Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lisa Marie Presley (54) died from a small bowel obstruction due to scar tissue from a previous surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    What is up with Priscilla contesting Lisa's will/amendment to her trust? Definitely not a good look.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...presleys-will/

https://www.tmz.com/2023/01/30/lisa-...ney-priscilla/
    Idk whats up with that. Did Elvis leave all his money to Lisa?

I read that Lisa Marie got plastic surgery a couple months before the golden globes, so thats probably why she was on opiods. She was appareny taking weight loss medicine too.

Her COD was deferred so I guess they are waiting on tox.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Idk whats up with that. Did Elvis leave all his money to Lisa?

I read that Lisa Marie got plastic surgery a couple months before the golden globes, so thats probably why she was on opiods. She was appareny taking weight loss medicine too.

Her COD was deferred so I guess they are waiting on tox.
    Yeah, Elvis left everything to Lisa and completely snubbed Priscilla. In her defense, it was Priscilla that guided Lisa to keep Graceland and preserve it instead of selling it off and blowing through all of the inheritance so it's not like she was money hungry then and I think the same applies now. Maybe she's worried that the Grandkids will mismanage the property and money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I read somewhere that the paperwork or whatever had someone?s name spelled wrong and that set off a flag for Priscilla to question it

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    I read somewhere that the paperwork or whatever had someone?s name spelled wrong and that set off a flag for Priscilla to question it
    That's what I saw too. That the signature wasn't anything like hers or something was spelled wrong etc.

I looked it up and indeed, Lisa blew through money like nobody's business and died in debt. If anything, Graceland will change hands but won't go away. It just may not be owned by the family anymore. I think Priscilla doesn't like the idea of that.

https://pagesix.com/2023/07/13/lisa-...eath-revealed/

Didnt see this coming. Ive seen a lot of deaths on here and this was never the cause.

Lisa Marie Presley died of complications from a small bowel obstruction, TMZ reported Thursday.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 07-13-2023 at 02:17 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

So she had to be really sick right?

Opioids can make you constipated so that might have been part of the issue.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/13/enter...ath/index.html

Lisa Marie Presley died of complications from prior weight-loss surgery, autopsy report shows

Presley’s autopsy report, obtained by CNN later on Thursday, included the official opinion of deputy medical examiner Dr. Juan M. Carrillo, who attributed her small bowel obstruction to “adhesions (or, scar tissue) that developed after bariatric surgery years ago. This is a known long term complication of this type of surgery.”

Carrillo also stated that he reviewed the autopsy toxicology results, which showed “therapeutic” levels of oxycodone in Presley’s blood – i.e., levels that are in the range of medically helpful, and not dangerous. He added that quetapine metabolite (used to treat depression, schizophrenia or manic episodes) and buprenorphine (a painkiller that can also be used to treat opioid addiction) were present but “not contributory to death.”

“There is no evidence of injury or foul play. The manner of death is deemed natural,” Carrillo concluded.

Strange that her death was slightly related to her Father's. She didn't have as many drugs in her system, but they both had bowel issues that contributed.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

Lisa Marie Presley died of complications from prior weight-loss surgery, autopsy report shows
    I see no issue with the tox screen. I guess it was natural. Such a shame.

If she got to the hospital in time, could she have lived?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Very sad. Unfortunately, the complications associated with bariatric surgery are many. I know of at least two individuals who have had adhesions requiring additional surgical intervention following bariatric surgery.

I had to have bowel adhesion removal surgery (lysis of adhesions) 11 months after my hysterectomy. Unfortunately any abdominal surgery has a risk of bowel adhesions from the scar tissue. Some people seem more prone to scar tissue. The really ironic thing is that the adhesion removal surgery can result in more adhesions. They put a film on my incisions from that surgery that was supposed to reduce scar tissue formation. Guess it worked, because I didn't have any other issues.

I had to have bowel adhesion removal surgery (lysis of adhesions) 11 months after my hysterectomy. Unfortunately any abdominal surgery has a risk of bowel adhesions from the scar tissue. Some people seem more prone to scar tissue. The really ironic thing is that the adhesion removal surgery can result in more adhesions. They put a film on my incisions from that surgery that was supposed to reduce scar tissue formation. Guess it worked, because I didn't have any other issues.
    How did you know you had adhesions?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    How did you know you had adhesions?
    I had some pain when I went to the bathroom. Nothing terrible. My doctor asked me get an ultrasound and they showed up on the ultrasound. I wasn't able to follow post surgery directives (don't lift more than a gallon of milk in weight) due to our move. I way over-lifted and over-exerted myself and I think that's what caused some of my adhesions.

I had some pain when I went to the bathroom. Nothing terrible. My doctor asked me get an ultrasound and they showed up on the ultrasound. I wasn't able to follow post surgery directives (don't lift more than a gallon of milk in weight) due to our move. I way over-lifted and over-exerted myself and I think that's what caused some of my adhesions.
    Im so glad you are ok. I wonder if she didnt feel the pain because of the pain medicine?

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/bowel-...y?id=101293957

Bowel obstructions can occur after surgeries like Lisa Marie Presley's but deaths aren't common

Experts said that while small bowel obstructions are common complications of any abdominal surgery -- including weight-loss surgery -- it's uncommon for them to not be caught and treated.
    However, small bowel obstructions are a risk of any type of abdominal surgery, not just weight-loss surgeries.

"Small bowel obstructions are very, very common from any previous abdominal surgery from having your appendix removed, colon surgery," Kipnis, who was not involved in Presley's care, told ABC News. "A hysterectomy or C-sections all have risks of blockages from scar tissue."

Wow I did not expect that

Quote Originally Posted by SeanF View Post
    For real. Especially how similar it is to Elvis' death.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanF View Post
    I was expecting fentanyl or drug overdose.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Before my 38-day, Universe-imposed internet blackout, my friend gifted me with a signed copy of "Elvis: Destined to Die Young" by Sally Hoedel:

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/55873271

The author did a fantastic job of explaining the genetic auto-immune issues that faced Gladys, Elvis, Lisa Marie, and other members of Gladys Smith's family. It's been over a year since I read it, and I don't recall the exact medical issue, but it was a well-researched book and if you like to read medical records this one is for you. Less than a year after I read the book, Lisa Marie died. I think Gladys, Elvis, and Lisa Marie's substance abuse issues may have been a whole lotta self-medication going on.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Before my 38-day, Universe-imposed internet blackout, my friend gifted me with a signed copy of "Elvis: Destined to Die Young" by Sally Hoedel:

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/55873271

The author did a fantastic job of explaining the genetic auto-immune issues that faced Gladys, Elvis, Lisa Marie, and other members of Gladys Smith's family. It's been over a year since I read it, and I don't recall the exact medical issue, but it was a well-researched book and if you like to read medical records this one is for you. Less than a year after I read the book, Lisa Marie died. I think Gladys, Elvis, and Lisa Marie's substance abuse issues may have been a whole lotta self-medication going on.
    Very interesting. I did a quick Google search and it looks like it was cardiomyopathy (heart has difficulty pumping blood).

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Very interesting. I did a quick Google search and it looks like it was cardiomyopathy (heart has difficulty pumping blood).
    I thought it was gastro-intestinal (like Crohns) or something like that, but I could be wrong. This isn't the official cause of death, it's what the author is theorizing. I thought she did a good job of laying out her case. Of course it's been a year since I read it and I remember next to nothing about it. I've slept since then.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I thought it was gastro-intestinal (like Crohns) or something like that, but I could be wrong. This isn't the official cause of death, it's what the author is theorizing. I thought she did a good job of laying out her case. Of course it's been a year since I read it and I remember next to nothing about it. I've slept since then.
    I think it was the coroner's report that confuses people. During the autopsy it was discovered that he had a mega colon which was impacted. That and the fact that he was found on the toilet. Although it wasn't the COD, it certainly wasn't doing him any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I think it was the coroner's report that confuses people. During the autopsy it was discovered that he had a mega colon which was impacted. That and the fact that he was found on the toilet. Although it wasn't the COD, it certainly wasn't doing him any favors.
    Right. The author theorized that the gastro-intestinal issues were actually caused by a genetic auto-immune disorder that killed more than a few of Elvis' relatives on the Smith side.

Thread Information