Thread: Fleetwood Mac's Christine McVie (79) died after a short illness

Fleetwood Mac's Christine McVie (79) died after a short illness

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...c-for-all-time

Farewell to Christine McVie, who gave us music for all time

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    She was beautiful and talented and gave us so much amazing music. May she rest in peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I was shocked when they announced her death. FM were the music to my childhood/teen/adulthood...damn it...my entire life.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...efc73189&ei=50

Fleetwood Mac singer Christine McVie's cause of death has been revealed just four months after her unexpected passing. The legendary musician and songwriter died of a stroke, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Her death certificate also revealed McVie was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer that had spread throughout her body.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-revealed.html

Her secondary cause of death was cancer, which she had previously been diagnosed with. Her cancer was a 'metastatic malignancy of unknown primary origin', which means cancer had spread in her body while the origin of a tumour was not known.
    I find this kind of cancer terrifying. We had one other case that I know of on MDS with this type of cancer. I had never heard of it before that.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 04-03-2023 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...efc73189&ei=50

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-revealed.html

I find this kind of cancer terrifying. We had one other case that I know of on MDS with this type of cancer. I had never heard of it before that.
    That's so sad and YES. That kind of Cancer terrifies me. I'm always paranoid to find out that I have Cancer and they find that I'm riddled with it. I guess on one hand, not knowing and living your life normally without treatments wouldn't be so bad. If the end result is going to be the same, I would rather not know and just pass away one day. Or find out and only have a couple of weeks. I've seen far too many people suffer in their last years and months on earth from treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    That's so sad and YES. That kind of Cancer terrifies me. I'm always paranoid to find out that I have Cancer and they find that I'm riddled with it. I guess on one hand, not knowing and living your life normally without treatments wouldn't be so bad. If the end result is going to be the same, I would rather not know and just pass away one day. Or find out and only have a couple of weeks. I've seen far too many people suffer in their last years and months on earth from treatments.
    Same. My husband's mother (long before we married) suffered for almost six years with cancer. I would never want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Same. My husband's mother (long before we married) suffered for almost six years with cancer. I would never want that.
    I've always said that if I ever got a serious diagnosis (as in definitely terminal) that I would just exit stage left. Have a big party then just skip off the mortal coil. Ideally that would be in a place where dying with dignity is available, but I've now moved somewhere where it isn't so I would have to kind of do it quietly. It makes absolutely NO SENSE to me why people would waste money like that and prolong their suffering. Then again, I'm also now in a place where it wouldn't cost money for treatment so there's that. I just would never want to be a burden on anyone and I see no sense in living a life where you're just suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I've always said that if I ever got a serious diagnosis (as in definitely terminal) that I would just exit stage left. Have a big party then just skip off the mortal coil. Ideally that would be in a place where dying with dignity is available, but I've now moved somewhere where it isn't so I would have to kind of do it quietly. It makes absolutely NO SENSE to me why people would waste money like that and prolong their suffering. Then again, I'm also now in a place where it wouldn't cost money for treatment so there's that. I just would never want to be a burden on anyone and I see no sense in living a life where you're just suffering.
    My husband feels the same way as I do, which is good. Our living wills outline everything and my best friend knows our wishes if anything happens (proxy) to us both.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    My husband feels the same way as I do, which is good. Our living wills outline everything and my best friend knows our wishes if anything happens (proxy) to us both.

Thread Information