrick was never told not to leave her alone with the kids, Reddington said.

The prosecution said that on February 5, Lindsay Clancy used a doctor's cell phone to call her husband, leaving a voicemail saying that she loved him. They said she called again a day later, and this time he answered.

Lindsay allegedly told her husband that "She heard a voice and had 'a moment' of psychosis." She allegedly told her husband she heard a man's voice telling her to kill their kids and herself because it "was her last chance."

Reddington said "She's not OK at all" and said Lindsay is "definitely a danger to herself."

Prosecutors asked for Lindsay to be held without bail. A judge instead ordered that she remain hospitalized until medically cleared to be moved to a new rehabilitation facility that includes around-the-clock care. If she recovers from her injuries, she could be placed on house arrest.

Lindsay Clancy received treatment after experiencing suicidal thoughts in December and from January 1-5. She allegedly kept notes that resembled journal entries in the months leading up to her children's deaths. Prosecutors said she "meticulously detailed her daily activities" and her "writing was clear, precise and articulate."

Prosecutors said she had mentioned "a touch of postpartum anxiety" about returning to work and was initially diagnosed with a generalized anxiety disorder.
    Lindsay Clancy allegedly wrote on a white board while hospitalized following the children's deaths, asking if she needed an attorney. Prosecutors argued that showed she knew what she had done.

Patrick Clancy said there had been no indications that his wife was a danger to the children or herself, saying she "was having one of her best days."

In a statement shared earlier via a GoFundMe page on the family's behalf, Patrick Clancy wrote, "The shock and pain is excruciating and relentless. I'm constantly reminded of them and with the little sleep I get, I dream about them on repeat.

"Any parent knows, it's impossible to understand how much you will love your kids until you have them. The same goes for understanding the devastation of losing them. Cora, Dawson, and Callan were the essence of my life and I'm completely lost without them."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lindsay...cutors-allege/

If she had known exactly what she had done, she wouldn't have had to ask if she needed an attorney.

It's blatantly obvious that these Prosecutors don't know the first thing about PPP and it shows. Let me guess. A bunch of Men?

Does anyone else feel like doctors should not have allowed her outpatient treatment? Like who can really watch someone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? So they prescribe her a million meds and say she has to do intensive outpatient treatment but with PPD should they not have kept her?

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    Does anyone else feel like doctors should not have allowed her outpatient treatment? Like who can really watch someone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? So they prescribe her a million meds and say she has to do intensive outpatient treatment but with PPD should they not have kept her?
    Agreed, they shouldn't have released her. However, that's just a testament to how available and how seriously they take mental healthcare in America. Drug em up and release them out. Don't actually try to get to the root of the issues. Just get them stable enough to shove them back on to the streets so they aren't their problem anymore.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2023/09...-their-murder/

Duxbury mother accused of strangling her 3 children indicted for their murder

A Plymouth grand jury indicted Lindsay Clancy, 32, with three counts of murder and strangulation. Clancy is being held without bail and is currently a patient at a hospital being treated following what was reported as a suicide attempt that dark night, Jan. 24, at 47 Summer St. in Duxbury. She will be arraigned at Plymouth Superior Court on the charges at an unscheduled date.

Thread Information