Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Manager at Walmart kills 6

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-24-2022 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Fix link

Hopefully this one works. Cant copy/paste phone posting:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/walma...b082d8e6cdbb00

This whole shooting doesnt make sense to me, he wasnt fired, he was the manager so its not like authorities were harrassing him...by all accounts he was the bully.
    A witness said he was shooting at random not looking at anyone but I found this:

Employee Jessie Wilczewski told Norfolk television station WAVY that she hid under a table, and Bing looked and pointed his gun at her. He told her to go home, and she left.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    This whole shooting doesnt make sense to me, he wasnt fired, he was the manager so its not like authorities were harrassing him...by all accounts he was the bully.
    A witness said he was shooting at random not looking at anyone but I found this:

Employee Jessie Wilczewski told Norfolk television station WAVY that she hid under a table, and Bing looked and pointed his gun at her. He told her to go home, and she left.
    Never underestimate how annoying being a "manager" can be. Sorry all joking aside, I can see retail folks going "postal" especially in the runup to black Friday, or, he could be just another gun whacko.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Never underestimate how annoying being a "manager" can be. Sorry all joking aside, I can see retail folks going "postal" especially in the runup to black Friday, or, he could be just another gun whacko.
    Yeah but it wasnt his first rodeo. Hes done this before.

Ive never wanted to be a manager because I would never want to oversee people, but he chose to be in that role, and if he didnt like it he could have quit.

Yeah but it wasnt his first rodeo. Hes done this before.

Ive never wanted to be a manager because I would never want to oversee people, but he chose to be in that role, and if he didnt like it he could have quit.
    Yes. A sane person would have, but... and of course this one isn't going to be around to tell his story. I'm just so tired of this.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Yes. A sane person would have, but... and of course this one isn't going to be around to tell his story. I'm just so tired of this.
    Yeah unless he told someone we will never know.

A guy was shot and killed right outside the walmart near me. I wont go there, but my mom will, which worries me.

Yeah unless he told someone we will never know.

A guy was shot and killed right outside the walmart near me. I wont go there, but my mom will, which worries me.

His cooworkers "led to his downfall" the fuck?Was he going to be fired? He does sound paranoid that they were out to get him. Its so weird, he worked there with some of those people for several years.

He bought the gun that morning so it was premeditated.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    His cooworkers "led to his downfall" the fuck?Was he going to be fired? He does sound paranoid that they were out to get him. Its so weird, he worked there with some of those people for several years.

He bought the gun that morning so it was premeditated.
    He may be a manager, but he also has bosses that expect results based on how his employees perform. That's not to say that he's justified in his actions in any way, just trying to bring some perspective to the situation.

Corporate America is all about numbers and if you aren't producing the numbers that the higher ups want, they threaten you with losing your job. The fact that they're expecting managers and even the managers of those managers to force literal slave labor to perform above and beyond while being treated like shit is delusional at best. There's no initiative anymore by anyone because people are being worked to the bone for pennies on the dollar while being treated like shit.

As Puzz mentioned, most people would just quit. However, it's not so easy when you have mouths to feed and no other secure paycheck to rely on or company to move to. That kind of pressure could send someone who already has serious issues to the edge. No available mental health resources to help you deal with it and your mind is left to be a runaway train. In HIS mind, these employees were threatening his income and his ability to feed his kids, himself, pay his rent *enter any base need here* and he might have thought he was justified in taking them out.

Moving to Ireland and working for people here has shown me that the way America approaches the working force and working class is SO. FUCKED. UP. The conditions that Americans are forced to work in, the hours and the treatment would blow their fucking minds away here. Things are so much more productive in Europe because of how they treat their employees. With positive reinforcement and a healthy work environment and knowledge that their workers are human beings with personal lives that are important. I'm over here like a formally abused child finding a family that cares for them and being amazed at how workers are treated here. They can't understand why I'm wide eyed at the fact that just 3 months in with a part time job that I'm already entitled to paid vacation and sick leave and receive personal messages from my boss wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving with my family while in Holland. It's fucking mind blowing.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 11-25-2022 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Trust me, Ive worked retail for several years, I know how stressful it can be.

I feel like people are here defending his actions, I dont get why this guy, who blitz attacked his employees, gets a pass.

My husband was a retail manager for at least 10 years, when we were talking about this guy, there is no justification for his actions. Yeah you get treated like crap, but if it gets bad there are thousands of other retail jobs out there.

I read that this guy wrote a letter to God and wrote letters attacking the employees as human beings before he did this. He was also supposedly a problem child for a long time and definitely on the radar. I do not get how anyone thinks this is any different from any other mass murder we have on here. This guy was straight up looney tunes and there is no defense for what he did. EVERYONE is stressed and has stressors, we don't give them a pass for mass murder because of that.

Trust me, Ive worked retail for several years, I know how stressful it can be.

I feel like people are here defending his actions, I dont get why this guy, who blitz attacked his employees, gets a pass.

My husband was a retail manager for at least 10 years, when we were talking about this guy, there is no justification for his actions. Yeah you get treated like crap, but if it gets bad there are thousands of other retail jobs out there.
    Trust me. I'm not defending him at all. I'm pointing out the issues in America that basically home grow and cultivate people like him. Mental healthcare is not accessible, guns are too accessible and people are working inside of a pressure cooker 24/7. It's a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I read that this guy wrote a letter to God and wrote letters attacking the employees as human beings before he did this. He was also supposedly a problem child for a long time and definitely on the radar. I do not get how anyone thinks this is any different from any other mass murder we have on here. This guy was straight up looney tunes and there is no defense for what he did. EVERYONE is stressed and has stressors, we don't give them a pass for mass murder because of that.
    Not defending him at all! But there are differences between shooters, and they are interesting to me. I feel like you need to understand the nuts and bolts of a shooting to understand how to reduce the numbers. (I've given up on preventing all of them) There are lots of things we could do, but won't. Get rid of the big magazines and automatics and semi-automatics, end gun shows, and on and on. So many shooters gather a huge arsenal of weapons that would be illegal in any civilized society. But this guy? He's a throwback to a simpler time. Buy a gun and go shoot the place up. Yes, this guy was crazy, but it almost seems to me that he might have been helped, it someone had noticed he was teetering on the edge, and if we had a decent mental heath system.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Trust me. I'm not defending him at all. I'm pointing out the issues in America that basically home grow and cultivate people like him. Mental healthcare is not accessible, guns are too accessible and people are working inside of a pressure cooker 24/7. It's a recipe for disaster.
    Exactly. And so often if you lose your work you could lose everything.

Again, not defending him, but maybe I understand him more than the guy who sets up a snipers nest and starts shooting total strangers.

Not defending him at all! But there are differences between shooters, and they are interesting to me. I feel like you need to understand the nuts and bolts of a shooting to understand how to reduce the numbers. (I've given up on preventing all of them) There are lots of things we could do, but won't. Get rid of the big magazines and automatics and semi-automatics, end gun shows, and on and on. So many shooters gather a huge arsenal of weapons that would be illegal in any civilized society. But this guy? He's a throwback to a simpler time. Buy a gun and go shoot the place up. Yes, this guy was crazy, but it almost seems to me that he might have been helped, it someone had noticed he was teetering on the edge, and if we had a decent mental heath system.

Exactly. And so often if you lose your work you could lose everything.

Again, not defending him, but maybe I understand him more than the guy who sets up a snipers nest and starts shooting total strangers.
    THIS. The shooters that are racially and hate motivated are different to me. This guy is of the variety where he was likely going to lose everything. It's not hard to believe that a Walmart manager was living paycheck to paycheck.

Compound that with the fact that when people lose their jobs, they also lose their health insurance and other benefits that could make or break them. Imagine being someone with a kid that is receiving Cancer treatment. You're already on the brink of bankruptcy even with insurance and then you lose your job because corporate blames you for bad numbers which is beyond your control. It's enough to drive just about anyone to lose the script and just go off the edge.

Still not defending those that take out innocent people, but there's at least more of an understanding behind the motivations of their actions and what drove them there.

THIS. The shooters that are racially and hate motivated are different to me. This guy is of the variety where he was likely going to lose everything. It's not hard to believe that a Walmart manager was living paycheck to paycheck.

Compound that with the fact that when people lose their jobs, they also lose their health insurance and other benefits that could make or break them. Imagine being someone with a kid that is receiving Cancer treatment. You're already on the brink of bankruptcy even with insurance and then you lose your job because corporate blames you for bad numbers which is beyond your control. It's enough to drive just about anyone to lose the script and just go off the edge.

Still not defending those that take out innocent people, but there's at least more of an understanding behind the motivations of their actions and what drove them there.
    Yeah. I don't know what the "rest of the story" is with this guy, but I think it might be something we could have, should have, fixed. Don't tie all of a persons worth to their job, don't sell them a gun with no waiting period... anyway. Of course the real tragedy is the victims who lost their lives and or family members because of an angry person and a gun ...

Yeah. I don't know what the "rest of the story" is with this guy, but I think it might be something we could have, should have, fixed. Don't tie all of a persons worth to their job, don't sell them a gun with no waiting period... anyway. Of course the real tragedy is the victims who lost their lives and or family members because of an angry person and a gun ...
    Indeed. They are the true victims. The fact that this kind of thing can and has been prevented in so many other places in the world and yet America refuses to do it is criminal. So many innocent lives lost and why? So corporations can continue to pull in record profits.

He's a piece of shit no different from any of the other mass murders we have threads on. HE was in the position of power with his employees. He was the bullier, the one with control and he still murdered them. These poor employees were just trying to work to pay rent, buy food for their family, etc and he slaughtered them because he was a POS who couldn't deal with the fact that he had to follow the same rules that everyone else does and live in the same society everyone else does.

I have the same sympathy for him that I do all of the other mentally ill, gun buying, innocent people slaying people that we've trashed up and down on MDS. ZERO.

He's a piece of shit no different from any of the other mass murders we have threads on. HE was in the position of power with his employees. He was the bullier, the one with control and he still murdered them. These poor employees were just trying to work to pay rent, buy food for their family, etc and he slaughtered them because he was a POS who couldn't deal with the fact that he had to follow the same rules that everyone else does and live in the same society everyone else does.

I have the same sympathy for him that I do all of the other mentally ill, gun buying, innocent people slaying people that we've trashed up and down on MDS. ZERO.
    Totally agree, and we dont know if he was about to be fired. I could see him firing someone for no reason. He wrote up people a lot for petty reasons.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I think that you're confusing some of us with having a possible answer to "Why" with defending actions. ALL mass shooters deserve what's coming to them. There are those where we can't even begin to comprehend why they do it. Then there are those where there might just be a reason WHY they did and attached to failings on the structure of society of America which can possibly be rectified.

We can't fix Hate and racism. We CAN fix some things that lead to these incidents and I'm not sorry for pointing out the differences so that we can begin to use them as examples for changes that are within our power to hopefully prevent this shit in the future.

No amount of mental healthcare seems to be able to cure hate and racism. Mental healthcare possibly could cure what some of these shooters are motivated by.

Sorry, not sorry.

He's a piece of shit and not worth my time to discuss further. The poor victims just went to work and wanted to live their lives and he was pissed off and feeling angry at everyone and decided to slaughter them. If he was a Walmart manager he had insurance and had access to mental health care, he was just pissed and wanted to kill someone. Glad he took the trash out at the end. Sorry not sorry.

I think the conversation is also gonna have to expand on why it?s more men doing the mass shooting than women. Women have just as much access to guns and we?re not committing mass shootings the way men are. I?m definitely all for not making access to guns so easy but it also seems to be a big mental health problem among MEN especially.

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    I think the conversation is also gonna have to expand on why it?s more men doing the mass shooting than women. Women have just as much access to guns and we?re not committing mass shootings the way men are. I?m definitely all for not making access to guns so easy but it also seems to be a big mental health problem among MEN especially.
    Yeah. Women who kill, usually kill people they love or used to love. They don't generally shoot a bunch of strangers or co-workers. There have been a few female serial killers like Wurnos, but it's unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    There was a 20 something woman who was obsessed with the military who shot up a mall. She was a known schizophrenic and was off her meds.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/jus...icle-1.1211691
    Last edited by Angiebla; 11-26-2022 at 06:46 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Was he going to be fired?

When you're a crappy store manager at walmart (which is sounds like he was, yeah crappy employees exist and a lot of people who work there are on the lazy side...but if you're not a bad manager and you're willing to actually help with the work and be on the floor with them instead of just demanding things get done that you're not willing to do yourself no one is going to want to help you) they don't fire you. They investigate why you're failing, have you make a plan and work hard to accomplish it, and if that doesn't work out then they just demote you and you only lose so much pay. Unless there was an actual reason to fire him for a different reason beyond that.

*I have someone close to me who is a higher up at a walmart and plans on becoming a store manager so I have knowledge as they've seen it happen a couple times.

This guy was just a horrible person who should have taken himself out before anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Thread Information