Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 6 year old taken into custody after shooting teacher

Omg, I'd quit. Shit pay and that, too? Nope!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...osec-rcna70794

6-year-old who shot teacher won't face charges, prosecutor says

The chief prosecutor in Newport News, Virginia, said there is no legal basis to charge the child, although his office is still reviewing whether to charge others.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...osec-rcna70794

6-year-old who shot teacher won't face charges, prosecutor says
    I know hes a kid and all, but he shot someone!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I know hes a kid and all, but he shot someone!
    Typically the law is written so that they have to know what they are doing, but the penal code also says that people under a certain age are unable to truly know what they are doing...or at least that was how it was in TX.

I wonder if the schools will refuse his readmittance and somehow his parents can be forced to get him help. I can see an article in the future that mentions him and his past after he's murdered many.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I wonder if the schools will refuse his readmittance and somehow his parents can be forced to get him help. I can see an article in the future that mentions him and his past after he's murdered many.
    Agree. This boy clearly needs help.

Typically the law is written so that they have to know what they are doing, but the penal code also says that people under a certain age are unable to truly know what they are doing...or at least that was how it was in TX.
    Yeah I think they cant be charged until 9 or so. I just forsee terrible things happening with this kid.

I would like to know his reaction to the shooting, was he upset? Did he feel remorse (you develop empathy as a toddler). My kid would be beside himself if he hurt his beloved teacher. What did this kid do?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Yeah I think they cant be charged until 9 or so. I just forsee terrible things happening with this kid.

I would like to know his reaction to the shooting, was he upset? Did he feel remorse (you develop empathy as a toddler). My kid would be beside himself if he hurt his beloved teacher. What did this kid do?
    Something tells me he didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Something tells me he didn't care.
    Thats really disturbing. I have a feeling we will be reading about him killing someone soon.

Thats really disturbing. I have a feeling we will be reading about him killing someone soon.
    I do too, this is one of the times I really hope I am wrong.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

They had been "helping him" with his "issues" already and this happened. I doubt they are going to do much more to "help" him.

I hope that teacher is ok.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    The teacher is going to be fine, and she's going to be rich on top of that. That school is just outside my old neighborhood, we walk there with my nephews whenever we go home to visit. This is the ugly side of life for many in the area. There are many parents who own guns and carry them, legally and notsomuch, because of the high number of crimes in the area, a majority of those committed by and on minorities. But what this child did falls wayyy outside the norm.

I remember in 1984, a guy in my freshman gym class brought and brandished a revolver in the locker room. He got his ass beat pronto and got hauled off to the nurse before being sent to the hospital.

My, how times have changed. I'm just glad my relative retired as a teacher from another elementary school in the area. I'd hate to have to go all kv on someone who did something to someone I love. That would be fugly as hell, and I would apologize to no one.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ored-rcna77582

Virginia teacher shot by 6-year-old files $40M lawsuit after she says school ignored warnings

Virginia teacher shot by 6-year-old files $40M lawsuit after she says school ignored warnings
    I typically am not one to applaud individuals who file lawsuits like this, but I have to applaud this teacher. The school is 100% culpable.

I typically am not one to applaud individuals who file lawsuits like this, but I have to applaud this teacher. The school is 100% culpable.
    Agreed!

Get it, Abby. 100% support.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...cher-rcna79000

Grand jury indicts the mother of a 6-year-old boy who shot his Virginia teacher

A grand jury indicted Deja Taylor on charges of felony child neglect and a misdemeanor count of recklessly leaving a loaded firearm so as to endanger a child, Newport News Commonwealth's Attorney Howard Gwynn said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...cher-rcna79000

Grand jury indicts the mother of a 6-year-old boy who shot his Virginia teacher
    Good. Number one, parents should never ever have a gun (especially L-O-A-D-E-D) accessible to children. Secondly, this child clearly had issues, so she definitely should have known better.

DICK TIPS

Full story here: https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/n...-adhd-99167863

Deja Taylor, the mother of a 6-year-old boy who allegedly shot his first grade teacher in January, says she is willing to take responsibility for the incident, and that her son's actions can be linked to his ADHD diagnosis.

"I am, as a parent, obviously willing to take responsibility for him because he can't take responsibility" for himself, she said in an exclusive interview with ABC News.

Taylor is charged with a felony count of child neglect and a misdemeanor count of recklessly leaving a firearm as to endanger a child, prosecutors said. Her bench trial is scheduled for Aug. 15.

Abby Zwerner, her son's teacher, has recovered from the shooting. She filed a $40 million lawsuit in April against the Newport News School District and Richneck Elementary officials claiming they ignored multiple warnings about the student's behavior, as well as concerns that he may have a gun. Lawyers for the school board have filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit , claiming her injuries are covered under the state's worker's compensation law for which she was approved to receive benefits, but which she turned down.

Taylor describes her son as a "great kid," but "very energetic" due to his condition. "He's off the wall. Doesn't sit still, ever," she said.

In interviews and in her lawsuit, Zwerner characterized the boy as violent and said he "slammed the cellphone on the ground so hard that it cracked and shattered." In the lawsuit, she also claimed the child had a "history of random violence" and that he "attacked students and teachers alike."

According to Taylor, the boy "actually really liked" Zwerner and said during the week of the shooting "he felt like he was being ignored." The cellphone incident happened after Zwerner said she told him to sit down when he was asking her a question.

"You know, most children, when they are trying to talk to you, and if you easily just brush them off, or you ask them to sit down, or you're dealing with something else and you ask them to go and sit down, at 6 [years old] you -- in your mind would believe that, 'Somebody's not listening to me,' and you have a tantrum," Taylor said.

"He threw his arms up. He said, 'Fine.' And when he threw his arms up, he knocked her phone out of her hand on accident," she said. A suspension resulted from the incident. Taylor claimed only the screen protector had broken, and she says she had offered to pay for its replacement.

Zwerner's attorney declined to comment Tuesday.

The shooting took place the day the student returned to class from the suspension, according to the lawsuit.

James Ellenson, Taylor's attorney, said the ultimate responsibility for the shooting is on school officials who prematurely enrolled the student in first grade despite knowing he had only attended two months of kindergarten and two months of pre-K. They were also aware of his ADHD diagnosis, Ellenson claimed.

"If they believed all of these behaviors to be true, then they should not have allowed him" to advance to a higher level, Ellenson said. "They should've put him back into kindergarten, possibly even pre-K, but at the minimum to kindergarten."

James Ellenson, Taylor's attorney, said the ultimate responsibility for the shooting is on school officials who prematurely enrolled the student in first grade despite knowing he had only attended two months of kindergarten and two months of pre-K. They were also aware of his ADHD diagnosis, Ellenson claimed.
    NO I DONT THINK SO TIM.

A ton of kids have ADHD. I have ADD and have never been violent. That is no excuse. They are letting this kid get away with shit and its just going to lead to worse behavior.

They have to know how ridiculous they sound. My kid had his poor feelings hurt, so he shot the teacher poor guy. Nope. Fuck that. He broke her phone on purpose and now we know he shot her on purpose because she "was ignoring him".

NO I DONT THINK SO TIM.

A ton of kids have ADHD. I have ADD and have never been violent. That is no excuse. They are letting this kid get away with shit and its just going to lead to worse behavior.

They have to know how ridiculous they sound. My kid had his poor feelings hurt, so he shot the teacher poor guy. Nope. Fuck that. He broke her phone on purpose and now we know he shot her on purpose because she "was ignoring him".
    What's going to happen in a few years when the pretty girl he likes ignores him?! We all knew where this ticking time bomb is headed if they don't do something NOW!

NO I DONT THINK SO TIM.

Praise be.

What's going to happen in a few years when the pretty girl he likes ignores him?! We all knew where this ticking time bomb is headed if they don't do something NOW!
    My mind immediately went to Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction, "I'm not going to be ignored, Dan".

My mind immediately went to Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction, "I'm not going to be ignored, Dan".
    The fact that he even thought about shooting his teacher because she "ignored" him shows he is violent and will end up a bunny boiler.

I think the dx of ADHD is a misdiagnosis. Hes extremely violent and they presented that behavior as "couldnt sit still". A lot of kids his age cant stand still (see my kid in church) but theres a difference between being restless and being violent.

We've seen violent kids with personality disorders being dx as ADHD. I think he has Intermittent Explosive Disorder, amoungst other things.

Hes a ticking time bomb and his stupid mother will defend him until he kills her for making his eggs wrong.

Thread Information