Thread: Athena Brownfield (4) found dead after going missing; her caretaker has been charged

Athena Brownfield (4) found dead after going missing; her caretaker has been charged

Another ?Athena? :(

CYRIL, Okla. ?
    Oklahoma and federal law enforcement are searching for a missing 4-year-old girl who was reported missing Tuesday afternoon in Cyril.

Who is Missing
    Authorities are searching for 4-year-old Athena Brownfield. She has blonde hair and was last seen wearing a butterfly hoodie.

| MORE | Cyril streets quiet as search for 4-year-old Athena Brownfield continues

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation initially said Athena is 3 but has since confirmed that she is 4.

Arrest Made
    The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation announced Thursday that a caretaker was arrested amid the investigation into Athena's disappearance.
    woman identified as Alysia Adams was arrested around 4:10 p.m. Thursday on two counts of child neglect. OSBI officials said Athena and her 5-year-old sister were in Adams' and her husband's care.

Timeline of Events
    The investigation into Athena's disappearance started around 2 p.m. Tuesday after a mail carrier found an unattended 5-year-old girl ? whom OSBI says is Athena's sister ? near their home in the 200 block of West Nebraska Avenue in Cyril.

Oklahoma law enforcement and the FBI have conducted searches and an investigation into the disappearance since then.

| MORE | Timeline of search for missing 4-year-old Cyril girl

Brook Arbeitman, with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, said law enforcement is working to put together an exact timeline of when Athena was last seen.

"We're still working on putting together the exact timeline. But again, I can confirm that this investigation really kicked off yesterday at 2 p.m. when the postal carrier located the 5-year-old and contacted the police department. And then we got involved later that night," Arbeitman said. "Then, of course, all of our law enforcement partners have joined us, and we've been looking for her nonstop since the original call came into the police department."

The Search
    Authorities say the search has been underway since learning that Athena was missing Tuesday afternoon.

Law enforcement has deployed infrared helicopters and conducted grid searches on foot with the help of volunteers and using four-wheelers. They also have utilized boats on small ponds.

| MORE | Volunteers go to Cyril to help in search for missing 4-year-old girl

"Our ERT Team, which is a team specialty trained to go on foot in search of people and things, are out in coordination with civilians who have come and wanted to volunteer their time and effort," Oklahoma Highway Patrol Trooper Eric Foster said.

Arbeitman said they are collecting items that could be relevant, but she said she's not calling them evidence as of Wednesday afternoon.

"We are finding things around town that could be helpful in this case," Arbeitman said. "We are finding things that we hope might give us clues on where she is. We're still actively looking for her."

Arbeitman said the ground grid search with volunteers was called off Wednesday afternoon, but authorities brought in Oklahoma Department of Corrections dogs to search for Athena.

| MORE | Good Samaritans raising money amid search efforts for missing 4-year-old Cyril girl

On Thursday, Cyril town officials posted on social media that, per the OSBI, all trash pickup will be postponed until further notice.

More at link https://www.koco.com/article/oklahoma-cyril-athena-brownfield-missing-girl-what-we-know/42465638

this one doesn't sit right w/ me, it feels like more than a child who wandered off on her own.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Oh yeah. It won't end well ☹️

https://okcfox.com/news/local/athena...ogical-parents

OSBI: Search for Athena Brownfield is now a 'recovery operation

they charge as murder but are being very closed lipped about the details. I'm wondering if either the little girl found wandering gave info. or if one of the caretakers confessed.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

https://okcfox.com/news/local/athena...e-branch-crime

Court docs: Athena Brownfield killed by caretaker Ivon Adams on Christmas Day
    by KOKH STAFF
    Tuesday, January 17th

Multiple agencies are searching for missing 4-year-old Athena Brownfield. (Courtesy: Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation)
    The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation provided additional information about the disappearance of four-year-old Athena Brownfield, saying they have gathered what they call "relevant items" during the process of searching for Athena.

CADDO COUNTY (KOKH) ? A missing 4-year-old Cyril girl was beaten and killed on Christmas Day by one of her caretakers, court documents show.

According to court documents, Ivon Adams' wife Alysia confessed that he beat Athena Brownfield on Christmas Day and held her up by her arms. She was not moving and her eyes were barely open. Adams then allegedly laid Brownfield on the ground and punched her at least three more times in her
    Brownfield never moved after that, court documents show. The alleged incident happened at the home of Alysia and Ivon Adams at 225 West Nebraska Avenue in Cyril.

Ivon Adams allegedly left with Brownfield around 1 a.m. on December 26. When he got back, he allegedly told Alysia that he buried Brownfield near a fence line that was next to their old residence in the Rush Springs area.

Ivon Adams told Alysia that he placed a large broken branch over the burial site, according to court documents.

KOKH

It was discovered that Brownfield was missing when a postal carrier found her 5-year-old sister outside the Adams' home with no adult supervision on January 10. The postal carrier notified the Cyril Police Department, and that prompted the search for Athena's whereabouts.

Alysia Adams is facing two counts of child neglect. Ivon Adams is facing one count of first-degree murder and one count of child neglect.

Ivon was arrested in Phoenix on January 12 and is awaiting extradition to Oklahoma. Alysia was also arrested on January 12 and is currently in the Caddo County Jail.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said the girls had been in the Adams' care for at least a year. OSBI also said Brownfield and her sister are related to Alysia Adams.

The Adams' allegedly never took the girls to the doctor for checkups and did not enroll Brownfield's sister in school.

The biological parents of the sisters have been interviewed and are "cooperating with the investigation," OSBI said on Monday.

On Monday, OSBI also said the search for Brownfield is now a "recovery operation."

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Sickening.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...a988d25f686e45

Searchers for missing Oklahoma girl find remains of child

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...a988d25f686e45

Searchers for missing Oklahoma girl find remains of child

Even when I know what the outcome is going to be, it still hits me hard when it happens. Especially when it's an innocent child.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I have questions. By "Care Giver" do they mean foster parents? The girl was killed on Christmas, the "Care Givers" took off in the early morning hours of the 26th and her sister was only found on January 10th by the mailman. Was she alone for two weeks? How did she eat? How was she not discovered earlier? WHERE THE FUCK WERE THE PARENTS THIS WHOLE TIME?

This whole thing is full of fuckery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I have questions. By "Care Giver" do they mean foster parents? The girl was killed on Christmas, the "Care Givers" took off in the early morning hours of the 26th and her sister was only found on January 10th by the mailman. Was she alone for two weeks? How did she eat? How was she not discovered earlier? WHERE THE FUCK WERE THE PARENTS THIS WHOLE TIME?

This whole thing is full of fuckery.
    The girls were related to the woman and had been living with her for a year. I?m guessing she was an aunt maybe?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    The girls were related to the woman and had been living with her for a year. I?m guessing she was an aunt maybe?
    Thank you for explaining at least that part. The parents didn't check in for Christmas then, I guess. And I'm still wondering if a five year old was making herself food and doing the grocery shopping while alone for two weeks undiscovered.

This whole thing is insane and tells me that it's only going to get worse with making abortion illegal. Just wait a few years. We'll be LITTERED all over this site with plenty of these stories.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...girl-rcna65860

Remains found in Oklahoma identified as missing 4-year-old girl

Alysia had a TikTok her account name is @keepingupwithaly0

Thread Information